New VW still using key ignition

Charmaine12

I wish my car has good old key ignition instead of keyless. Makes it much easier to start the engine without having to get into car, cos need to press the brake pedal as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 5/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, Columbian78 said:

I wish my car has good old key ignition instead of keyless. Makes it much easier to start the engine without having to get into car, cos need to press the brake pedal as well.

I actually agree with this.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, Columbian78 said:

Yes, especially during the hot weather, Can start he engine and aircon first without getting into the car and then go hide under some shether first while waiting for the car to cool down.

Very important for this.

45 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Yes, especially during the hot weather, Can start he engine and aircon first without getting into the car and then go hide under some shether first while waiting for the car to cool down.

Very important for this.

Keyless also can do this right? [:p]

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Keyless also can do this right? [:p]

From what I see, keyless key type you have to sit in the car depress the brake before the keyless button can work? Correct me if I am wrong.

9 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

From what I see, keyless key type you have to sit in the car depress the brake before the keyless button can work? Correct me if I am wrong.

I mean keyless also can start the engine and aircon first then go hide under shelter while waiting for the car to cool down la. Dont think you need to sit in the car after you have depress the brake and started the engine.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I mean keyless also can start the engine and aircon first then go hide under shelter while waiting for the car to cool down la. Dont think you need to sit in the car after you have depress the brake and started the engine.

I see. Yes, I mean not having to get into the car at all under very hot weather condition. The seats itself is "ouch Ouch" hot.

• Haha! 1

For me, after opening the door, I just press my right palm on the brake pedal and left hand on the ignition switch... Don't need to get into the car or be seated to start the engine![idea]

For those with super sensitive KESSY system, put your key fob on the dash before you press the ignition button. It works.

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

The manufacturer needs to offer remote engine start in the keyflob first. From what I can see, for SG market, almost no Japs nor Korea makes offer this feature. Only high end Chevrolet and Opel, Mercedes Benz and high end Audi offer such features as standard.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Nothing beats the conventional key. Stop start feature saps your car battery and shortens its lifespan..

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Nothing beats the conventional key. Stop start feature saps your car battery and shortens its lifespan..

yup, one less thing to spoil. 

I low SES, never owned a car with Start/Stop before 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Conventional key and start/stop features are not the same.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Othello said:

yup, one less thing to spoil. 

I low SES, never owned a car with Start/Stop before 

Start/stop is useless. 

Addition button is switch it off before moving out. Diao..... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Hamburger said:

Start/stop is useless. 

Addition button is switch it off before moving out. Diao..... 

Can be programmed to be permanently OFF

• Praise 1