G plate into Malaysia: technical issues

FurionLfg

Hi,

I was looking at my G-plate commercial vehicle insurance terms and conditions.

Realized that "geographical area" includes West Malaysia and 80 km into Thailand !

So I am planning to drive G-plate into Malaysia without getting the relevant permits from Malaysia side.

I wish to know: How is the ban on Singapore commercial vehicles enforced? Is it aggressively enforced, or just another close-one-eye type of regulation?

Exactly where do they do they conduct checks?

↡ Advertisement

Haha. You can try my friend. Insurance coverage in Malaysia doesn't mean your vehicle has the permit to drive in.

You can try and share with us your experience.

• Praise 1

Hi,

I was looking at my G-plate commercial vehicle insurance terms and conditions.

Realized that "geographical area" includes West Malaysia and 80 km into Thailand !

So I am planning to drive G-plate into Malaysia without getting the relevant permits from Malaysia side.

I wish to know: How is the ban on Singapore commercial vehicles enforced? Is it aggressively enforced, or just another close-one-eye type of regulation?

Exactly where do they do they conduct checks?

Singapore side is close one eye type of regulation.

Many custom officers don't even care whether you driving G plate or normal car. 

Normally they don't really conduct checks. 

Just drive into MY and enjoy your trip. 

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/sgp_singapore/faqs

it's not sg restrictions... its malaysian side.... and they wont stop u from gg in to msia.. only stop u when u r cmg bk... gd luck.... worth it meh?

Singapore side is close one eye type of regulation.

Many custom officers don't even care whether you driving G plate or normal car.

Normally they don't really conduct checks.

Just drive into MY and enjoy your trip.

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/sgp_singapore/faqs

The link given is for SG vehicle to be used as commercial vehicle in MY ie for business purposes. So if use for leisure purposes mean its ok?

You try then let us know. If for leisure they dont stop, then i go back office tell all my drivers to drive our G plate and PA plate vehicles go desaru in relax

I seen lots of PB and G plate goes inside JB.

At the custom, the officer just walk behind the vehicle and check if there is this sticker.

I think you can purchase this stick at any car plate maker shop.

20555608_A2.jpg

Edited by Imac
  • Praise 1

It depends on what vehicle is it la. If it is panel van or lorry obviously they will ask questions.

If it is G-Plate Land Rover Defender then they'll probably let you pass.

• Praise 1

Point to note here is in SG our Class 2 can drive a SG Commercial Vehicle, but in MY a commercial vehicle is list as a Goods & Service vehicle, thus you need to have a MY G&S vehicle License not a class 2.

Technically G-Plate Land Rover is not a "Commercial Vehicle"/ MY Goods & Service vehicle, so allowed. If it is panel van or lorry, you need their MY G&S vehicle License not a class 2.  [sunny]

• Praise 1

Regarding the Landrover, didnt a grp of Landrover got compounded a few yrs ago due to not having proper docus in msia? The Landrover were G-plated as well. Now I seldom see G-platers be it commercial or Landrover in msia anymore.

How I wish entry into msia for G-plate is less strict. I personally love those double cabs like Nissan Navara alike.

I always seen a SG registered van parked along the car wash stretch at new york hotel. Went to peek at the road tax and realised he is using car plate instead of G plate to hiong in!

There are a handful of S plated vans in sg, don't think anyone will just for the sake of going in Malaysia & hiong in with swapped plate.

Further more these swapped plate vehicles will be detain upon entering ICA checkpoint from malaysia, ICA has a ERP scanner at checkpoint to scan SG registered vehicles upon arrival. 

Regarding the Landrover, didnt a grp of Landrover got compounded a few yrs ago due to not having proper docus in msia? The Landrover were G-plated as well. Now I seldom see G-platers be it commercial or Landrover in msia anymore.

How I wish entry into msia for G-plate is less strict. I personally love those double cabs like Nissan Navara alike.

There are some Land Rovers with ‘S’ plate.

I seen lots of PB and G plate goes inside JB.

At the custom, the officer just walk behind the vehicle and check if there is this sticker.

I think you can purchase this stick at any car plate maker shop.

20555608_A2.jpg

good morning, can i check what sticker to purchase at the car plate maker shop??