Singapore Reckless Driver Part V

RadX

Buses were equipped with cameras all around the body therefore that incident were captured and viewed.

The staff manager will probably ask the bus captain: you are supposed to be alert and on the lookout for any pedestrians. Why didn't you do that?

Bus captain:.........

Actually jumping in front of train is considered suicide and train driver no fault.

Jump in front of car, buses etc should be considered similarly, sometimes it's just not possible to avoid.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Actually jumping in front of train is considered suicide and train driver no fault.

Jump in front of car, buses etc should be considered similarly, sometimes it's just not possible to avoid.

I heard from bus drivers if they are penalised for mistakes - points will be deducted..

I guess they are being measure on points....so wonder how many points will be deducted from this poor bus driver..  :blink:

• Praise 1

Driver should be able to stop at that speed. Not alert enough.

But what makes this people think they can cross the road like that? Brain kept at home?

How to keep at home when he did not have one? [laugh]

• Praise 1

Another one

Kope from Edmw one

It looks like the driver should have enough time to stop but that's just me being the armchair critic. Reflective road surface, bad weather, lighting and experience of the driver all play a part.  In the end, we drivers will be blamed for not being alert to potential hazards while driving.

I guess with all these PMD nonsense going on, we are all expected to have Jedi reflexes to avoid all the unexpected, including flying pigs from the sky crashing onto us.

• Praise 5

All public buses have cameras all around and inside the bus.

I guess it's been a while since you took a bus [laugh]

Yes, I agree.

I think buses should be cam-equipped, so hopefully the situation is dealt with in an equitable manner for all parties.

Can some one confirmed that bus drivers do not have

1) seat belts

2) steering wheel airbags.

Thought these are basic - for car at least.

Got seat belt. Air bag, i dont know.

Really a Ku Ku driver .... [laugh]

Never check left/right or rear mirror on the move meh??? :wacko:

more interestingly is how was she able to secure a whole brunch  into the wheel arc. 

Edited by Ct3833

It looks like the driver should have enough time to stop but that's just me being the armchair critic. Reflective road surface, bad weather, lighting and experience of the driver all play a part.  In the end, we drivers will be blamed for not being alert to potential hazards while driving.

I guess with all these PMD nonsense going on, we are all expected to have Jedi reflexes to avoid all the unexpected, including flying pigs from the sky crashing onto us.

Seems like many delivery food boys using this kind of bikes ...... seen many in my neighbourhood, they are just always in a rush..... now somebody had to fast too 'cos of the incident;  To many things to keep a look out nowadays; even on roads ; I  make sure never drive behind those cars with the blue "pte hire" sticker...... can suddenly slow down or turn left or right .... no head or tail ones   

• Praise 4

This one is amdk

Different

Just now got one AMDK cannot zipper lane merge.

Must have felt the he had the right of way. Single lane already. Gone onto the road shoulder on left of my car, then filter all the way to 1st lane.

Where was his road manners.

I was thinking to submit video.

But thought at least he still had the decency to accelerate off and didn't play punk.

Edited by Atonchia

Hope there is....but i could not see any

Wish its not cost cutting measure by bus company...

What I saw was two point seat belt which secure around the waist only. Like those at the center seat of rear car passenger.

• Praise 2

Just now got one AMDK cannot zipper lane merge.

Must have felt the he had the right of way. Single lane already. Gone onto the road shoulder on left of my car, then filter all the way to 1st lane.

Where was his road manners.

I was thinking to submit video.

But thought at least he still had the decency to accelerate off and didn't play punk.

Maybe urgent matter lah

Seems like many delivery food boys using this kind of bikes ...... seen many in my neighbourhood, they are just always in a rush..... now somebody had to fast too 'cos of the incident;  To many things to keep a look out nowadays; even on roads ; I  make sure never drive behind those cars with the blue "pte hire" sticker...... can suddenly slow down or turn left or right .... no head or tail ones   

They should be educated to behave like a pedestrian. 

No seat belt or airbag. Probably the speed limit is only 60km/h. Not necessary to have one.

You are right. 

Another feature to ensure safety is the speed limiters.