Another term for China's President.

DACH

Turbocharged
On 3/24/2023 at 1:17 AM, mersaylee said:

He's considered good given the 5 hours of hammering he had to take from the grilling congression men and women...i guess as a Harvard grad...oredi used to their culture...some even couldn't get the company name right...tiktak? 😂

They couldn't get his name right? He was Mr Shou Chew for the hearing and in US news articles [laugh]

Actually for most of the politician involved in the hearing, they are not tech savvy so how would they decide or know that what tiktok is proposing is good enough for data privacy?

So it is just a massive waste of time. In US, all these hearings are wayang show to exhibit individual stands and score political points. No practical purpose.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 3/25/2023 at 7:31 AM, mersaylee said:

@Sosaria same same but different or vice versa? 😁

jt4200918.jpg

You beat me to it.🤣

Today's front page gave me the exact same thought. And it tried to paint it as a poor Singaporean son treated unfairly 😆

In the US, its really 2 way traffic.  That's the strength of their system. Tiktok can hit back as hard as it took in return. 

In Singapore.... try lor. 🙄...... so who exactly are we laughing at?🤐

• Haha! 3

On 3/25/2023 at 3:17 AM, Sosaria said:

They couldn't get his name right? He was Mr Shou Chew for the hearing and in US news articles [laugh]

Actually for most of the politician involved in the hearing, they are not tech savvy so how would they decide or know that what tiktok is proposing is good enough for data privacy?

So it is just a massive waste of time. In US, all these hearings are wayang show to exhibit individual stands and score political points. No practical purpose.

What's the name in those UtheAss new testicles? So Ju? 😂

soju-bottle.jpg

On 3/25/2023 at 1:40 AM, Playtime said:

This is a dumb article to imply if US ban tik tok its wrong, considering that China all the while bans other countries apps but insist that its own apps must have one sided access to other countries users. Better still, when ordinary prc in China cannot access tik tok either. 

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

Going as far as quoting Chinese officials that they will not access data... the same people who also say hong kong signed declaration is just a piece of paper. The same party that will disappear anyone that doesn't obey. And byte dance WILL obey, only the hilariously gullible journalist will doubt that.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/us-ban-tiktok-china-relations-bilateral-ties-analysis-3371691

The only word it got correct... probably accidentally... is big picture "decoupling"  and it's been a long time coming. 

What happened to russia is a mirror of decoupling.  Why it happened should be clear, the collective west and  major eastern countries got sick of it and decided enough is enough,  walk away.

But While Japanese PM paid respects to Bucha victims... Xi was paying tribute to the Bucha war criminal. That surely went down well 🙄 for leaders deciding what to do with China. 

冰结三尺非一夜之寒。。。tiktok is just the peanuts in this Chinese wolf warrior prepared dinner. When people kpkb about the peanuts at the end of dinner... just maybe, it ain't the peanuts that's the problem. 

A new cold war could be brewing, and it could be worse than the last one. And imo, any team that includes Russia, Iran and north Korea, probably the wrong team to be in.

China, Russia, Iran...  The axis of evil? This sounds like the theological argument an old friend was making. 

After reading how the US pushed for the Ukrainian war (from multiple sources, US and UK killed the neutrality deal in Mar 22) and how the One China policy is dead (Taiwan may be next Ukraine), I can now better appreciate the merits of some of these arguments.  😓

On 3/25/2023 at 7:31 AM, mersaylee said:

@Sosaria same same but different or vice versa? 😁

jt4200918.jpg

This one easy lor, the answer to their questions is either yes and no. And if you answer wrongly, they will give chance for you to answer again with prompts or hints for  the correct answer.

• Haha! 2

On 3/27/2023 at 1:12 PM, Voodooman said:

China, Russia, Iran...  The axis of evil? This sounds like the theological argument an old friend was making. 

After reading how the US pushed for the Ukrainian war (from multiple sources, US and UK killed the neutrality deal in Mar 22) and how the One China policy is dead (Taiwan may be next Ukraine), I can now better appreciate the merits of some of these arguments.  😓

Ukraine will never be neutral after being invaded.

Who provides security guarantee if Ukraine remains neutral?

Russia supposed to provide security guarantee to Ukraine also invade it.

After Putin visited Beijing, Ukraine was invaded.

After Xi visited Moscow, Putin issued nuclear threat.

Ukraine demands emergency UN meeting over Putin nuclear plan

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-belarus-tactical-nuclear-weapons-3aed32661ae3c218c59117d1ce593777

On 3/27/2023 at 1:33 PM, inlinesix said:

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-belarus-tactical-nuclear-weapons-3aed32661ae3c218c59117d1ce593777

So the alternative is to be a pawn in this great power game? 

On 3/27/2023 at 1:50 PM, Voodooman said:

So the alternative is to be a pawn in this great power game? 

All small countries are a pawn in this great power game. 

It is how to position the country to gain maximum benefit.

My MIL says that Tik Talks CEO gets US$1 million a month

and she don't mind kenna scolded by US and they can even throw rotten eggs at her for US$1 million.

She says she will just take a shower and she says she know how the home wifi works!

No need to ask her technical people (me!)

:D

My kids says they love USA.

Unfortunately for me its not Macs and KFC

but Shake shack and 5 guys and they make a big hole in my wallet!

Someone said China spies on us when go for HDLY?

Every where also want to check from head to toe?

And everywhere in between?

Like this no privacy leh!

Edited by Jamesc

Supersonic
On 3/27/2023 at 1:33 PM, inlinesix said:

putin kick xi's backside on his way out. [laugh]

Xi never help my fren Pudding.

Xi talk only BFF but never send bombs to Russia.

No wonder Russia losing.

Pudding says with frens like Xi who needs enemies.

Xi likes to say Pudding is he friend with no limits.

Limited to buying cheap oil from Russia but never send bombs.

Pudding says its a one sided frenship. Very limited.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement