How to spend your time as a retiree

Victor68

maybe the more senior MCFers can advise, but i think no one wants to live for too long either. we will get tired of this world eventually...

Yes. Who wants to live forever....?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Is the purpose of life very simple that you can put in one post

or is it so complicated that you have to take classes for years

to know?

:D

Yes, only one word: enlightenment

• Praise 4

That's great.

And this can only cone from meditation?

:D

Buddda left behind many methods for human to attain enlightenment.

I follow the easiest and fastest method: the pure land school AMITOFU.

• Praise 4

Buddda left behind many methods for human to attain enlightenment.

I follow the easiest and fastest method: the pure land school AMITOFU.

Sounds simple yet difficult to do IMO..
  • Praise 2

I'm still a long way to retirement.  But I figured got to find something meaningful to do and keep active. 

Anybody here have Tinnitus due to TMJ or a bad tooth?

I know high blood pressure will cause ringing on your ears. I have ringing even when my pressure is around 120+. So I also don't know high or not now that they want to set new bench mark for blood pressure :huh:

I know high blood pressure will cause ringing on your ears. I have ringing even when my pressure is around 120+. So I also don't know high or not now that they want to set new bench mark for blood pressure :huh:

Oh, so your ringing disappears if BP goes below 120? 120 isn't high leh, how you know it's due to BP?

My BP is in the good range and I don't blast loud music either. My hearing is very good considering my age when I did my extended audiogram all the way to 16KHz.

The only thing that is causing my pain is a tooth lol.

Oh, so your ringing disappears if BP goes below 120? 120 isn't high leh, how you know it's due to BP?

My BP is in the good range and I don't blast loud music either. My hearing is very good considering my age when I did my extended audiogram all the way to 16KHz.

The only thing that is causing my pain is a tooth lol.

I was told if BP goes up, you will get this ringing in your ears and I am hearing it. of course when distracted, I don't. At night when it is extremely quiet, i coukd hear my own heart pounding hahaha. It means I am still alive.

• Praise 1

I was told if BP goes up, you will get this ringing in your ears and I am hearing it. of course when distracted, I don't. At night when it is extremely quiet, i coukd hear my own heart pounding hahaha. It means I am still alive.

Ringing in your ears came out of the blue or it's like since birth?

I guess by the time we retire cannot enjoy life liao [furious]

• Praise 1

Just wondering, when we are still working, we have our credit cards

When we enter into retirement, will the banks still replace our cards when they reach the expiry date?

Sorry asking noob question

Just curious coz saw a retiree the other day at the giant cashier counter, his wallet dont have many cards

• Praise 2

It could be a gradual loss of hearing, read it’s something about the brain making sense of the lack of sound. They say playing some white noise or radio helps.

High blood I heard can cause that too. Bad tooth.... unless it’s the upper sinus ones ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1