Swapping tyres and Rims

Willywonka1989

Hi Bros and sis,

I've a tiny question to seek your advice.

I'm going to swap tyres and rims with another car user.

Any tips on what to look out for ?

At the tyre shop, what are some things I need the staff to look out for me or to assist before I purchase the rims and tyres from the other person?

Thanks for your help!

↡ Advertisement

No issue - only take note of the spec is OK for your car (Tyres size / pcd of the rim)

Do a wheel balancing of the replacement sets before installation.

Happy changing.

apart from size fit such as pcd/offset, check if you are willing to accept the condition of the tyres (how used they are; checking thread/hairs if it exists) and rims (any kerb rashes, damages, paintwork damage).

the only possible complication is when there is a tpms attached (especially an internal one). if its an internal tpms, removing it and swappping it to the new wheels would be a tricky one and can only be done at tyre shop.

Hi Bros and sis,

I've a tiny question to seek your advice.

I'm going to swap tyres and rims with another car user.

Any tips on what to look out for ?

At the tyre shop, what are some things I need the staff to look out for me or to assist before I purchase the rims and tyres from the other person?

Thanks for your help!

Just my POV

if is from same type of car , go for a Drive and test  it yourself.

If is from car not same, tell the Seller after transferred we go drive if not OK , switch it back (you pay for the labour charge to be fair )

if everything oK you pay him full .

check also the how old the tires are ? and ask the workshop to check condition like dented especially the inner part  before put on , others like wheel nuts fitting (correct nut or bolt sitting is important too) / center hub ring size correct or not.

buying from direct private seller is not covered by Lemon Law , anything you paid is what you see , no complain will be entertained, unlike from Business establishment you can always go back they have to entertain you (Lemon Law applied) and their Company Name also worth more than any dispute.

1 last advice, do factor in the Cost of all this labour and time and also some risk when you are considering the products

Edited by Roberttan
↡ Advertisement