Getting a foreign wife

Philipkee

post-57859-0-72717300-1563408152_thumb.jpg

Today I plan to hike and meet some of the doctors for lunch. No activity but I wanna share this picture.

For context, apparently there was a GSM satellite dish nearby but whether or not you get reception depends on where you are cos there are hills around and if the hill block your signal, you don't get Internet. In my room and hospital Internet is strong but in the houses it's spotty or non existent.

Last night I went to the doctor's dorm and peeled garlic and onions with them. And they were joking and laughing.

And one of them told me

"This is what we do at night since we have no Internet connection or TV."

And I went hmm. Everyone was joking and laughing. No one was using the phone or messaging or surfing.....

Something Singaporeans can relearn.

• Praise 1

post-57859-0-11134200-1563447864_thumb.jpg

This picture reminds me of @jamesc and his MIL

James: I want meat balls

MIL: Sure?

James: Sure

And that's how this big meatball came about.

It's called bakso sapi

• Praise 4

attachicon.gif20190718_130542.jpg

This picture reminds me of @jamesc and his MIL

James: I want meat balls

MIL: Sure?

James: Sure

And that's how this big meatball came about.

It's called bakso sapi

may I ask what meat use for the ball ?  [:p]

• Praise 1

(edited)

One buffalo is walking around in the village missing one ball now.....

If James's MIL did the cooking.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

Beef. If I am not wrong, sapi means cow.

the reason I ask is because looks like chicken meat after cooked...beef is darker colour  [thumbsup]  :a-toast:

847e762d60b85df29b1b9d2a73fae608.jpg

looks professional Balls Carrier  :XD:  :a-toast:

One buffalo is walking around in the village missing one ball now.....

If James's MIL did the cooking.

ha ha ha...naughty boy  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Twincharged

I wondered how a sultan can marry a russian model and less than a year divorce with a son.

Yet the ordinary citizens look up to the Sultan for directions.

I

• Praise 4

post-57859-0-07954800-1563584670_thumb.jpg

Local church

post-57859-0-54407200-1563584689_thumb.jpg

Early morning scenery

post-57859-0-46159800-1563584742_thumb.jpg

Corn field

post-57859-0-01445400-1563584793_thumb.jpg

Hiking with locals

Very fast I am going back to Singapore soon. Today i will go visit another old friend in a nearby town. It will be a whole day trip cos unlike Singapore a trip to a nearby towns can be a two hour one way journey.

Tomorrow it's while day in church and monday morning back to Singapore.

• Praise 3

some of my 40s female friends are still in mint condition ð¤«ð¤ð¤«ð¤

Huh... you never try open package all these years ah?
  • Praise 1

post-57859-0-17156000-1563809224_thumb.jpg

OK. So I am back in Singapore. Total expenses let's say is about 3 million rupiah which covers transportation to and from airport plus everything else except the airfare.

As you can see the receipt it's quite cheap for ten over days of accommodation food and laundry.

So it's about $300 for ten days? And if I scrimp a bit maybe with a few hundred more I can live there permanently? :) @throttle2 saw your post in my investment thread. Ultimate goal is to have sufficient dividends to live in a village. Then I can quit my job/take part time job if necessary.

What have I learned from this trip?

Getting a village wife is not so straightforward. I did talk to an elder there. I am not so much as to bring the girl out of her world into my world but more of i want to go out of my world into her's - and that is not so straightforward. As mentioned above, I hope to go into her world as opposed to the other way round.

I can easily earn ten times their salary BUT it does not necessarily follow that I am ten times as happy. Money is not everything in the village, at least not for the girl that matters. I don't have a TV there. But I spend more time chatting and just doing simple activities like peeling onions. I don't think I lost anything as a result.

I debated with an elder. Heaven in the village is fiction. My visit is only a week or so. Stay longer and you will find that even in the village there are politics. I countered that I was there on 2007 & 2019. Different people but same culture. If there had been politics the culture should have changed over the decade... The elder countered that observations as Andre visitor is different from people actually working. Cos my interactions tend to be more leisurely as opposed to stressful situations. Point taken

But she acknowledged the point that culture did not change much in over a decade also show a point.

So yeah. I learned a lot in this trip. Do I still hope to get a village wife? I don't know. There are still other villages I will plan to visit but this is THE village cos I lived here before for two weeks and it's a Christian area.

And maybe just one day I will retire there or move there.

So who knows? Maybe I will never get a village wife after all - but it's not for lack of trying. Or maybe I will one day.

Keep this thread alive till then :D

Before i end, I wanna share something someone there shared with me.

'Once you drink the water from serukam (the name of the place), you will always want to go back'

There might actually be truth to that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11