11/11 and Black Friday Sales 2017

Lala81

Created a new thread to support good deals sharing.

Cos nowadays too many platforms (qoo10, lazada, TB, amazon). Don't want a fragmented sharing session.

Of course got any specific question, please go back to individual TB/qoo10 threads etc.

Everyone share share haha   [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

nothing exciting in Amazon for me, except for the shoes that i usually buy, will stock up 2 pairs if the Black Friday sales price is good. 

I looking at the Amazon Alexa plus new model, usually only during sales have good price. Now becomimg lazier thanks to it. Alexa, set alarm tomorrow 6am, and remind me to attend meeting at 10am.

• Praise 2

nothing exciting in Amazon for me, except for the shoes that i usually buy, will stock up 2 pairs if the Black Friday sales price is good. 

Rechargeable batteries? [laugh]

• Praise 1

I looking at the Amazon Alexa plus new model, usually only during sales have good price. Now becomimg lazier thanks to it. Alexa, set alarm tomorrow 6am, and remind me to attend meeting at 10am.

can use in singapore? any restriction?

was looking at Alexa and also Google, but worry that Amazon one may have limitation in this region.

Edited by Jman888

i didn't realise got people use it in SG. What else do u do with it. Functionality seems limited here in asia.

i just use handphone alarms

can use in singapore? any restriction?

was looking at Alexa and also Google, but worry that Amazon one may have limitation in this region.

For most simple personal management task have, works like a charm. And don't need to raise voice as it is sensitive to pick up and differentiate from normal conversation. But here dot have feature to support booking of uber yet. I use it to play songs and tune to radio. Also check traffic and weather prediction. I mostly use it to ask maths question when teaching kids. If have Philips hue can control lighting with voice.

The whole idea is it can do what one can do with a computer but with voice , especially Google search for answers.

i didn't realise got people use it in SG. What else do u do with it. Functionality seems limited here in asia.

i just use handphone alarms

You can have one in each room and it can talk to you anywhere. Like in kitchen you can ask for the recipe for sam zham bah and it will read out to you from Google search. Lol.

I like that I can play any song by the title or the top song of the week, just by voice. Chinese song also can.

Once I experimented connecting my phone to it and managed to send out a WhatsApp message just by voice. But troublesome to connect.

During the last Amazon sale, the echo was going for half price. So I bought as I had to replace my spoilt alarm clock anyway.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

One important question: can Alexa recognize our local English accent (not expecting Singlish) ?

Last thing I want is to have to speak Queen's English just to get it to work..... :D

For most simple personal management task have, works like a charm. And don't need to raise voice as it is sensitive to pick up and differentiate from normal conversation. But here dot have feature to support booking of uber yet. I use it to play songs and tune to radio. Also check traffic and weather prediction. I mostly use it to ask maths question when teaching kids. If have Philips hue can control lighting with voice.
The whole idea is it can do what one can do with a computer but with voice , especially Google search for answers.
You can have one in each room and it can talk to you anywhere. Like in kitchen you can ask for the recipe for sam zham bah and it will read out to you from Google search. Lol.
I like that I can play any song by the title or the top song of the week, just by voice. Chinese song also can.

Once I experimented connecting my phone to it and managed to send out a WhatsApp message just by voice. But troublesome to connect.
During the last Amazon sale, the echo was going for half price. So I bought as I had to replace my spoilt alarm clock anyway.

One important question: can Alexa recognize our local English accent (not expecting Singlish) ?

Last thing I want is to have to speak Queen's English just to get it to work..... :D

Yes, confirm can recognize our local accent.  Mine is singlish heavy accent also can pick up all the time, as the mic is really sensitive.  Just make sure your Mrs is not named Alexa and you can tell it to do anything, disclaimer stated.  Lol.

Yes, confirm can recognize our local accent. Mine is singlish heavy accent also can pick up all the time, as the mic is really sensitive. Just make sure your Mrs is not named Alexa and you can tell it to do anything, disclaimer stated. Lol.

OK I will go for Google home, no women will call themselves Google [laugh]

try Hong Kong.....they have some pretty strange english names.....Jelly Li, Snow Chen, Margarita Hong.... :D

haha ingenius speaks like a true local. no need worry.

speaking of local english. That day i was quite irritated by this Filipino lady that didn't seem to understand what i was saying despite repeating myself several times. Then i realised i was pronouncing "v" as "w" as most locals do. Haha actually it's my own English that's not phonetically correct.

Indeed true self pawn  [:p]

That's true.  [laugh] Actually can change the name from Alexa to Echo to Lady Gaga also can.

Twincharged

Registered for the circle life free trial so that I got new number to sign up for any promo for new customers only for 1111 and black friday. Lol.

Ok.... I change to my wife's name..... Hope she do what i say ALL the time...  :yuush::D

That's true.  [laugh] Actually can change the name from Alexa to Echo to Lady Gaga also can.

• Praise 1

Also include shopee deals here. Got my handphone arm band for less than $2.50, and china brand hydration vest for about $20 each. I bough 3 different design for $60. One ang mo brand easily more than $150 for one.

↡ Advertisement