Ramky Carpark barrier dropped on my car

Z_Dash

Incident happened 24th September when i was exiting carpark after just within 5 mins.

https://youtu.be/5thc92cuKYI

Was just moving out towards barrier behind a blue Taxi.

Kept a sufficient 1.5 car distance from the taxi.

After taxi exited, i proceed to move towards gantry (display was still showing "please slow down....."

Just upon approaching the display showed "Parking fee $0.00 Thank you!" which i proceed to exit when barrier was raised after acknowledging my vehicle.

Barrier dropped back half way while i was exiting.

Contacted HDB, they referred me to Ramky which was their vendor.

Ramky replied below

Now facing a vendor that insistent i am wrong and their barrier didn't hit me (though video clearly can hear the barrier hitting quite hard on my vehicle).

Damage on windscreen and side weather strip, the chassis pillar also looks misaligned.

Even though you are not following close to taxi and leave some gap.. But the way you exit carpark already considered quite impatient. Drive car be patient man.

Exit carpark the barrier haven't fully down after taxi exit and you quickly want to chiong and exit lao.

↡ Advertisement

The video looks weird. There seems to be an edit between the 4th and 5th second, where the barrier suddenly appeared instead of gradually coming down. Also, at the part where the barrier was supposedly opening up for you, the taxi's position had barely just left the barrier. Looks to me like you were tailgating. 

The video looks weird. There seems to be an edit between the 4th and 5th second, where the barrier suddenly appeared instead of gradually coming down. Also, at the part where the barrier was supposedly opening up for you, the taxi's position had barely just left the barrier. Looks to me like you were tailgating.

it looks funny to me too.

Once saw a lady walking past the gantry and the gantry arm lands on her head, she fell to the ground and picked herself and walked off. Though the arm is aluminium or sheet metal, it is not solid. I can\t imagine how come the chassis pillar shall be misaligned. Claim through own insurance and take it up to the small claims tribunal. But, before taking up with the small claims tribunal, I would rather send them another detailed and explicitly mention that if Ramky fails to own the repair cost then will take it up to small claims tribunal. Even if the TS won\t get 100%, he still have the chance to settle for more than 50%.

It is v painful when hit. My colleague was hit by a barrier. Her head was painful n swollen

Very bad luck... I think not your fault but difficult to claim from the carpark company unless you decide to throw money into black hole by suing them.

I would just curse, go temple pray and then repair damage myself.

(edited)

It was between 2 pieces of 1 minute files which I merged.

You can see the gap between is definately more than a car length. To tailgate I'm sure I would need to be so much closer.

it looks funny to me too.

It was a merge between two file as Blackvue records in minutes. hope that clears up.

I have no need to tailgate give I was only within carpark for 5 mins thus amount is $0

If necessary to prove my innocence I can upload the two separate file later in original full 2 minute if that clears up I have no intend to tailgate for just 5 minute stay in carpark.

It's pretty insulating when my distance with the front taxi is so clearly sufficient gap to wait.......do take note at 3rd second the display already registered my exit cost.

Edited by Z_Dash

Twincharged

It was between 2 pieces of 1 minute files which I merged.

You can see the gap between is definately more than a car length. To tailgate I'm sure I would need to be so much closer.

It was a merge between two file as Blackvue records in minutes. hope that clears up.

I have no need to tailgate give I was only within carpark for 5 mins thus amount is $0

If necessary to prove my innocence I can upload the two separate file later in original full 2 minute if that clears up I have no intend to tailgate for just 5 minute stay in carpark.

It's pretty insulating when my distance with the front taxi is so clearly sufficient gap to wait.......do take note at 3rd second the display already registered my exit cost.

I guess take it as a learning experience then. Usually have to wait till the barrier raises up fully before you proceed cuz sometimes the barrier will just come down halfway through. But damage shouldn't be too big la. The most is some scratches only? 

Incident happened 24th September when i was exiting carpark after just within 5 mins.

https://youtu.be/5thc92cuKYI

Was just moving out towards barrier behind a blue Taxi.

Kept a sufficient 1.5 car distance from the taxi.

After taxi exited, i proceed to move towards gantry (display was still showing "please slow down....."

Just upon approaching the display showed "Parking fee $0.00 Thank you!" which i proceed to exit when barrier was raised after acknowledging my vehicle.

Barrier dropped back half way while i was exiting.

Contacted HDB, they referred me to Ramky which was their vendor.

Ramky replied below

Now facing a vendor that insistent i am wrong and their barrier didn't hit me (though video clearly can hear the barrier hitting quite hard on my vehicle).

Damage on windscreen and side weather strip, the chassis pillar also looks misaligned.

Similar thing happened to me 1 year ago in May 2016.

But in my case the whole bar dropped off about,  90 degrees from the operating direction, and smashed into my car. 

There was no car in front of me. 

Turns out that the bar had been tied in placed by cable tie. ??!!!

The cable tie probably just broke off and the bar crashed into my car, causing dents and deep scratches on the side of my car. 

I made a complaint to HDB, wrote to the forum(my letter was posted) and wrote to the company Guthrie Eng.

I wrote to the forum as i was concerned that the bar could fall on someone else. 

If the bar had hit someone on the head, the person might have died. 

Guthrie made compensation to me for the minor repairs. 

I told them i was going to write to the forum anyway, as it is a safety issue. 

• Praise 2

Twincharged

But in my case the whole bar dropped off about,  90 degrees from the operating direction, and smashed into my car. 

The cable tie probably just broke off and the bar crashed into my car, causing dents and deep scratches on the side of my car. 

I made a complaint to HDB, wrote to the forum(my letter was posted) and wrote to the company Guthrie Eng.

I wrote to the forum as i was concerned that the bar could fall on someone else. 

I think yours quite clear cut that it isn't your fault cuz the barrier fell off after it went up fully. Whereas in TS case, the barrier haven't lifted up fully yet.

Scary, i always drive through the min the barrier lifts, i dont wait for it to be fully lifted, looks like better do so

You must wait for the thing to fully raise.....

• Praise 1

chassis pillar misaligned because of that bump?

your car literally soft like tofu, better don't drive it anymore, drive some more the chassis may split into half

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

your car literally soft like tofu, better don't drive it anymore, drive some more the chassis may split into half

Wonder which pillar he is referring to..

A Pillar are design to take the weight of the car when up side down.. How come a bump will misaligned it? A dent more likely blah..

True......just like we had to swallow down a president on a requirement that was never measured.

Dun bang on the sponge. It's a hard rubber.

Hear the sound in video how hard the barrier came down on me.

Blackvue sound recording for low pitch is very exaggerated.

I'm using one myself.

I go over bumps n hump machiam car falling a part.

Why?

The cam is attached to the car body. For your case it will be extremely pronounced

Can u upload pics of Ur damaged car?

Edited by Friendstar

But in my case the whole bar dropped off about, 90 degrees from the operating direction, and smashed into my car.

i see a lot of carpark barriers with cable ties leh... hopefully not all is due to loose parts which is a safety hazard.

i only see TS going too fast.

it takes a couple of seconds to detect the IU and for the barrier to lift.

I don't see any issue when the barrier is raised for me already.

Blackvue sound recording for low pitch is very exaggerated.

I'm using one myself.

I go over bumps n hump machiam car falling a part.

Why?

The cam is attached to the car body. For your case it will be extremely pronounced

Can u upload pics of Ur damaged car?

So you're saying my own ear having problem when I heard it first hand inside the car?

The contractor claimed the barrier didn't even touch my car! If never touch why got a thub sound?

Not everyone is rich like you to drive a tank. Sorry mine is a honda maybe not as good as conti.

You must wait for the thing to fully raise.....ð¤. School never teach meh?

Yes.....next time please remember to wait barrier fully raised.....1 minute later then exit the gantry.

School also teach junction must stop fully before executing turn.......do you follow fully?

I think yours quite clear cut that it isn't your fault cuz the barrier fell off after it went up fully. Whereas in TS case, the barrier haven't lifted up fully yet.

Maybe my over confidence in the barriers.

Why raise carpark fees when barrier gives more problem. I rather non EPS carpark especially with parking.sg app convenience now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1