Hyundai i30 N

Toeknee_33

Turbocharged

I was curious as I went Hyundai on Sunday to check out other models and out of curiousity i asked the SE and she told me estimated price will be $170k+.. not sure how true is it.

More expensive than VW Golf GTi...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3rd Gear

More expensive than VW Golf GTi...

Ya. I think if they put it at $150k maybe more ppl will buy lol.. hopefully not the price the SE told me..

Turbocharged

Ya. I think if they put it at $150k maybe more ppl will buy lol.. hopefully not the price the SE told me..

VW Golf GTi list price is $167K...if i30N at $150K, only $17K cheaper.
  • Praise 3

I think only the performance pack is more powerful? The base i30N would be similar.

Plus if it isn't a cheaper by a large margin, i doubt anyone would bother to go for the Hyundai. Go for the tested and proven GTI.

Plus this is Singapore, so the stick shift already killed 90% of the driving population. So with limited customer base, they'd have to price it competitively against competitors.

How was Stinger priced against similar continental marques?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I think only the performance pack is more powerful? The base i30N would be similar.

Plus if it isn't a cheaper by a large margin, i doubt anyone would bother to go for the Hyundai. Go for the tested and proven GTI.

Plus this is Singapore, so the stick shift already killed 90% of the driving population. So with limited customer base, they'd have to price it competitively against competitors.

How was Stinger priced against similar continental marques?

Correct. If 170+k for i30N, likely it will be a showroom piece only. The more capable civic type R, FK8 is 186k will get that over the i30N if the diff is 10k.

For i30N to be successful, it has to be below 150k. 145k might do it. But one problem is the VES is likely to be 20k and that will hurt the price some. But I would think majority of the CatB performance oriented models will be VES C2 anyway.

Let’s see.

• Praise 1

Europe's the last bastion for the stick shift... sigh... I seriously doubt Hyundai will sell any i30N at $170K... automatic or manual... but good to have it in the showroom though... ha ha... halo product always nice to have...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Europe's the last bastion for the stick shift... sigh... I seriously doubt Hyundai will sell any i30N at $170K... automatic or manual... but good to have it in the showroom though... ha ha... halo product always nice to have...

If $170K, might as well buy the Stinger 2.0T.
  • Praise 4

My guess should be around 140k to max 150k. As the Stinger is priced at 165k now, bigger and slightly quicker acceleration.

In fact, I hope KM will bring in Elantra Sport Turbo 1.6, if they can priced it at 100 to 110k (same price as Tucson 1.6T with same engine and transmission), I think it will be pretty good deal as compared to Civic Turbo at 120k.

• Praise 2

My guess should be around 140k to max 150k. As the Stinger is priced at 165k now, bigger and slightly quicker acceleration.

In fact, I hope KM will bring in Elantra Sport Turbo 1.6, if they can priced it at 100 to 110k (same price as Tucson 1.6T with same engine and transmission), I think it will be pretty good deal as compared to Civic Turbo at 120k.

But it'll be stripped down... a bit hard to compete if priced at $110K...

Still no news of any of the good hyundais

I30 if they had the SR trim would be good competition for civic hatchback

• Praise 1

kia said bring in i30n, and kia korea maybe doing a kona n. i will be those crazy type getting i30n as a daily drive. but i think they will price it maybe 10k below gti. around 20% markup from total basic cost

• Praise 1

kia said bring in i30n, and kia korea maybe doing a kona n. i will be those crazy type getting i30n as a daily drive. but i think they will price it maybe 10k below gti. around 20% markup from total basic cost

Kia  Hyundai.

• Praise 1

Elantra Sport will give the Honda Civic 1.5 turbo some serious competition.

I hope the Elantra Sport will be sold in Singapore soon.

It is already for sale in Malaysia .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaTm4fZI2pM

If really $10K below a GTI, unlikely they will see many sales. Cause 99% of the population will go for the GTI. Haha.

Civic 1.5T has a hatch version (in manual) being sold by some Parallel Importers in SG.

Also a very interesting proposition.

Take a look!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If really $10K below a GTI, unlikely they will see many sales. Cause 99% of the population will go for the GTI. Haha.

Civic 1.5T has a hatch version (in manual) being sold by some Parallel Importers in SG.

Also a very interesting proposition.

Take a look!

That is true. A korean hatchback with no history vs a conti brand with established history, there's really not much reason to save the 10k.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1