Ramky Carpark barrier dropped on my car

Z_Dash

Incident happened 24th September when i was exiting carpark after just within 5 mins.

https://youtu.be/5thc92cuKYI

Was just moving out towards barrier behind a blue Taxi.

Kept a sufficient 1.5 car distance from the taxi.

After taxi exited, i proceed to move towards gantry (display was still showing "please slow down....."

Just upon approaching the display showed "Parking fee $0.00 Thank you!" which i proceed to exit when barrier was raised after acknowledging my vehicle.

Barrier dropped back half way while i was exiting.

Contacted HDB, they referred me to Ramky which was their vendor.

Ramky replied below

We have been reviewing CCTV footage related to your claim and following are our finding result.

· You has failed to confirm barrier open for your vehicle exiting, do note that “Barrier operates for one vehicle at a time”

· Due to sudden approach, the lowering barrier lifted up and does not hit your vehicle

Now facing a vendor that insistent i am wrong and their barrier didn't hit me (though video clearly can hear the barrier hitting quite hard on my vehicle).

Damage on windscreen and side weather strip, the chassis pillar also looks misaligned.

Edited by Z_Dash
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I still can't tell if you are right or wrong from the video.

But if you wanna claim them, this is the way forward:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/all-small-claims-to-be-filed-online-with-launch-of-new-electronic-system

Thanks! This would be helpful.

Apologies maybe the quality of video is compressed.

I have the full resolution stored.

Pretty clear to two

1) Carpark system sensed my vehicle and proceed to deduct payment.

2) Barrier was raised to facilitate my exit

Using Blackvue DR550 2chn. But video seems to have been compressed when I merged 2 clips together.

Edited by Z_Dash

Twincharged

Incident happened 24th September when i was exiting carpark after just within 5 mins.

https://youtu.be/5thc92cuKYI

Was just moving out towards barrier behind a blue Taxi.

Kept a sufficient 1.5 car distance from the taxi.

After taxi exited, i proceed to move towards gantry (display was still showing "please slow down....."

Just upon approaching the display showed "Parking fee $0.00 Thank you!" which i proceed to exit when barrier was raised after acknowledging my vehicle.

Barrier dropped back half way while i was exiting.

Contacted HDB, they referred me to Ramky which was their vendor.

Ramky replied below

Now facing a vendor that insistent i am wrong and their barrier didn't hit me (though video clearly can hear the barrier hitting quite hard on my vehicle).

Damage on windscreen and side weather strip, the chassis pillar also looks misaligned.

Seen this happen a few times already. I think cuz it thought you tailgating. Usually happens when there is another car just infront also. So now, I always wait for the barrier to raise up fully before proceeding. Confirm that the barrier is fully raised up for my vehicle first then go.

• Praise 1

Seen this happen a few times already. I think cuz it thought you tailgating. Usually happens when there is another car just infront also. So now, I always wait for the barrier to raise up fully before proceeding. Confirm that the barrier is fully raised up for my vehicle first then go.

The system acknowledge my vehicle and proceed with deduction liao.......then barrier raised for me.

I kept a sufficient distance from earlier car (about 1.5 car distance).

Twincharged

The system acknowledge my vehicle and proceed with deduction liao.......then barrier raised for me.

I kept a sufficient distance from earlier car (about 1.5 car distance).

Ya. I also thought that way. But it seems like sometimes the computer lag or something. It will come down again. So better to confirm the barrier is fully raised before proceeding. Noticed this happening quite a few times already. Cashcard got deducted but the car infront just moved off like 2 car lengths away only so the barrier raised abit and lowered again before raising.

from my observation, the barrier raised again before it was horizontally rested and the sensor detected on the ground earlier than the system, could have slammed down! Lag communication from the overhead sensor.

dimmed light also played a part in this scenario

Barrier usually have sponge attached to the bottom right? So hard meh it can hit ?

Either the barrier super strong or your car super soft.

Once saw a lady walking past the gantry and the gantry arm lands on her head, she fell to the ground and picked herself and walked off. Though the arm is aluminium or sheet metal, it is not solid. I can\t imagine how come the chassis pillar shall be misaligned. Claim through own insurance and take it up to the small claims tribunal. But, before taking up with the small claims tribunal, I would rather send them another detailed and explicitly mention that if Ramky fails to own the repair cost then will take it up to small claims tribunal. Even if the TS won\t get 100%, he still have the chance to settle for more than 50%.

Just bring them to small claims tribunal if you think you have case.

No point asking opinion here.

Singapore is not famous for pro-consumer

True......just like we had to swallow down a president on a requirement that was never measured.

Barrier usually have sponge attached to the bottom right? So hard meh it can hit ?

Either the barrier super strong or your car super soft.

Dun bang on the sponge. It's a hard rubber.

Hear the sound in video how hard the barrier came down on me.

Once saw a lady walking past the gantry and the gantry arm lands on her head, she fell to the ground and picked herself and walked off. Though the arm is aluminium or sheet metal, it is not solid. I can\t imagine how come the chassis pillar shall be misaligned. Claim through own insurance and take it up to the small claims tribunal. But, before taking up with the small claims tribunal, I would rather send them another detailed and explicitly mention that if Ramky fails to own the repair cost then will take it up to small claims tribunal. Even if the TS won\t get 100%, he still have the chance to settle for more than 50%.

ever let it landed directly on my head before, no dent though :D
  • Praise 1

Yes, be patient.. Why so impatient that even exiting carpark, the barrier haven't fully down a after taxi exit and want to quickly chiong out?

↡ Advertisement