COE Bidding – 1st Round of November 2017

Carbon82

Very normal.

Told my wife I would have bought a second hand car if not for her. Now she turn ard say I was the one who suggested to get a new car.

I also have to ask Wife bec car under her name
  • Praise 3

Bro carbon, will you start the next COE thread?

Given so much pent up demand for the rest of the year, from buyers trying to beat the VES, those who missed out on their COE, and basically anyone who is kiasu, it's hard to see the COE drop.

Those who paid for guaranteed COEs or those who got their cars from premium marques can sit back easy, knowing their car will be solid and registered before the VES.

For the rest, it's a toss up.. IMHO, the COE will hit 50k in all categories for the rest of the year.. 

Agree. VES + reduced quota + 0% growth are uncertainties introduced by LTA. Throw in SE's bogeyman of negative growth (after 0% growth), demand is going to be strong for the next 2 bids.   

From an economic perspectives, I think car sales will be very strong till 2018. Recently there was a report to do with car sales dragging down overall retail for 2017. So there is going to be a strong push till end 2017.

2018 I believe various other sectors may grow to compensate for the dip in new car sales numbers. Rosy outlook in 2018 in various sectors projected. Less sales for cars mean much higher prices (and taxes) per car. And it ties in with car-lite atmosphere created. Be prepared.

Agree. VES + reduced quota + 0% growth are uncertainties introduced by LTA. Throw in SE's bogeyman of negative growth (after 0% growth), demand is going to be strong for the next 2 bids.   

Edited by Showster

Letâs do some scenario play then.

If 25% renew, what is the quota available?

If 50% renew?

What if 75% renew?

Based on VES, what is the % who will buy new and scrap car if car functioning well?

What if sell car to dealer, dealer renews 5 years?

Remember that the 5 year COE renewal numbers only started to go up in 2015 or 2016 if I am not mistaken. So the deregistration numbers will only really return in 2021.

I think this time round more than 50% will renew

Train keep spoiling

Coe will cheong

I think will cheong till 2021 when satellite erp goes into action.

But transfer car ownership costs to car usage costs only.

wait long long "transfer" .. is "ON TOP" of whatever you need to pay now.. 

• Praise 4

I think will cheong till 2021 when satellite erp goes into action.

But transfer car ownership costs to car usage costs only.

If transfer ownership cost to usage cost, does that imply the cost of car will be reduced? I dont might 0% car cost but 100% usage cost.

Time to change new car again if what u have commented is valid

wait long long "transfer" .. is "ON TOP" of whatever you need to pay now..

Isnt our leader often practice give 1st then take back later? Your comment above is like take all in both way. Sure anot?
  • Praise 1

they increase usage cost.. so the % of ownership cost vs total cost drop... not that they will reduce the ownership costs...

Wow lau. This playing with words leh Edited by Lotr8445r

It’s not word play in this case.

ERP helped in some degree of congestion control and tax gains such that the Govt could draw lesser from COE.

Raymond Lim time was when car growth was the most aggressive and COE premiums were the most friendly in our near history since 90s.

Edited by Showster
↡ Advertisement