Singapore Reckless Driver Part V

RadX

not necessary a lady driver at times, the same thing also happens to me this morning and it was a van driver who cut across 2 lanes directly when he just join in from the left lane

Would you be surprised... if I said this was a lady driver.

https://youtu.be/1XJTHvjr6Ts

Sitting low and never look around.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Maybe he need to fetch da mistress who has been texting him every 30 seconds "chauffer! where are you?" [laugh]

if it is mistress, it is no chauffer liow. she is calling for her SHAFTER liow. so must speed off lah.

[laugh]

• Praise 2

THE SIX MAIN CAUSES OF A CAR CRASH, ACCORDING TO SCIENCE

And How to Avoid Them

The article linked below is a must read. It's written for an American audience, but the lessons apply well here too. Here are some nuggets (direction change indicated in brackets):

The Rolling Right Turn on Red (Left)

The rolling right (left) turn on red overwhelms our attentional capabilities. While we’re fearing for our life in one direction, we’re driving in another. What could possibly go wrong? Why do we attempt this impossible feat? Aside from our unshakable confidence in our multitasking superpowers, many drivers don’t even know that the law requires us to come to a full stop before turning.

Solution: Slow your roll when making this very simple transition. It’ll cost you about three seconds, and you just might save a life.

Falling Asleep

People are horrible judges of their own sleepiness. Drivers are even less aware of the danger of microsleep—brief intervals during which our brains just shut down and go offline for few seconds. We don’t know when we’re microsleeping, are about to, or even when we just did. Our brains can put us to sleep anytime.

Solution: Did you sleep less than seven hours last night? Is it late? Are you alone in the car? No caffeine on hand? These are the elements of disaster. Delete some of them from your situation or get out of the car.

Loss of Control

We have surprisingly little technical mastery of our own vehicles. Most drivers are “not even close to the capability of their car, as far as going fast. Aggressive maneuvering and taking a sharp curve too fast account for about 5 percent of all crashes. Another 2 percent happen when we don’t slow down for water on the road.

The remainder of these crashes happen when another driver or even a sudden turn in the road puts us in a surprise situation that demands an instant response. We imagine ourselves coolly responding when something unexpected pops up, but most people overreact and overcompensate and sometimes kick their car afterward.

Solution: You don’t have to crash your car all by yourself. Your car, the weather, and other drivers are willing to help make it happen. Be sure to factor them into your thinking.

Into the Blind

We seem to have this natural belief that if we can’t see something, then it must not exist. When we’re kids and the bedroom light is out, we are convinced that there is a monster under the bed. When we grow up, we become certain that there is no monster under the bed. The reality is that there may or may not be a monster under the bed. The crash data remind us that this misunderstanding is widespread among grown-ups.

Solution: Always check for monsters.

The Rear-Ender

We drive close to the car in front of us because we think it’ll get us there faster. It’s true, technically, but just barely: Science says we save 26 seconds per day as a result of our hurrying. We also imagine that the driver in front of us will wait until we’re done with our text before he locks up his brakes.

Solution: Leave some space. You’re not getting there any sooner.

Distracted Lane or Road Departure
Our firm belief in our multitasking superpowers strikes again. In addition to the distraction of phones, our attention gets pulled by roadside crashes, billboards, activities inside the car, and mind wandering. Humans are not natural performers when it comes to keeping an eye on much of anything and even less so when asked to attend to several things at once.

Solution: Stow the technology and do your best to pay attention. It’s way harder than it looks.

• Praise 2

give chance can?

[rifle]  [:|]

Cabby accused of reversing into car was emotionally distraught: ComfortDelGro
PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
UPDATED
9 MIN AGO

SINGAPORE - A cabby who was accused of reversing into a stationary car at a traffic junction as part of an alleged scam had not realised his brakes were not applied as he was distraught over news of a family member's terminal illness, ComfortDelGro told The Straits Times on Thursday (Nov 23).

A video posted on Facebook page Roads.sg shows the blue ComfortDelGro cab at the red light of a traffic junction. The cab then reverses into the vehicle as the latter's dash camera shows.

Passengers are seen alighting and arguing with the driver of the dash cam vehicle and gesturing at the back of the cab and the front of the other vehicle.

