Singapore Reckless Driver Part V

RadX

SMRT reputation already dragged through mud from MRT failures.

Now the taxi fleet got this type of black sheep, and if the company itself condone it and not carry out a full investigation, then it is really asking for it.

First, he drove dangerously to cause an accident. Total disregard for safety of himself, his passenger, and the other cars' occupants/drivers.

Next, he resorted to cheating and extortion. All car owners have to pay for fraudulent claims like this.

If the article is to truth, then this taxi driver deserves to go in and squat.

KNN ....this SMRT taxi driver

Times are so bad that you have to resort to cheating?

========================

http://www.theindependent.sg/taxi-driver-allegedly-tries-to-extort-over-2100-in-insurance-claims-for-accident-that-never-happened/

Taxi driver allegedly tries to extort over $2100 in insurance claims for accident that never happened

A disgruntled Singaporean, Ros Chia, has taken to the internet to call out an SMRT Taxi driver for allegedly trying to extort over $2100 in insurance claims over an accident in which his taxi was not damaged at all.

Chia claims that she was in her car with her husband as he was driving along the expressway behind the taxi driver’s vehicle. Suddenly, the taxi stopped abruptly. However, Chia’s husband managed to brake and stop their car before it hit the taxi.

The driver of the car behind Chia was not so fast and bumped into Chia’s car – all throughout this, Chia claims, the taxi was untouched.

When Chia’s husband and the driver of the car behind him, Mr Ang, alighted their vehicles to discuss how to resolve the accident, the taxi driver also alighted and tried to join in the conversation.

Chia claims that her husband, Mr Ang and herself were shocked when the taxi driver suddenly claimed that his car was also hit in the crash:

However, that’s not the end of the bizarre claim. The Chias and Mr Ang reportedly made police reports to safeguard themselves, in case the taxi driver really tried to file an insurance claim.

“On 6 July 2017 around 9pm, my husband (Mr Chia) and me were in our car along CTE heading home. We were on the expressway behind vehicle SHB 1209D when the taxi driver suddenly jammed braked. My husband, who was driving the car, thankfully managed to brake in time. However, the car behind us unfortunately didn’t manage to stop in time and it hit us. Thankfully, no one was injured and there was only some minor scratches on our car, as the impact was rather small.

“My husband (Mr Chia) and the driver behind us (Mr Ang), got out of the car and started discussing on resolving the accident they had. The taxi driver got out of his taxi, approached them and told them “I am very familiar with such cases. Let’s claim on our own.”  “Feeling puzzled, we initially thought the taxi driver was trying to be helpful in dishing out advice.

After all, this was none of his concern since his car was not hit at all. My husband then told the tax driver that they (he and Mr Ang) will settle among themselves. But the taxi driver continued interfering in their conversation and when my husband told him not to interfere as this was none of his business, he got angry. “While trying to calm the taxi driver down, Mr Ang also told the taxi driver that he (Mr Ang) will settle with my husband himself. Interestingly, all throughout this time, instead of checking if there are any damages on his taxi, the taxi driver was more interested in their conversation. After some time, he finally revealed the real reason why he was trying to butt into a conversation that had nothing to do with him. 

“He actually claimed that we hit his car and wanted to claim insurance against us!  “All of us were very shocked at his accusation and Mr Ang immediately defended us. The taxi driver even had the cheek to claim that his passenger in his car felt the impact too and his passenger can be his witness. When my husband and Mr Ang tried to walk over to the taxi to check with the passenger, the taxi driver stopped them and said “you are not allowed to speak to my witness”. 

“Truth is, I was seated in the front passenger seat; and when my husband stepped on the brake, I was looking ahead all the time. I swear we did not even touch the taxi one bit. “When I spoke up, the taxi driver told me I am related to my husband, so I cannot be a witness. At this point, after witnessing how this taxi driver was trying to be a bully; Mr Ang, who is a complete stranger to us, spoke up for us and said he will be our witness if the taxi driver claimed against us.

“When we tried to leave the scene after exchanging contact with Mr Ang, the taxi driver tried to stop us and demanded that we have to give him our details before we can leave. Since we did not have any accident with him, we refused to give in. He threatened to call the police and we said: “Go ahead. In fact, we are planning to make a police report as well.” In the end, he had no choice but to let us go.”

Although the incident occurred in July, the Chias received an insurance claim last Friday, on 20 Oct – 3 months after the alleged accident, claiming losses of $2114 due to Mr Chia’s “negligent driving”:

Insurance-claim.jpeg

Chia wrote:

Chia also posted more photos and asked some pertinent questions on her blog, before appealing to SMRT and the police to look into the matter:“Cost of repair $1,450? For an accident that never even happened??? For your reference, the repair cost for our car’s bummer that was hit by Mr Ang’s car from behind was only $250. And that is for an accident that is obvious from the pics above.  “This taxi driver has obviously filed a fake insurance claim! Mr Ang happened to have a passenger in his car as well, and both of them have kindly offered to be witnesses.”

