Singapore Reckless Driver Part V

RadX

It shows how much the taxi companies care about their employees.... not to mention passegers!

There's a Chinese word for it: 奸å

If they could remove the brake to cut cost, they will.
  • Praise 2

LTA will not relent easily.

Cos boleh land been doing it for years, they won't want to be called copycat.

Pride at stake you know.

LTA will not relent easily.

Cos boleh land been doing it for years, they won't want to be called copycat.

Pride at stake you know.

Look that look even worse le

Pride over life

Supersonic

They should petition to mandate all cars and taxis meet 5 star NCAP standards. (actual registered cars, not the one sent for test!)

Actually should petition to mandate compulsory minimum 4 airbags for all passengers cars, without incurring more costs to consumers.
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Those Comfort Hyundai Sonata are not any better.

NO airbags at all, not even driver airbag.

Sonata have both front airbags. I know cuz my dad drove the Sonata taxi before and deployed both front airbags before when a bus that ran red light t-bone his taxi causing his taxi to hit a lamp post.

• Praise 1

That's 2012.

How about now?

Don’t know man but I still see some sonatas on the road.

I haven’t taken taxi for a long time. Not sure about the i40.

Supersonic

Sonata have both front airbags. I know cuz my dad drove the Sonata taxi before and deployed both front airbags before when a bus that ran red light t-bone his taxi causing his taxi to hit a lamp post.

Is he all right?

Twincharged

Is he all right?

Fractured leg. But the rear passenger got off with scratches only although never wear seatbelt. The guy very lucky. 

Another Right Turn Accident that happened on 22 April. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/23-year-old-woman-killed-accident-smrt-bus-car-bukit-timah-10163104

post-5639-0-03860000-1524421362_thumb.jpg

SINGAPORE: A 23-year-old woman was killed in a collision between an SMRT bus and a car at the junction of Jalan Anak Bukit and Jalan Jurong Kechil in the Bukit Timah area in the early hours of Sunday (Apr 22). 

The police said they were alerted to the accident at 12.57am. The car driver, a 24-year-old woman, and one of her passengers, a 26-year-old man, were conscious when they were sent to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital. 

The 23-year-old woman, also a passenger in the car, was unconscious when she was sent to the National University Hospital, where she subsequently succumbed to her injuries, the authorities said. Police investigations are ongoing. 

Channel NewsAsia understands that the 23-year-old woman was seated in the left rear seat, while the man was the front seat passenger. 

The car is believed to have been moving along Jalan Anak Bukit towards Upper Bukit Timah Road. The driver was attempting to make a right turn when it collided with the bus, which was coming from the opposite direction, at the junction.

In response to Channel NewsAsia's queries, SMRT vice president for corporate communications Margaret Teo said: "We are saddened that the accident has occurred, and will be reaching out to the deceased’s family to provide assistance during this difficult time." 

The incident comes just days after another accident at a junction resulted in the death of a young woman. On Thursday night, 19-year-old Kathy Ong, a student from the National University of Singapore, died after the Premier taxi she was in collided with a car at the junction of Clementi Road and Commonwealth Avenue West.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/23-year-old-woman-killed-accident-smrt-bus-car-bukit-timah-10163104

Edited by Mahjong74
  • Praise 1

Too many reckless and suicidal drivers outsourcing their safety (and that of their passengers) to "right of way", traffic rules, etc....

I never ever take risks when it comes to left or right turns across a major junction. Being T-boned is the most dangerous type of accident to get into (close fight with a full speed collision with a fixed, immovable structure) and I sure as hell am not going to let some impatient prick behind me prod me into making a potentially fatal decision.

Nor am I going to blindly follow another car which just turned beside me - don't understand the mentality of drivers who blindly follow such visual cues, as if the judgement of the driver beside you is superior to your own judgement?

The same goes for moronic cyclists who insist on doing their Tour de France on our congested roads populated with reckless drivers and heavy goods vehicles, insisting on their "rights" and "way of life" regardless of the risk they put themselves in.

Very sad news... RIP to the two deceased ladies.

• Praise 1

Take note,if Car equiped with Side Airbag,& the passenger did not wear Seat Belt,[like in the latest Mercedes Benz & Bus Case]it will not  be effective,TP must enforce the Rear Seat Belt Rule...

• Praise 1