It is unclear when or where exactly the incident occurred, although the timestamp of the video indicates it was taken at 7.35pm on Tuesday (Nov 21).

The video, which went viral, drew comments from netizens who suggested the taxi driver colluded with the passengers for insurance payouts.

ComfortDelGro launched an immediate investigation, Ms Tammy Tan, ComfortDelGro's group corporate communications officer, told ST on Thursday.

The cab company verified that the taxi driver, who was with his family, had just been told that a close family member was terminally ill at the time the incident happened.

"His mother, who was in the car with him, was very distraught and when the taxi pulled up at the traffic junction, our cabby reached over to console his mother, thinking that he had engaged the gear into the brake position," she said.

However, he had not, and the taxi slid backwards as he leaned over.

"In his distress, he did not notice that this was happening until the cab reversed into the car behind," said Ms Tan. "When it did, he immediately stopped the cab and got out to check on the occupants of the other vehicle. Thankfully, no one was injured."

Ms Tan said the cabby is "deeply apologetic about the incident and has assured us that he will not drive when he is not in the right frame of mind".

She added that ComfortDelGro apologised deeply to the vehicle owner for the distress caused by the incident and asked her to reach out to the company so it could "enquire on her well-being".

In response to the allegations of scamming, ComfortDelGro stressed that "deliberate acts of mischief are not tolerated" and that it is "always prepared to take stern action against such culprits".

• Praise 3

give chance can?

[rifle][:|]

PUBLISHED1 HOUR AGO

UPDATED9 MIN AGO

FACEBOOK

TWITTEREMAIL

Lydia Lam

SINGAPORE - A cabby who was accused of reversing into a stationary car at a traffic junction as part of an alleged scam had not realised his brakes were not applied as he was distraught over news of a family member's terminal illness, ComfortDelGro told The Straits Times on Thursday (Nov 23).

A video posted on Facebook page Roads.sg shows the blue ComfortDelGro cab at the red light of a traffic junction. The cab then reverses into the vehicle as the latter's dash camera shows.

Passengers are seen alighting and arguing with the driver of the dash cam vehicle and gesturing at the back of the cab and the front of the other vehicle.

It is unclear when or where exactly the incident occurred, although the timestamp of the video indicates it was taken at 7.35pm on Tuesday (Nov 21).

The video, which went viral, drew comments from netizens who suggested the taxi driver colluded with the passengers for insurance payouts.

ComfortDelGro launched an immediate investigation, Ms Tammy Tan, ComfortDelGro's group corporate communications officer, told ST on Thursday.

The cab company verified that the taxi driver, who was with his family, had just been told that a close family member was terminally ill at the time the incident happened.

"His mother, who was in the car with him, was very distraught and when the taxi pulled up at the traffic junction, our cabby reached over to console his mother, thinking that he had engaged the gear into the brake position," she said.

"In his distress, he did not notice that this was happening until the cab reversed into the car behind," said Ms Tan. "When it did, he immediately stopped the cab and got out to check on the occupants of the other vehicle. Thankfully, no one was injured."

Ms Tan said the cabby is "deeply apologetic about the incident and has assured us that he will not drive when he is not in the right frame of mind".

She added that ComfortDelGro apologised deeply to the vehicle owner for the distress caused by the incident and asked her to reach out to the company so it could "enquire on her well-being".

In response to the allegations of scamming, ComfortDelGro stressed that "deliberate acts of mischief are not tolerated" and that it is "always prepared to take stern action against such culprits".

Yeah most taxi comes with Car cam, can be easily verified, can give benefit of doubt if that’s the case

give chance can?

[rifle][:|]

PUBLISHED1 HOUR AGO

UPDATED9 MIN AGO

FACEBOOK

TWITTEREMAIL

Lydia Lam

SINGAPORE - A cabby who was accused of reversing into a stationary car at a traffic junction as part of an alleged scam had not realised his brakes were not applied as he was distraught over news of a family member's terminal illness, ComfortDelGro told The Straits Times on Thursday (Nov 23).

Video showed taxi driver being confrontational. No way did he display any concern for the well being of the cam car driver.

• Praise 17

Video showed taxi driver being confrontational. No way did he display any concern for the well being of the cam car driver.

his and his partner's actions in the video were not consistent with his excuse given to CDG

i don't see any distraught cabby or his mother...more like an accusing posture

[rolleyes]

• Praise 4

Could be primary reaction or just venting out his frustration.

