E-scooter hits 6-yr-old boy at Woodlands

immortan_joe

SINGAPORE - An electric scooter rider, 17, has been arrested for a negligent act causing hurt after he rode into a six-year-old boy.
The collision occurred near Block 889A Woodlands Drive 50. The police received a report of the incident on Tuesday (Oct 24) at 9.22pm.

The boy was hurt in the collision and was taken to KK Women's and Children's Hospital.

After follow-up investigations and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from the Jurong Police Division identified the suspect and arrested him the next day.

An electric scooter was seized as a case exhibit.

Investigations are ongoing.

The teenager faces a jail term of up to three months and/or a fine of up to $1,500.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/17-year-old-who-rode-e-scooter-into-boy-in-woodlands-arrested

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

The teenager faces a jail term of up to three months and/or a fine of up to $1,500.

Should be liddis ... deterrent.  [thumbsup] 

and make it public knowledge.

too many cases already. how many more before authorities do something, or still waiting for more statistics. 

• Praise 7

Should be liddis ... deterrent.  [thumbsup] 

too many cases already. how many more before authorities do something, or still waiting for more statistics. 

At least something... Better than nothing.

But it's just a drop in the ocean. 90 accidents and injuries reported. 4 deaths. Prob some unreported, and many more close shaves/scares. And only a few arrests...

They need to step up.

There were about 90 accidents in the first half of this year that involved e-bikes and personal mobility devices such as e-scooters, Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan said in Parliament on Oct 2 .

The accidents, which took place mostly on the roads, resulted in four deaths and about 90 injuries.

• Praise 3

@lala81, this is the exact situation I was afraid of when the escooter teenage rode towards me and my son along the shop house corridor. 

Doesn't matter the perceived speed. I always assume the other driver, motorcyclist, cyclist, escooterist is an idiot unless proven otherwise. 

SINGAPORE - An electric scooter rider, 17, has been arrested for a negligent act causing hurt after he rode into a six-year-old boy.
The collision occurred near Block 889A Woodlands Drive 50. The police received a report of the incident on Tuesday (Oct 24) at 9.22pm.

The boy was hurt in the collision and was taken to KK Women's and Children's Hospital.

After follow-up investigations and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from the Jurong Police Division identified the suspect and arrested him the next day.

An electric scooter was seized as a case exhibit.

Investigations are ongoing.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/17-year-old-who-rode-e-scooter-into-boy-in-woodlands-arrested

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 3

@lala81, this is the exact situation I was afraid of when the escooter teenage rode towards me and my son along the shop house corridor.

Doesn't matter the perceived speed. I always assume the other driver, motorcyclist, cyclist, escooterist is an idiot unless proven otherwise.

This evening a auntie on a PMD rode towards me along pedestrian walkway. I swerve to give way to her but she turned and came charging towards me then I buay hu siam and stopped. She glared at me muttered something. I growled at her and she scooted off.

Should be liddis ... deterrent. [thumbsup]

Seriously please rid escooters...its making people fatter
  • Praise 6

as mentioned in the other thread on the 3 racing escooters, LTA needs to take some serious action as a deterrent to others. like it or not, PMDs are here to stay...

that area got a lot of mango tree in the vicinity......durian tree so far i have not seen yet....ððð

maybe she saw you so handsome she purposely want to kaykay and touch you......and you showed her your fangs while growling....of course she chabot! If you show your tongue....u think she run away mei?

bro... mango tree more ants haha.

many uncles and aunties on PMDs think they have the right of way and just barge around without mercy...

• Praise 1

This evening a auntie on a PMD rode towards me along pedestrian walkway. I swerve to give way to her but she turned and came charging towards me then I buay hu siam and stopped. She glared at me muttered something. I growled at her and she scooted off.

Halloween? With your nick?

as mentioned in the other thread on the 3 racing escooters, LTA needs to take some serious action as a deterrent to others. like it or not, PMDs are here to stay...

bro... mango tree more ants haha.

many uncles and aunties on PMDs think they have the right of way and just barge around without mercy...

there is a line of mango tree at fragrance wood across the road......that time when it was fruiting got prc came down and pluck many many! My daughter ask can take mei? I say can but if caught its $50 fine.....better buy at market....

And ya....fruting tree usually have those big red ants nests.....kana bit before during my kampong days....painful sia!

Edited by Eviilusion

there is a line of mango tree at fragrance wood across the road......that time when it was fruiting got prc came down and pluck many many! My daughter ask can take mei? I say can but if caught its $50 fine.....better buy at market....

And ya....fruting tree usually have those big red ants nests.....kana bit before during my kampong days....painful sia!

thats why @mustank curse is mango tree ahahaha... pain sia.
  • Praise 1

thats why @mustank curse is mango tree ahahaha... pain sia.

imagine the escooter boy kana hang from a mango tree and the ants having a sumptious meal.....the prc see also scared....
  • Praise 1

Seriously please rid escooters...its making people fatter

Suddenly escooters/pmd and the national movement against diabetes and encouraging people to walk 10k steps a day do not correlate. Kbw maybe having dilemma. Once a health minister but now transport...lan lan bobian solve public transport issues more important. Edited by Andyngps

according to Josephine teo, PMD is an important aspect of their strategy for the last mile of public transport, so i guess no intention to get rid of them from the powers that be.  

• Praise 2

PMDs are here to stay. So by all means, make an example of this silly teen. 

I'm glad someone got caught.

@vratenza

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3