Getting a foreign wife

Philipkee

so whose fault ? guy or gal ?

does not matter which country ... important is in the upbringing.

but most of the time you will only find out after its too late.

Exactly.

Anyway, marriage nowadays is such an outdated concept. I bet another 20 years nobody want to get married, not to talk about having children. Till the men understand the wives are not to replace their mommies *I need to run fast after this comment* hahaha

Life has so many open secrets but nobody want to talk about. Marriage is such a thing. Marriage by right is for the 1-2% people who can afford the whole thing that comes with it, i.e. commitments. Till people stop making marriage a commodity. 

• Praise 3

Agree.

Dear TS,

Dating for a longer time helps a bit in the "risk assessment". [:p]

If not it would be a matter of heng suay. [:|]

Greed (i.e. gambling) and sloth are slow killers if not discovered.

• Praise 3

Nope. Hainanese chicken rice did not originate from Hainan Island.

In fact, you will not find Hainanese chicken rice on Hainan island.

Not meh? I tot the chix rice is originated from hainan island and we made changes to it along the way?

My mum always cook chix rice balls (we called it 饭珍 in hainanese) for praying when I was young.

If I am not wrong, you are a hainanese too right?

• Praise 4

Malay is also heavily influenced by Chinese. Teh, kopi, mee, bihun, cawan, kongsi, kuih, longkang, taugeh, tauhu, orang tua, the list goes on.

Roti is sanskrit-origin.

Orang tua is chinese influence meh? hmmm.... Olang..... Black man? [laugh]

Twincharged

the wenchang chicken is free range chicken but looks seriously undernourished ... but the locals there love chucking on bones ! (that's why I had almost the whole bowl of pork belly from Crystal Jade when I had lunch with them here).

and its damn yellowish ... machiam jaundice !

one of my considerations ... since I am not hot property, I can still slowly decide what I wanted, so in the end, plucked up my courage and approached a small hainanese matchmaking company and then settled down and had my hainanese (dialect) son.

and so far, never encountered any of the negative behaviors that made PRC look bad ... even when I went Hainan. my wife's family is pretty average, living in the town ... some times I feel bad for not being able to give her the luxuries in life also.

BTW, I still have my own relatives there also.

good on you for keeping the tradition, hard to do it here since chances is slim in multi-racial and dialect society. 

ok i was desperately to get married that time   [laugh]  [laugh]

You @silangkia already, still want to be å, how can?

You hainanese also?

Faith lah bro...

A bit of luck also. Some get many chance to chose...some get few, some never got chance.

I totally agreed on upbringing. My parents love fight fight love back...No give up type. I grew up knowing dont let marriage failed.

But, to find a wife from foreign land or village. This I find quite hard to comprehend. How to live a life with someone we barely know...unless purely for companion or for 2 meat balls & a smooth valley...

No right or wrong...each just has to decide whats best...

Got hair nobody want to be botak de.

Anyone ever thought of getting a foreign wife? Or what you will say as a villager wife? What are you the thoughts and what hold you back from going for it?

Anyone with the experience? Any thoughts or experience to share?

BTW I am not focussing on those who marry foreign friends or colleagues but those who go for matchmaking agencies. Heard they are popular....

Haha. Don't think there is a thread on this yet.

Think you've read your fair share of warnings from the bros here, so I'll just share my observations and opinions based on two good friends' experiences.

Friend 1: Married a girl from China and had a kid. Life has not been easy financially as wife tends to go back regularly to her hometown to be with family. So lots of money spent on travelling back and forth, as well as frequent fund transfers to support girl's family. There was once when my friend was struggling with his job, wife simply took baby back to China for a few months until he showed that he could afford their living in Singapore. 

Friend 2: Had a girlfriend from China. Same thing, girl would only come over for short visits and could never get used to this place. Friend had to keep flying over to see her which was also taxing financially and distracting for his job. Even worse, there was once the girl ran away and left him stranded alone in China when he asked her to come back here together. Lucky he woke up eventually and left her.

