Intermittent Fasting (the IF warrior)

Tianmo

i won't say that everyone needs to do IF.

Despite doing it for almost 6 months, my family all don't adopt any of it as well LOL

↡ Advertisement

my stomach will feel very empty and uncomforta.ble if i miss the 'normal' meal time   [laugh]

I posted not so long ago, if I missed my lunch, my family can sense my mood change. Now into IF , not a problem.  

Fasting not just for losing weight. There are other health benefits that comes with it.

I bluff you guys not.

I just took my lunch at redhill and I truly treasured  it as I know it's gonna be my only main meal till tomorrow .

PS.. shall post the meal at the other thread. :grin:

• Praise 1

I bluff you guys not.

I just took my lunch at redhill and I truly treasured  it as I know it's gonna be my only main meal till tomorrow .

Only the grandmasters of IF like @tianmo and @lala81 can cross between the realms of the makan thread  can come here safely, without much effect.  [laugh]  [laugh]

I started IF on exactly 1 July this year, about 3 months ago. Before that, I was on a Low/no carb diet which I found very hard to maintain. At that point, even on a Low carb diet, my body fat was 27.7%. Problem was sticking with the diet cuz I like to eat. I especially like to eat desserts, Prata, chips etc.

After 3 months of IF, my body fat has fallen to 19.2%. This is with eating mooncakes, ice cream etc. And other treats on a regular basis. All the things I love.

Over time, I have found that although I have lost fat, my muscle mass weight has been maintained, even going up a little. I am now sold on IF and can probably carry on with this eating pattern indefinitely, with an occasional break from it once every 3-4 Weeks, when I go for a Prata breakfast.

27.7%  to 19.2%  [thumbsup]

My BF% not moving..

• Praise 1

Only the grandmasters of IF like @tianmo and @lala81 can cross between the realms of the makan thread can come here safely, without much effect. [laugh][laugh]

27.7% to 19.2% [thumbsup]

My BF% not moving..

I do lots of HIIT in a fasted state. Find that if I don't, my body fat doesn't go down much.

• Praise 1

Only the grandmasters of IF like @tianmo and @lala81 can cross between the realms of the makan thread  can come here safely, without much effect.  [laugh]  [laugh]

LL i do enjoy cooking and eating. Live to eat vs eat to live.

LL i do enjoy cooking and eating. Live to eat vs eat to live.

That is one thing about IF, is you don't have to be in any diet plan, but still gain some benefits of IF. Of course can combine with a healthy diet and exercise programme would be better.  

I started IF on exactly 1 July this year, about 3 months ago. Before that, I was on a Low/no carb diet which I found very hard to maintain. At that point, even on a Low carb diet, my body fat was 27.7%. Problem was sticking with the diet cuz I like to eat. I especially like to eat desserts, Prata, chips etc.

After 3 months of IF, my body fat has fallen to 19.2%. This is with eating mooncakes, ice cream etc. And other treats on a regular basis. All the things I love.

Over time, I have found that although I have lost fat, my muscle mass weight has been maintained, even going up a little. I am now sold on IF and can probably carry on with this eating pattern indefinitely, with an occasional break from it once every 3-4 Weeks, when I go for a Prata breakfast.

yah, IF preserve muscle actually. You are doing well man!!!  :yuush:

It is already part of my life and I dont really worry too much of what I can or cannot eat, or when i start to eat. It is now when I sld stop eating.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Got cheat days or not huh?? If got occasion need to go for impromptu makan session then how? 

Cheat days? what cheat days?

IF is not a diet, there is nothing to cheat because you decide your windows and eat/fast according to your lifestyles and needs. 

If you need to eat during noon, go ahead and eat, if you need to eat at 8pm, go ahead and eat, as long as you can adjust the windows you just go ahead with whatever you need to do. Cannot fit into the eating window? just let it go for the day and come back into schedule tomorrow. 

Actually IF is relatively simple and flexible.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

i won't say that everyone needs to do IF.

Despite doing it for almost 6 months, my family all don't adopt any of it as well LOL

My whole family is now in some kind of an IF, OC and me doing the proper one, she takes lunch at 12 noon, finish all her nuts by 6pm and close shop. The kids mostly dont take breakfast and eat only when they are hungry, sometimes skip recess also, but they get to eat anything they want, this family has no fix rule for meal times now.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I bluff you guys not.

