G plate into Malaysia: technical issues

FurionLfg

haha i certainly hope not!

reason i'm asking is one of my friends is planning to drive the company van into malaysia to retrieve some cabinets from a supplier and bring back... and i saw in this thread getting a sticker from car workshop helps??

Maybe it is the speed limit sticker but in malay language. U can see those malaysia truck have it when they in our roads
↡ Advertisement

Maybe it is the speed limit sticker but in malay language. U can see those malaysia truck have it when they in our roads

i see...... i guess end of day treating them to some coffee is the still the best method lol

This is the sticker

post-16870-0-94327800-1545233032.png

In Malaysia, beside our class 3 license, good vehicle driver also requires a Good Driving License.

Sometime hor, Singapore govt cripple Singapore SME in situation like this.  Don't know what to say.

This is the sticker

attachicon.gifindex.png

In Malaysia, beside our class 3 license, good vehicle driver also requires a Good Driving License.

Sometime hor, Singapore govt cripple Singapore SME in situation like this.  Don't know what to say.

this sticker is easily available in car workshops here?

• Praise 1

Hi guys, i contacted ICA, They say g plate vehicle carrying only passengers can drive through the bus lane. I’ve also registered my G plate under Private Category for Malaysian VEP. So i called JPJ regarding this they told me that i can drive through their normal motorcar lane and there will be no issues. Also better if you don’t bring along any goods. According the to the High Comm of msia, the g plate vehicles need to be registered only if it used for commericial purposes and they state it as only BUSES AND HEAVY GOOD VEHICLES need to be registered. In this case, i think light goods vehicle like van shouldn’t be a problem. I’m planning a trip down to KL with my van soon. Kindly share your exp driving g plate into msia. Thanks!

• Praise 5

Hi guys, i contacted ICA, They say g plate vehicle carrying only passengers can drive through the bus lane. I’ve also registered my G plate under Private Category for Malaysian VEP. So i called JPJ regarding this they told me that i can drive through their normal motorcar lane and there will be no issues. Also better if you don’t bring along any goods. According the to the High Comm of msia, the g plate vehicles need to be registered only if it used for commericial purposes and they state it as only BUSES AND HEAVY GOOD VEHICLES need to be registered. In this case, i think light goods vehicle like van shouldn’t be a problem. I’m planning a trip down to KL with my van soon. Kindly share your exp driving g plate into msia. Thanks!

Bus lane at SG side means your passengers must alight and walk through for passport control, like taking the yellow bus? I've been driving in (S plate car) recently because old people don't take too well to the long queues for passport control and for the bus. So that's something to be aware of if your passengers are kids or old folks. 

You might also be limited on where you can fill up if you're using diesel. Always good to do your research. You don't want to be stranded with a Euro van due to incompatible fuel and not every workshop might be able to deal with it because Euro vans are uncommon in Malaysia. 

If you've passengers at the back, the lack of seat belts might be a safety issue especially at high speeds and a potential conversation when being stopped by the police. 

• Praise 4

Bus lane at SG side means your passengers must alight and walk through for passport control, like taking the yellow bus? I've been driving in (S plate car) recently because old people don't take too well to the long queues for passport control and for the bus. So that's something to be aware of if your passengers are kids or old folks.

You might also be limited on where you can fill up if you're using diesel. Always good to do your research. You don't want to be stranded with a Euro van due to incompatible fuel and not every workshop might be able to deal with it because Euro vans are uncommon in Malaysia.

If you've passengers at the back, the lack of seat belts might be a safety issue especially at high speeds and a potential conversation when being stopped by the police.

Yup you are correct, my passengers are supposed to get through the bus hall immigration. Ive seen a lot of van getting through car lane in sg but when i asked ICA, they are not willing to give me a yes/no answer. Sure bro, i’ve been told regarding the diesel issue. Will take note of it. Regarding the seats, my vito is registered under GPV so i have a row of seats at the rear with seatbelts, so that would not be an issue.

I have few friends who recently drove their G-plate defenders to thailand. They asked me to take tuas link for g plate, i’m unsure why though. But i still feel woodlands would still be a better option.

