Why do these "gurus" and course trainers share their secrets

archcherub

Last weekend I visited a Success Resources seminar with Robert Kiyosaki as the main speaker.
I was wondering why these rich gurus like peng joon or Sandy JadeJe will wanna teach their secrets to others.

supposedly secrets that can easily earn thousands every day or so.

I am trying to be more positive and think of good reasons. i admit i am not those super selfless generous guys.
I have my ways of trading and earning a good profit month to month, but I don't think I will openly share. i earned it the hard way and i don't dare to be responsible if someone learns and lose money.
I have my ecommerce business that my company and I are working hard, but all these are like hardearned secrets we built up.
Am I the odd one out? Or maybe coz I am not rich enough to be openly generous?

I know this forex trader, he just opened his corporate office in marina bay, a nice trading floor. i put my money with him for 3 years, earning 3% per month  and happy with it. 
so when he corporatised and planning to register with MAS for private fund, i ask him if he would be able to teach me more on forex, i don't mind paying to learn. this is a multi millionaire trader
and he told me 
"sorry pal, i won't teach anyone.."

i mean, that makes complete sense. i don't blame him for keeping his trading skills private.
i just don't get it why so many gurus teaching their skills and knowledge for barely $2000 SGD (most of the courses at Success Resources are abt $1998 SGD)
its so little. say one course has abt 100 particpates, thats $200,000
minus all the commission (credit card fees, payment for room, payment to Success Resources) maybe you get back only $120,000 or so?
isn't that very little considering the skill sets they have can net them hundreds of thousands monthly easily?

Why add competitors to their fields?

i like to think they are nice generous people who really want to help the world, but i have this feeling I am the naive guy.

just feel sad that so many people sign up, not sure how many will truly benefit from it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Many of these gurus are more accurately described as motivational speakers. Motivation does have its uses and can be beneficial for some.

But what TS was pondering about is just like how feng shui masters advertise their services. If their feng shui works then they wouldn't exactly have to make a living with their services right?

Only recently heard one news about feng shui master striking it rich [laugh]

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2017/10/09/rm20-million-jackpot-goes-to-feng-shui-master/

Edited by Sosaria

they only teach those entry level financial knowledge which many people already know by finding out for themselves or asking around. the really good stuff they keep to themselves...

Reminds me of this show...

dYtAyg4vD88hIfrR1VKDnVGhnE6.jpg

All you need to do is to get enough money to put on a show so that rich ppl are willingly throwing $$$ into your so called trading company. Is it really some trade secret? The skill to it is sweet talk rich ppl into trusting you and bullsh!t w/o blinking.

• Praise 2

These people have enough money.

They just wanna help people, earn some recognition, and pocket a little tuition fee which they can use to roll more return in.

Very up there in Maslow's Hierarchy u know.

Last weekend I visited a Success Resources seminar with Robert Kiyosaki as the main speaker.

I was wondering why these rich gurus like peng joon or Sandy JadeJe will wanna teach their secrets to others.

I am trying to be more positive and think of good reasons. i admit i am not those super selfless generous guys.

I have my ways of trading and earning a good profit month to month, but I don't think I will openly share. i earned it the hard way and i don't dare to be responsible if someone learns and lose money.

I have my ecommerce business that my company and I are working hard, but all these are like hardearned secrets we built up.

I know this forex trader, he just opened his corporate office in marina bay, a nice trading floor. i put my money with him for 3 years, earning 3% per month and happy with it.

so when he corporatised and planning to register with MAS for private fund, i ask him if he would be able to teach me more on forex, i don't mind paying to learn. this is a multi millionaire trader

and he told me

i mean, that makes complete sense. i don't blame him for keeping his trading skills private.

i just don't get it why so many gurus teaching their skills and knowledge for barely $2000 SGD (most of the courses at Success Resources are abt $1998 SGD)

minus all the commission (credit card fees, payment for room, payment to Success Resources) maybe you get back only $120,000 or so?

isn't that very little considering the skill sets they have can net them hundreds of thousands monthly easily?

i like to think they are nice generous people who really want to help the world, but i have this feeling I am the naive guy.

just feel sad that so many people sign up, not sure how many will truly benefit from it.

Huh did i read correct?

You put your money with this "forex trader" for 3% per month returns?

Corporatise? Register with MAS as private fund?

Wont teach but need to pay 3% per month to "borrow" money?

Trading can teach one ah?

Forex Got bao chiak one ah?

Sure, double up everytime like Nick Leeson, just dont go bust first.

Muayhahahahahahahahaha, nice try buddy. Nice try!

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 8

Huh did i read correct?

You put your money with this "forex trader" for 3% per month returns?

Corporatise? Register with MAS as private fund?

Wont teach but need to pay 3% per month to "borrow" money?

Trading can teach one ah?

Forex Got bao chiak one ah?

Sure, double up everytime like Nick Leeson, just dont go bust first.

Muayhahahahahahahahaha, nice try buddy. Nice try!

• Praise 2

If their secret is so effective in making money, they don't need to conduct course and charge a fee already. Common sense right?

Edited by Ingenius

Reminds me of this show...

dYtAyg4vD88hIfrR1VKDnVGhnE6.jpg

All you need to do is to get enough money to put on a show so that rich ppl are willingly throwing $$$ into your so called trading company. Is it really some trade secret? The skill to it is sweet talk rich ppl into trusting you and bullsh!t w/o blinking.

Sunshine Empire ring a bell?

Hehe heh you are spot on bro.

If their secret is so effective in making money, they don't need to conduct course and charge a fee already. Common sense right?

Not really true.

I know this forex trader, he just opened his corporate office in marina bay, a nice trading floor. i put my money with him for 3 years, earning 3% per month  and happy with it. 

and he told me 

Like what some brothers had said. teaching gives a more stable and predictable profit.

But I would like to add one more point. For everyone who sign up and learn the "skill" perhaps only 5% will  take action and persist with it until they succeed. The other 95% simply will not have the patience to practice, grind it out, learn from mistakes and eventually succeed.

You see, learning a skill and mastering a skill is a very different thing. As a trainer, if I know 95% of these people are not going to master it anyway, then why worry about the competition? The money I make from teaching easily overweighs the 5% competition that I may or may not get.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1