We all go thru this, up and down. Video can only capture what is in front of the lens .

Luckily no serious injury. damages can be solved by money.

I would give the benefit of doubt and empathy.

Good luck Mr Cabbie, stay strong for your family member and take good care

give chance can?

No matter how I look at it, this whole thing doesn't seem very right.

1. Driver and passenger were very confrontational as soon as they stepped out; driver did not look like "he got out to check on the occupants of the other vehicle"

2. There were at least 3 passengers in the rear of the car. The indian lady, the lady in black and one more sitting behind the driver (you can see the movement of his head at the 1.04 - 1.10 mark). If it were really an accident, I'd think everyone would dismount and at least take a look, especially if they thought the car at the back had rammed into them. But in this case, the lady in black went back into the car without even bothering to check for damages. The 3rd passenger did not dismount as well.

3. Given that the driver was preoccupied with consoling his mother, how could the 3 other passengers not notice that the cab was rolling backwards?

4. After the collision, there was no reverse gear indication to show that he has shifted to P and pulled handbrake, which is something most of us do when we dismount from a vehicle, especially after an accident. So this meant he was in N the whole time; if he were in D, he probably would not have rolled back at all, or would have rolled at a slower pace. Weird habit to put it to N and not pull the handbrake, especially when you're a PROFESSIONAL driver.

5. I really hope what he said about his family member being diagnosed with terminal illness is true, or he'd have just cursed his own family member to save his own ass

Edited by Eighttales
  • Praise 11

his and his partner's actions in the video were not consistent with his excuse given to CDG

i don't see any distraught cabby or his mother...more like an accusing posture

[rolleyes]

bull s--- story .

remind me of this.

• Praise 8

Now trying to gain sympathy? I don't buy it..

Now very simple, see whether the cam driver want to give this taxi driver a chance. The cam driver could just let it go if there is no physical damage, if not ask the taxi driver to pay for the respray if there is paint damage and etc. Doubt the taxi driver can claim against the cam car already as it already went viral in internet and comfort already know the incident, plus if claim insurance, insurance company 100% will launch and investigation on inflated claim.

• Praise 1

That fake taxi driver can't even feel that his car rolling back? Can't imagine what he'll say when he start ramming pedestrians down deliberately..

"Why on earth you dashed into my taxi deliberately??? Insurance scam is it???"

Edited by Kingkong
  • Praise 1

Now very simple, see whether the cam driver want to give this taxi driver a chance. The cam driver could just let it go if there is no physical damage, if not ask the taxi driver to pay for the respray if there is paint damage and etc. Doubt the taxi driver can claim against the cam car already as it already went viral in internet and comfort already know the incident, plus if claim insurance, insurance company 100% will launch and investigation on inflated claim.

Cam car is a Lexus GS. Respray not cheap.

Good luck to the teksi driver

• Praise 2

Twisted and turned already lar... They have the ability to talk the dead to be alive again one...

• Praise 1

Me neither.

Happened to me before, taxi rolled back and hit my car. Difference is the cabbie came out, very contrite and very apologetic and asked me to give chance. Since only my license plate was cracked and it does not cost much to replace, I let it go. Told him to be careful next time. If the bugger had come out like this guy, so confrontational, I would have claimed against him.

Me neither.

Happened to me before, taxi rolled back and hit my car. Difference is the cabbie came out, very contrite and very apologetic and asked me to give chance. Since only my license plate was cracked and it does not cost much to replace, I let it go. Told him to be careful next time. If the bugger had come out like this guy, so confrontational, I would have claimed against him.

• Praise 12

give chance can?

PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
UPDATED
9 MIN AGO

SINGAPORE - A cabby who was accused of reversing into a stationary car at a traffic junction as part of an alleged scam had not realised his brakes were not applied as he was distraught over news of a family member's terminal illness, ComfortDelGro told The Straits Times on Thursday (Nov 23).

No need talk so much Comfort. Tell your insurer to pay for loss of use, repair and re-spray of whole car... And I haven't include the medical for the distress caused, yet...

LOL Table turned...

Edited by Kingkong
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2