Can self hand-polishing remove dirt streaks?

Red_ryder

Hi guys, my car is silver color. I was lazy and didn't wash for a few months. Now some areas can see dirt streaks caused by rain, and they don't come off when washing. I tried clay bar also cannot.

Should I buy polishing product and try to polish myself by hand to remove the streaks or do I need to send to professionals who can use the machine? 

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, my car is silver color. I was lazy and didn't wash for a few months. Now some areas can see dirt streaks caused by rain, and they don't come off when washing. I tried clay bar also cannot.

Should I buy polishing product and try to polish myself by hand to remove the streaks or do I need to send to professionals who can use the machine? 

Any polish or a polish wax you can get off the shelf..something like autogylm SRP

• Praise 1

Any polish or a polish wax you can get off the shelf..something like autogylm SRP

Thanks, but what I need to know is whether hand polish is effective or will I need to use a machine? If hand polishing not effective to remove dirt streaks then I don't need to waste money buying the polish, just send to grooming workshop. 

Thanks, but what I need to know is whether hand polish is effective or will I need to use a machine? If hand polishing not effective to remove dirt streaks then I don't need to waste money buying the polish, just send to grooming workshop. 

I think for you just send to the groom shop can already. Ask so much you also won't DIY. I know some ppl are like that. I'm not the judging kind. So might as well let others do it. Already can't be bothered to wash car so why bother so much about how to do it? [laugh]

Hand polish is good enough to remove those black streaks.