Intermittent Fasting (the IF warrior)

Tianmo

Internal Moderator

Hahhaa. True true. 

All these IF ranger all in disguise only. still a 魔鬼.  :psychotic: 

no wrong no wrong, if not they won't have the word 魔鬼 [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

OIC.  I think I have been practising Intermittent fasting unknowingly for so many years.  I usually dun take breakfast and take my lunch at 12pm and stop eating at 10pm.  I seldom take sugar drink, usually plain water and chinese tea. 

So does this consider IF?  The only thing I want to get rid is my TUMMY.  :(

Same same. I used to do that to. I am not a breakfast kind of person. Therefore my weight was always maintained. No up, no down.

However when I started on strict IF routine, my weight start to drop. I am on 16/8 and strictly drink plain water only during the fasting window. 8pm to 12noon is my fasting window.

To get rid of tummy fats, need to do exercises that are targetted at that area like crunches.

• Praise 5

Same same. I used to do that to. I am not a breakfast kind of person. Therefore my weight was always maintained. No up, no down.

However when I started on strict IF routine, my weight start to drop. I am on 16/8 and strictly drink plain water only during the fasting window. 8pm to 12noon is my fasting window.

To get rid of tummy fats, need to do exercises that are targetted at that area like crunches.

OIC.  No wonder my weight has been the same over the past 10 years.   I only drink plain water, chinese tea and plain green tea.

Ok, I'll try to do crunches to get rid of my tummy.  Thanks.

• Praise 5

Woah. Last time is Tiko ranger now IF ranger. 

改邪鬼正 arh. 

Okay. I think my Chinese wrong. But nevermind lah. Can read can liao. 

Oh no no no!!!

Tiko Ranger is Tiko ranger. 

This one is IF Warrior!! 

Ranger and Warrior, same same but no same same. Both also fight but no same fighting.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

And anyway, once a demon forever a demon, change also nobody believe one.  [cool]

• Praise 1

Hahhaa. True true. 

All these IF ranger all in disguise only. still a 魔鬼.  :psychotic: 

魔鬼bring ppl to hell.

天魔bring ppl to heaven. 

same same but no same same.  :XD:

I also not IF expert, but all of us have been fasting in our sleep every day. That's why the first meal of the day is known as "breakfast". 10pm to 12pm is about 14 hour fast liao.

However, if you have been having late suppers or late snacks, or drink any sugar drink (e.g. milo, kopi, teh) in the morning then it might have defeated the purpose. 

Actually I don't think too much about what diet what not, just follow a routine  which you feel is sustainable and you conscientiously monitor your own progress. Feeling healthy is the most important.

Most people these days including myself, usually over-eat rather than starve. Even skipping one meal, I feel like I still eat a lot over lunch and dinner. 3 meals a day seem more of a social norm, more than a biological need.

This one not only i up both hands to agree, @ender will come in and tell you 三餐饱 is not quite right actually.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

After my few longer fast, I feel that we actually dont really need that much food. All the talking about how much calories we need daily is just from the food industry to make us eat more, no other meaning to it.  [laugh]

OIC.  No wonder my weight has been the same over the past 10 years.   I only drink plain water, chinese tea and plain green tea.

If your weight has been constant, and your eating habit is good. Exercise is what you need.  [thumbsup]

But tummy fats is a hard nut, and a common enemy. 加油!!!

• Praise 2

One point to note is that to get rid of tummy, you need to lose overall body fat. Targeted area fat loss is not possible and people lose fat at different areas first like some face first, some arms first, some legs first. Unfortunately, tummy is usually the last to go for guys.

Doing crunches is still good for burning calories and when you lose enough fat, you get some definition on your stomach  [laugh]

• Praise 12

Turbocharged

One point to note is that to get rid of tummy, you need to lose overall body fat. Targeted area fat loss is not possible and people lose fat at different areas first like some face first, some arms first, some legs first. Unfortunately, tummy is usually the last to go for guys.

Doing crunches is still good for burning calories and when you lose enough fat, you get some definition on your stomach  [laugh]

this i agree. when i lost a total of 5kg, my tummy is still there!!! but my waist, butt n even wrists got slimmer. now my hand is like a guniang!!!

• Praise 1

what's your HIIT regime like?

I don't IF and it's already tiring and draining enough doing my HIIT 7 hours after lunch (mostly no food in between except for 7 almonds or a banana at 5/6pm).

my HIIT is quite standard - 180m sprint all out, rest 45 sec, repeat another 7 times.

Maybe your rest is too long. Time your 180m sprint and have an equivalent rest period. Or instead of going by distance, sprint 30 Sec, jog 30 Sec, sprint 30 Sec and so on. I suspect your 45 sec rest allows your heart rate to drop a little too much

Planking is good too. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Had a 12hr fast, however ate a light lunch n felt very hungry. Jus finished a 2nd light lunch. Does this defeats the lurpose of my fast? Its like eventhough i didnt eat breakfast, i replaced it with 2 lunches.

Had a 12hr fast, however ate a light lunch n felt very hungry. Jus finished a 2nd light lunch. Does this defeats the lurpose of my fast? Its like eventhough i didnt eat breakfast, i replaced it with 2 lunches.

It doesnt matter. If within ur feeding window, just feast on anything. Fasting window, eat nothing and drink only plain water.

I see ... I know a bit sensitive to ask what is your current weight.

Just say out what was your weight 11 years ago can already.  [:p]

Try planking too. Go way to also arch and strengthen the spine and back. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

It doesnt matter. If within ur feeding window, just feast on anything. Fasting window, eat nothing and drink only plain water.

Oh ok...thats gd to know. Cos i usually hv heavy breakfast n light lunch. So by skipping bfast my body not used to it.

I see ... I know a bit sensitive to ask what is your current weight.

Just say out what was your weight 11 years ago can already. [:p]

Try planking too. Go way to also arch and strengthen the spine and back.

Been doing planking on n off for few wks. The back can hurt bad!! Now do 1min struggling liao. Dunno when can reach 2mins.

Been doing planking on n off for few wks. The back can hurt bad!! Now do 1min struggling liao. Dunno when can reach 2mins.

When starting initially back will feel sng. But there are benefits to this and its worth the perseverance. 

Edited by Blueray
↡ Advertisement