“It is because of rogue drivers like him that car insurance premiums escalate and the reputation and image of SMRT taxi drivers is tarnished. His behavior is not only rude but he behaves like a gangster.  “Dear SMRT and police officer, I strongly appeal to you to please look into this matter seriously and make a thorough investigation; so as not to allow errant taxi drivers as such to get away from trying to make a profit out of the insurance companies and implicate innocent victims. Excusing this kind of behavior is a threat to public interest and security. If he can simply get away with this, what is stopping him from repeating it again to another innocent driver?”

• Praise 4

This day and age, even with don't have front rear dual channel car cam also should have at least a front facing car cam.....

========================

http://www.theindependent.sg/taxi-driver-allegedly-tries-to-extort-over-2100-in-insurance-claims-for-accident-that-never-happened/

Taxi driver allegedly tries to extort over $2100 in insurance claims for accident that never happened

A disgruntled Singaporean, Ros Chia, has taken to the internet to call out an SMRT Taxi driver for allegedly trying to extort over $2100 in insurance claims over an accident in which his taxi was not damaged at all.

Chia claims that she was in her car with her husband as he was driving along the expressway behind the taxi driver’s vehicle. Suddenly, the taxi stopped abruptly. However, Chia’s husband managed to brake and stop their car before it hit the taxi.

The driver of the car behind Chia was not so fast and bumped into Chia’s car – all throughout this, Chia claims, the taxi was untouched.

When Chia’s husband and the driver of the car behind him, Mr Ang, alighted their vehicles to discuss how to resolve the accident, the taxi driver also alighted and tried to join in the conversation.

Chia claims that her husband, Mr Ang and herself were shocked when the taxi driver suddenly claimed that his car was also hit in the crash:

However, that’s not the end of the bizarre claim. The Chias and Mr Ang reportedly made police reports to safeguard themselves, in case the taxi driver really tried to file an insurance claim.

“On 6 July 2017 around 9pm, my husband (Mr Chia) and me were in our car along CTE heading home. We were on the expressway behind vehicle SHB 1209D when the taxi driver suddenly jammed braked. My husband, who was driving the car, thankfully managed to brake in time. However, the car behind us unfortunately didn’t manage to stop in time and it hit us. Thankfully, no one was injured and there was only some minor scratches on our car, as the impact was rather small.

“My husband (Mr Chia) and the driver behind us (Mr Ang), got out of the car and started discussing on resolving the accident they had. The taxi driver got out of his taxi, approached them and told them “I am very familiar with such cases. Let’s claim on our own.”  “Feeling puzzled, we initially thought the taxi driver was trying to be helpful in dishing out advice.

After all, this was none of his concern since his car was not hit at all. My husband then told the tax driver that they (he and Mr Ang) will settle among themselves. But the taxi driver continued interfering in their conversation and when my husband told him not to interfere as this was none of his business, he got angry. “While trying to calm the taxi driver down, Mr Ang also told the taxi driver that he (Mr Ang) will settle with my husband himself. Interestingly, all throughout this time, instead of checking if there are any damages on his taxi, the taxi driver was more interested in their conversation. After some time, he finally revealed the real reason why he was trying to butt into a conversation that had nothing to do with him. 

“He actually claimed that we hit his car and wanted to claim insurance against us!  “All of us were very shocked at his accusation and Mr Ang immediately defended us. The taxi driver even had the cheek to claim that his passenger in his car felt the impact too and his passenger can be his witness. When my husband and Mr Ang tried to walk over to the taxi to check with the passenger, the taxi driver stopped them and said “you are not allowed to speak to my witness”. 

“Truth is, I was seated in the front passenger seat; and when my husband stepped on the brake, I was looking ahead all the time. I swear we did not even touch the taxi one bit. “When I spoke up, the taxi driver told me I am related to my husband, so I cannot be a witness. At this point, after witnessing how this taxi driver was trying to be a bully; Mr Ang, who is a complete stranger to us, spoke up for us and said he will be our witness if the taxi driver claimed against us.

“When we tried to leave the scene after exchanging contact with Mr Ang, the taxi driver tried to stop us and demanded that we have to give him our details before we can leave. Since we did not have any accident with him, we refused to give in. He threatened to call the police and we said: “Go ahead. In fact, we are planning to make a police report as well.” In the end, he had no choice but to let us go.”

