A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

dude.. that black car is a skoda vRS...

Those rims indeed look like the vRS.. but i think its a Volvo s60 as well.

↡ Advertisement

Those rims indeed look like the vRS.. but i think its a Volvo s60 as well.

This one is definitetly an S60. And the one in the crane accident is definitely a vRS.

crash.jpg?itok=DRgzcnZF

Edited by Paddie

This one is definitetly an S60. And the one in the crane accident is definitely a vRS.

crash.jpg?itok=DRgzcnZF

Yes. From the rims it's recognizable liao.

I changed that out immediately when I got the car

Supersonic

Went to test sit Skoda. Din bother to ask for test drive coz not buying n din wanna raise the SE's hopes.

Only the Superb impressed. Subjectively, feels nicer than the A4. Fit and finish is literally living up to it's name.

But $169k, it's gonna be a hard sell against the A4 w it's badge and simisai VC n all.

• Praise 6

Went to test sit Skoda. Din bother to ask for test drive coz not buying n din wanna raise the SE's hopes.

Only the Superb impressed. Subjectively, feels nicer than the A4. Fit and finish is literally living up to it's name.

But $169k, it's gonna be a hard sell against the A4 w it's badge and simisai VC n all.

How was the Kodiaq ? Reviews have been pretty good. 

should be 159K. look at the bottom row price after discount.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Based on test sit, Sorento felt more upmarket

But the Kodiak got this cute n quite clever pop out door edge protector everytime the door opens and slides back in to give the door a flush look when closing.

Really neat. But doesn't look like this thingy will last 10 yrs tho....LOL

Based on test sit, Sorento felt more upmarket

But the Kodiak got this cute n quite clever pop out door edge protector everytime the door opens and slides back in to give the door a flush look when closing.

Really neat. But doesn't look like this thingy will last 10 yrs tho....LOL

Yeah, I liked that idea. Pretty cool that Skoda / Seat are back in town. Good line up of cars I can definitely see myself considering.

should be 159K. look at the bottom row price after discount.

It is actually 160k (159900 to be exact).  Nonetheless, Audi A4 is only 154999, still 5k cheaper.

• Praise 2

My friend was quoted $159k..

• Praise 1

Kodiaq overall is ok, except the rear seats are really meant for kids only..

• Praise 1

Kodiaq overall is ok, except the rear seats are really meant for kids only..

To be fair, most SUV 7 seater is like that n some are hard to get into the 3rd row due to the height whiist most MPVs don’t have this issue being of a lower setting.

• Praise 3

To be fair, most SUV 7 seater is like that n some are hard to get into the 3rd row due to the height whiist most MPVs don’t have this issue being of a lower setting.

I guess the options for 7 seater SUV in SG are quite limited.. I think the CX9 has quite decent space in the 3rd row.. 

To be fair, most SUV 7 seater is like that n some are hard to get into the 3rd row due to the height whiist most MPVs donât have this issue being of a lower setting.

They should have bring in the 5 seater as it is redundant for the 7 seater ine then

I guess the options for 7 seater SUV in SG are quite limited.. I think the CX9 has quite decent space in the 3rd row..

Think it's a 5+2 in the mold of CRV, XTrail, Outlander, 5008 and on the more expensive end of the spectrum Discovery Sport.

Looks more spacious than XTrail though.

Talking about price range only , AD selling GLA at 160k + while PI 140k + before bargin. Would one prefer Skoda or Merc if size is not a concerns?

Yes, even the xc90 3rd row CMI.

So far, only two 7-seater SUV's 3rd row impressed me, in terms of space.

Kia Sorrento and infiniti QX80 (which is an overkill)...

• Praise 1

Talking about price range only , AD selling GLA at 160k + while PI 140k + before bargin. Would one prefer Skoda or Merc if size is not a concerns?

Not an unfair point.

In my view though, someone that would consider spending $160k on a utilitarian 7 seater probably needs the space and utility that a GLA/X2/Q2 is just not able to match. So likely to be a head over heart.

If one didn't need the space/utility, a lot of interesting badge (A4, GLA etc) and non badge (Stinger, Cupra) options in that price range.

On a personal level, am not a huge fan of the entry level big 3 cars/SUVs, with the possible exception of the 1 series.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1