Getting a foreign wife

Philipkee

21 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

So the girl has landed in Singapore and is now safe in my house.

Below is a WOT so if it's boring then hehehe

There were many times when I thought that she would never get to Singapore.  That is one very big unspoken issue when getting a foreign wife in a time of Covid. There would be border restrictions and changes to the law.  And of cos, as the man, you are responsible for the welfare of the woman under you.

When I first met her through the agent, getting her to come over was relatively straightforward. Get the air pass. Fulfill the documents and that's it. Alas, that was not to be. I am not going to write specifics in terms of date cos it would be too tedious and will not add much more information to what I will write.

May 2021 - I did my documents.

June 2021 - Documents approved. It turned out that the air pass between Vietnam and Singapore has been cancelled.  Now I just have to wait for the familial ties lane (FTL)to open up.

July 2021 - FTL open up.  I called her up, told her to resign and let's do it.  Come over to Singapore.  Then the unthinkable happened. The KTV and the JFP outbreak occured and suddenly the familial ties was in doubt because she is from Vietnam, the same country where the KTV people are from.  Then the outbreak in Vietnam suddenly became very bad.  And there was a lockdown. And Singapore also shut her borders. Now it was a very stressful time, because the lockdowns have no end date and she is now jobless at least partly because of me.  I have to take up the responsibility of giving her a living allowance until it all ends and there is no telling when it will end.  For reference, VIetnam locked down to foreigners since last year so this could theoretically last for years.

October 2021 - the lockdown ends.  She got her vaccination and someone told me to just appeal to MP to get her familial ties visas approved. So I did it.

November (early part) - I sent the appeal.  Now this is the tricky part.  Those who have done familial ties visas, you know that you need to give a specific date of entry.  Means if you put 20 Nov, the person must enter between 9 to 11 Nov because there is only a +/- 1 day allowance.  So I was worried.  Put too late a date and it would be colder and the world situation might change.  Put too early and the approval might come too late.  This is because if the approval comes just a few days before the scheduled arrival date, I would not have time to buy air tickets and arrange for a Pre departure PCR.  Need to consider the ticket availability and slots of PCR testing so I would not want a last minute booking.  Those who applied for entry under  FTL know that once date was approved, it is extremely hard to change.  I chose 8 Dec as date of entry.  She asked me to choose an earlier date so I chose 2 Dec.  THIS TURNED OUT TO BE THE BEST DECISION EVER

Mid Nov - Approval was obtained. What I thought would take at least 21 days optimistically (Because MP write to ICA - ICA approve appeal - ICA ask me to apply - ICA approve application and each transaction could take about 10 days) took just under 2 weeks to approve. So I got the tickets.  What else could go wrong?   Vietnam is not a category 2 country.  Then came the spike in cases in VIetnam. I was worried but I was thinking not oo bad. Then the cases shot up and 10+ days before the the flight, I got a frantic call from the girl.  Her hometown is going to be locked down in a few hours and she is jumping into the cab to go to HCMC cos if she did not do so, the whole trip is off.  I also panic.  She made it to HCMC and managed to get a cheap hotel.  Now I panic.  Honestly, I also panic for my wallet. Hehe.  But there is also the worry.  HCMC is the epicentre of COVID 19 so what if she got infected there? Also what if the unthinkable happened and the airport shut down?  Cos now she cannot go home cos her hometown is locked down.  Before anyone say the airport will not shut (it did not shut even in July to Oct), I also thought the same way then omicron happened and there was also the possibility that Changi airport might shut if there was an outbreak of Omicron in Singapore. So the next few days were full of anxiety. Then came the change to airport rules in Changi.  The rules would take effect from 2 Dec 2359.  My girl arrived at 2100 2 Dec.  Less than three hours difference.  Before anyone say it's just another PCR test, if one passenger on the plane got the Omicron virus, the whole plane would be quarantined and anything could happen.

Anyway, now she is here. All this is past.  The most stressful part of this whole thing is that money could not resolve the issue.  All the issues were mainly out of my control.  If money could solve the issue, it is not an issue in the first place.

Now, lots of paperwork but all this is all within my control and hence not too stressful.

My WOT.  hahahah

well done and congratulations!

so exciting, like korean vietnamese drama!

sincerely wish you two the very best!

Edited by Mooose
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Congratulations and I will only add 2 more things.

You've got to buy 4D: 0212 and 2100. $10 big $10 small for next 3 draws. These are your lucky numbers. 😁

• Haha! 3

57 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

wah with you in the house.....i would think she is unsafe now

🤣

• Haha! 19

44 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah with you in the house.....i would think she is unsafe now

🤣

Like living with the Kraken anyone will be very scared.... 

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

There were many times when I thought that she would never get to Singapore.  That is one very big unspoken issue when getting a foreign wife in a time of Covid. There would be border restrictions and changes to the law.  And of cos, as the man, you are responsible for the welfare of the woman under you.

When I first met her through the agent, getting her to come over was relatively straightforward. Get the air pass. Fulfill the documents and that's it. Alas, that was not to be. I am not going to write specifics in terms of date cos it would be too tedious and will not add much more information to what I will write.

June 2021 - Documents approved. It turned out that the air pass between Vietnam and Singapore has been cancelled.  Now I just have to wait for the familial ties lane (FTL)to open up.