As you can see, it is potentially a very long, rocky road ahead if you decide to go down this path. My advice would be to save yourself the headache and find a good local girl if possible. If not, you're probably better off staying single.  

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Faith lah bro...

A bit of luck also. Some get many chance to chose...some get few, some never got chance.

I totally agreed on upbringing. My parents love fight fight love back...No give up type. I grew up knowing dont let marriage failed.

But, to find a wife from foreign land or village. This I find quite hard to comprehend. How to live a life with someone we barely know...unless purely for companion or for 2 meat balls & a smooth valley...

No right or wrong...each just has to decide whats best...

Got hair nobody want to be botak de.

my friend was telling me that I would need someone to help take care of me when I claim CPF ... my parents wont be around forever also ...

i am an introvert so i really don't think i can do the wooing part, that's why i went to a matchmaker instead.

go there, register, tell them what qualities looking for, age group, etc .. then let them do the footwork.

but my agency was abit SOHO type ... no computer matching or high tech stuffs ... the towkay-nio just flip through her photo album and then see the notes behind and then like pulling a rabbit out of a hat, just intro !!

i met up with 3 ladies before the meeting my wife.

best part of our "relationship" was - we spent two years chatting online after the intro !!

Twincharged

Think you've read your fair share of warnings from the bros here, so I'll just share my observations and opinions based on two good friends' experiences.

As you can see, it is potentially a very long, rocky road ahead if you decide to go down this path. My advice would be to save yourself the headache and find a good local girl if possible. If not, you're probably better off staying single.  

this may sound rude, but maybe your friends used their small heads to think instead of their big heads. btw, how long have your friends been married ?

btw, the agency I went to only did matchmaking from their own hometown, which in in Hainan. They did not rec mainlanders as they said the mainlanders were not very reliable.

I had also considered Vietnamese matchmaker but gave up after taking communication into consideration. but no doubt those pictures on the websites look superb !!

my wife has many relatives here also so I think that is one thing that will help keep her in check also.

Edited by Ysc3

I lucky...wife was school flower in our time...1 of the reason why I was attracted & distracted.. :wub:

I lucky also is my MIL say one, many time some more in our younger years...

After 3 decades, MIL no mention le [confused] ...I will ask her this wkend when I see her... [bounce2]

All of us are make up of good & no good memories, everyone can have beautiful life if you think good thoughts, do good things and also carry a 'big heart'.  

Then you turn around and look at your own wife, a true beauty with a golden heart and supportive in-laws. Wow, life is beautiful. [laugh] [laugh]

Friend 1: Married a girl from China and had a kid. Life has not been easy financially as wife tends to go back regularly to her hometown to be with family. So lots of money spent on travelling back and forth, as well as frequent fund transfers to support girl's family. There was once when my friend was struggling with his job, wife simply took baby back to China for a few months until he showed that he could afford their living in Singapore. 

Friend 2: Had a girlfriend from China. Same thing, girl would only come over for short visits and could never get used to this place. Friend had to keep flying over to see her which was also taxing financially and distracting for his job. Even worse, there was once the girl ran away and left him stranded alone in China when he asked her to come back here together. Lucky he woke up eventually and left her.

anything related to China PRC.....the rest of story sure  [knife]

• Praise 8

this may sound rude, but maybe your friends used their small heads to think instead of their big heads. btw, how long have your friends been married ?

btw, the agency I went to only did matchmaking from their own hometown, which in in Hainan. They did not rec mainlanders as they said the mainlanders were not very reliable.

I had also considered Vietnamese matchmaker but gave up after taking communication into consideration. but no doubt those pictures on the websites look superb !!

my wife has many relatives here also so I think that is one thing that will help keep her in check also.

Yes I believe they listened more to their small heads than big heads. The one who's married got hitched in 2010. 

After seeing what my friends went through, I really feel for them. There was even a period when my married friend came to me a few times to borrow money just to buy air tickets to China. And he was living a comfortable lifestyle before that. 

Anyway these are just my friends' experiences. I'm sure there are some success stories as well.  

↡ Advertisement