• Praise 1

It would be a good experience after you have done your trip ... there have been too many grey areas to start with, I also have a G plate diesel mini Euro van (front looks like almost normal car) some people say you must register with JPJ (akin to having a Company in Malaysia) some will say you will kenna fine for bringing an empty goods vehicle (assumption that its meant for trade)   thru' Kastams there, some will say our Class2  lesen here not valid there, some will say put a sticker which will attract eyes in the other direction to makan you on some other technicality ...... so many negatives and grey areas... that's how the country runs..... Malaysia boleh in every thing... even my cousin whom lives in Penang,  kenna fine as he had a big mpv in personal name & was carrying some trade products for delivery to KL kenna fine.... just sharing until I myself blur also     

It would be nice if you can share after you have made the trip back here  ..... Bon Voyage mate       

It would be a good experience after you have done your trip ... there have been too many grey areas to start with, I also have a G plate diesel mini Euro van (front looks like almost normal car) some people say you must register with JPJ (akin to having a Company in Malaysia) some will say you will kenna fine for bringing an empty goods vehicle (assumption that its meant for trade) thru' Kastams there, some will say our Class2 lesen here not valid there, some will say put a sticker which will attract eyes in the other direction to makan you on some other technicality ...... so many negatives and grey areas... that's how the country runs..... Malaysia boleh in every thing... even my cousin whom lives in Penang, kenna fine as he had a big mpv in personal name & was carrying some trade products for delivery to KL kenna fine.... just sharing until I myself blur also

It would be nice if you can share after you have made the trip back here ..... Bon Voyage mate

Thanks bro! What van do you drive bro? Mine is a Full Glass panelled and is fully painted so it actually looks more like a normal motorcar. Btw i would like to get advise whether to drive through Tuas link or Woodlands. Those who drive land rovers told me they use Tuas Link, they told me it’s safer but i’m unsure in what sense they meant. I will be using Bus Lane, so i guess the queue moves very fast right?
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I would like to drive my ford ranger in too . Till now i still dont dare to try . Anyone can update take bus lane or normal car lane? 

• Praise 1

I would like to drive my ford ranger in too . Till now i still dont dare to try . Anyone can update take bus lane or normal car lane?

Ford ranger is registered as goods cum passenger. Just use car lane both sides, shouldn’t face any problem. Keep your trunk empty as well.
  • Praise 1

Ford ranger is registered as goods cum passenger. Just use car lane both sides, shouldn’t face any problem. Keep your trunk empty as well.

@thiq_ have you done your trip into JB yet?

I am thinking of getting a new vehicle, either a Ford ranger or a Ssangyong Actyon Sports.

if i can drive into JB for leisure, that will be a certain plus point. i am not too bother about flling diesel at JB since it is already cheap liao compare to petroleum

kindly share with me the sort of paperwork need to be presented and whether we can pass via the passenger lanes at both sides. thank you  

@thiq_ have you done your trip into JB yet?

I am thinking of getting a new vehicle, either a Ford ranger or a Ssangyong Actyon Sports.

if i can drive into JB for leisure, that will be a certain plus point. i am not too bother about flling diesel at JB since it is already cheap liao compare to petroleum

kindly share with me the sort of paperwork need to be presented and whether we can pass via the passenger lanes at both sides. thank you

Yes I have driven my van few times already to KL. Definitely this is something no one can give 100% assurance for. It’s a close one eye type of regulation here in Singapore. In malaysia most of the times they don’t bother to see the number plate, but if they pull over you maximum they demand is money. Documentation part, I applied for the VEP like all other normal private cars do in singapore in their malaysia vep website. That’s all and i have a copy my insurance and road tax with me in my van. But i know for a fact driving in pick up trucks have no issues. Just register at VEP. That’s all because pick ups are for passenger also, and can be registered under private name just like cars. So i don’t find a problem in it
  • Praise 2

Yes I have driven my van few times already to KL. Definitely this is something no one can give 100% assurance for. It’s a close one eye type of regulation here in Singapore. In malaysia most of the times they don’t bother to see the number plate, but if they pull over you maximum they demand is money. Documentation part, I applied for the VEP like all other normal private cars do in singapore in their malaysia vep website. That’s all and i have a copy my insurance and road tax with me in my van. But i know for a fact driving in pick up trucks have no issues. Just register at VEP. That’s all because pick ups are for passenger also, and can be registered under private name just like cars. So i don’t find a problem in it

thank you for providing insights.... appreciate your time and effort to reply. 

• Praise 1

Hi, my Husband got a Hiace van...is it possible to install those proper seats with seat belts behind n pass LTA checking? N drive into MY by registering the VEP...the van is registered under sole proprietorship company...thanks all for the advise..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2