July 2021 - FTL open up.  I called her up, told her to resign and let's do it.  Come over to Singapore.  Then the unthinkable happened. The KTV and the JFP outbreak occured and suddenly the familial ties was in doubt because she is from Vietnam, the same country where the KTV people are from.  Then the outbreak in Vietnam suddenly became very bad.  And there was a lockdown. And Singapore also shut her borders. Now it was a very stressful time, because the lockdowns have no end date and she is now jobless at least partly because of me.  I have to take up the responsibility of giving her a living allowance until it all ends and there is no telling when it will end.  For reference, VIetnam locked down to foreigners since last year so this could theoretically last for years.

October 2021 - the lockdown ends.  She got her vaccination and someone told me to just appeal to MP to get her familial ties visas approved. So I did it.

November (early part) - I sent the appeal.  Now this is the tricky part.  Those who have done familial ties visas, you know that you need to give a specific date of entry.  Means if you put 20 Nov, the person must enter between 9 to 11 Nov because there is only a +/- 1 day allowance.  So I was worried.  Put too late a date and it would be colder and the world situation might change.  Put too early and the approval might come too late.  This is because if the approval comes just a few days before the scheduled arrival date, I would not have time to buy air tickets and arrange for a Pre departure PCR.  Need to consider the ticket availability and slots of PCR testing so I would not want a last minute booking.  Those who applied for entry under  FTL know that once date was approved, it is extremely hard to change.  I chose 8 Dec as date of entry.  She asked me to choose an earlier date so I chose 2 Dec.  THIS TURNED OUT TO BE THE BEST DECISION EVER

Mid Nov - Approval was obtained. What I thought would take at least 21 days optimistically (Because MP write to ICA - ICA approve appeal - ICA ask me to apply - ICA approve application and each transaction could take about 10 days) took just under 2 weeks to approve. So I got the tickets.  What else could go wrong?   Vietnam is not a category 2 country.  Then came the spike in cases in VIetnam. I was worried but I was thinking not oo bad. Then the cases shot up and 10+ days before the the flight, I got a frantic call from the girl.  Her hometown is going to be locked down in a few hours and she is jumping into the cab to go to HCMC cos if she did not do so, the whole trip is off.  I also panic.  She made it to HCMC and managed to get a cheap hotel.  Now I panic.  Honestly, I also panic for my wallet. Hehe.  But there is also the worry.  HCMC is the epicentre of COVID 19 so what if she got infected there? Also what if the unthinkable happened and the airport shut down?  Cos now she cannot go home cos her hometown is locked down.  Before anyone say the airport will not shut (it did not shut even in July to Oct), I also thought the same way then omicron happened and there was also the possibility that Changi airport might shut if there was an outbreak of Omicron in Singapore. So the next few days were full of anxiety. Then came the change to airport rules in Changi.  The rules would take effect from 2 Dec 2359.  My girl arrived at 2100 2 Dec.  Less than three hours difference.  Before anyone say it's just another PCR test, if one passenger on the plane got the Omicron virus, the whole plane would be quarantined and anything could happen.

Anyway, now she is here. All this is past.  The most stressful part of this whole thing is that money could not resolve the issue.  All the issues were mainly out of my control.  If money could solve the issue, it is not an issue in the first place.

Now, lots of paperwork but all this is all within my control and hence not too stressful.

My WOT.  hahahah

Quoted.   "If money could solve the issue, it is not an issue in the first place."

👍

Any language barrier? Bring her around town. Orchard/santosa.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Quoted.   "If money could solve the issue, it is not an issue in the first place."

👍

Any language barrier? Bring her around town. Orchard/santosa.

Once the SHN ends.

Wah so fast WOT wide open throttle already.

:D

Wait so long must clear carbon.

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

My WOT.  hahahah

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Any language barrier? 

Yes there is.  We are using Google translate to communicate sometimes.  But I think it's not a major problem.  We are talking in English.  Not klingon.   I am sure she can catch up.  If cannot I start a new thread......  :D

• Haha! 8

6 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Yes there is.  We are using Google translate to communicate sometimes.  But I think it's not a major problem.  We are talking in English.  Not klingon.   I am sure she can catch up.  If cannot I start a new thread......  :D

Next step. quickly faster do your " national service " , we need more local babies [laugh]

• Haha! 5

Good job and Congratulation!

But first hor, guess you may want to correct the stereotyping...

you sure can do more patterns than this one alone,

enjoy.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Philipkee said:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Ahwhye said:

Good job and Congratulation!

But first hor, guess you may want to correct the stereotyping...

you sure can do more patterns than this one alone,

enjoy.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

with his size, "woman under him" sure jialat one, some more vietnamese all suay suay jiak one not big size 🤣

• Haha! 7

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

with his size, "woman under him" sure jialat one, some more vietnamese all suay suay jiak one not big size 🤣

Ahem, ahem, his size you also know 😲😂

• Haha! 6

2 hours ago, RH1667 said:

Ahem, ahem, his size you also know 😲😂

met him before ma at mcf event, he showed me his reverse camera (on the hyundai hor not anything else)

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

19 hours ago, Philipkee said:

My WOT.  hahahah

Congratulations!

↡ Advertisement