You are on the right track ham.  [thumbsup]

My perception of food has change too, I used to order a lot of food ending up wasting, these days I make sure I order food I can finish. 

Before was like always wonder what to eat, and seem like there is nothing interesting to eat, even after walking 2 rounds of the 75 stalls hawker centre. These days, I see everything also very interesting, but i dont have enough space to take them all.  [:p]  [laugh]

And so I treasure all my food.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

That is one thing about IF, is you don't have to be in any diet plan, but still gain some benefits of IF. Of course can combine with a healthy diet and exercise programme would be better.  

Yah, exercise helps a lot, and IF also helps to improve our exercise,  is like they compromise each other. 

IF is never a diet, its just when and how we eat. Thats why we can eat almost anything we want.  And you can still lift weights fasted and break your fast with a good mee siam double egg.  [:p]

Can see you really enjoying it also.  [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Turbocharged

I do lots of HIIT in a fasted state. Find that if I don't, my body fat doesn't go down much.

what's your HIIT regime like?

I don't IF and it's already tiring and draining enough doing my HIIT 7 hours after lunch (mostly no food in between except for 7 almonds or a banana at 5/6pm).

my HIIT is quite standard - 180m sprint all out, rest 45 sec, repeat another 7 times.

Internal Moderator

Woah. Last time is Tiko ranger now IF ranger. 

改邪鬼正 arh. 

Okay. I think my Chinese wrong. But nevermind lah. Can read can liao. 

• Praise 2

what's your HIIT regime like?

I don't IF and it's already tiring and draining enough doing my HIIT 7 hours after lunch (mostly no food in between except for 7 almonds or a banana at 5/6pm).

my HIIT is quite standard - 180m sprint all out, rest 45 sec, repeat another 7 times.

I can no longer run much as I have worn out most of my cartilage in my knees. So I use the stepper or usually the elliptical machine.

Will set the resistance and aim for a base heart rate of 150, peak heart rate of about 160. 30 second intervals of sprints versus relaxed pace. I try to do minimum 12-15 mins and overall HIIT session should have an average heart rate of about 150+. If on stepper, than every 30 second I will raise the effort level by 2-3 notches.

Sometimes, when I feel like it, I will do 6-7 sets of power cleans instead of cardio. Or I will do complexes, using an Olympic bar and only 5 kegs on each side, I will do stiffed leg deadlifts, bent over rows, upright rows, front squats, shoulder presses, back squats. All exercises done on after another with no rest between sets, 5 reps each. When I run through all these exercises, it is considered one set. Will do about 3-4 sets of this and that's enough.

I've had my heart rate peak at about 165 before but I was dying... could not sustain for long.

• Praise 2

You've misunderstood IF to be starving. Generally, it is just shifting your meal times. You fast for 16 hours, then eat normally in the 8 hours window - yes. you basically eat anything during this time, let your temptation flow. It gives your body more time to digest, and also naturally keeps your intake in moderation.

People should still avoid simple sugar in any sense. Hydrogenated oil (margarine, non-dairy creamer, most veg oil and artificial spreads) must avoid. Carbo, I still eat proportionate to the level of exercise I do and energy I need. Lard, I still eat moderately, much better than most salad dressing and bottled sauces which are full of hydrogenated oil and trans fat.

If you look back in time, the ancients monks practiced 过午不食. They wake up at 4am, eat and exercise , eat again before noon then fast until the next day.

OIC.  I think I have been practising Intermittent fasting unknowingly for so many years.  I usually dun take breakfast and take my lunch at 12pm and stop eating at 10pm.  I seldom take sugar drink, usually plain water and chinese tea. 

So does this consider IF?  The only thing I want to get rid is my TUMMY.  :(

Woah. Last time is Tiko ranger now IF ranger.

æ¹éªé¬¼æ­£ arh.

Okay. I think my Chinese wrong. But nevermind lah. Can read can liao.

no wrong no wrong, if not they won't have the word 魔鬼 [laugh] [laugh]
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1