Although the incident occurred in July, the Chias received an insurance claim last Friday, on 20 Oct – 3 months after the alleged accident, claiming losses of $2114 due to Mr Chia’s “negligent driving”:

Insurance-claim.jpeg

Chia wrote:

Chia also posted more photos and asked some pertinent questions on her blog, before appealing to SMRT and the police to look into the matter:“Cost of repair $1,450? For an accident that never even happened??? For your reference, the repair cost for our car’s bummer that was hit by Mr Ang’s car from behind was only $250. And that is for an accident that is obvious from the pics above.  “This taxi driver has obviously filed a fake insurance claim! Mr Ang happened to have a passenger in his car as well, and both of them have kindly offered to be witnesses.”

“It is because of rogue drivers like him that car insurance premiums escalate and the reputation and image of SMRT taxi drivers is tarnished. His behavior is not only rude but he behaves like a gangster.  “Dear SMRT and police officer, I strongly appeal to you to please look into this matter seriously and make a thorough investigation; so as not to allow errant taxi drivers as such to get away from trying to make a profit out of the insurance companies and implicate innocent victims. Excusing this kind of behavior is a threat to public interest and security. If he can simply get away with this, what is stopping him from repeating it again to another innocent driver?”

• Praise 1

it may be a one sided story.

i believe smrt taxi have to sent to smrt workshop for accident repair claim.

question is whether smrt workshop is cheating? ie, in cahoots with the cabbie to repair a non-existing damage and file for $1450 repair bill?

• Praise 1

it may be a one sided story.

i believe smrt taxi have to sent to smrt workshop for accident repair claim.

question is whether smrt workshop is cheating? ie, in cahoots with the cabbie to repair a non-existing damage and file for $1450 repair bill?

Yes, should also question the car workshop. Compare the picture taken at carw workshop (if there is any) vs the photo taken at the accident site. If the photo is different i.e workshop side the photo shows smrt taxi bumper was damaged but accident site shows otherwise, then we know already. The workshop that help submit the claim should also put to question.

Remember the hotline to call if suspected fraudulent claim..

The number is..

1800 4437283

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpGmHiTbiQ&feature=youtu.be

Enforcement officer risking his life, lights flashing, rushing off to attend to something important?

Swerve at estimated 120kmh, from Lane 1 to 3, back to 2, then back to 1, then into breakdown lane...then eventually into his hideout? 

Are they above the law?

Is this the LTA Officer Bike[that is what Traffic Police Riding] or those Cisco.?If Cisco,they are not allowed to ride so fast.

Is this the LTA Officer Bike[that is what Traffic Police Riding] or those Cisco.?If Cisco,they are not allowed to ride so fast.

It is not TP- or LTA-plated bike. It is a F-plated Traffic Enforcement bike, don't know if it is CISCO or AETOS or other company.

post-2139-0-28773900-1508847621_thumb.jpg

I add a like for you bro.. anonymous dislike very spineless.. but worst then snakes as don’t even dare show themselves.

I really don’t see what’s wrong with your post unless the dislike post is from that LTA rider

Got another idiot who commented: "f**k yeah they are the law" and gave me 5 dislike points.

Please lah, whoever you are, the points don't matter to me. I am not a boy scout out here collecting points. It your thinking that is disturbing.

Prick.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

Twincharged

========================

Insurance-claim.jpeg

Chia wrote:

They ask SMRT to investigate the driver but if the driver is claiming from them means he sent in the vehicle for repair and insurance claim already ma... So must have real damage or else how did SMRT come up with the repair costs? Unless SMRT is also into these kind of scam. The taxi driver also don't benefit much from these kind of scams as the amount they get from the loss of income is very low only.

• Praise 1

Got another idiot who commented: "f**k yeah they are the law" and gave me 5 dislike points.

Please lah, whoever you are, the points don't matter to me. I am not a boy scout out here collecting points. It your thinking that is disturbing.

Prick.

Why u so bothered?

Only reinforcing the negativity

Chill lah

It is not TP- or LTA-plated bike. It is a F-plated Traffic Enforcement bike, don't know if it is CISCO or AETOS or other company.

Send this video to TP they will take action.

• Praise 1

You asked the wrong question..

The rich and almighty will ask, WHY was the cab driver parked at the bus bay! WHY was he sleeping there!

"So you don't gong-gong destroy public property and have someone to blame lor..."

F1 fever just over in SG. [drivingcar]

So the McLaren driver was dreaming to himself as 'Lewis Hamilton' going into the pit stop to change tyres. Instead he entered into a bus bay .... :a-bang:

Eh.. Lewis is driving Mercedes bro.. [sweatdrop]

Alonso, Button and Vandoorne are McLaren... :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1