A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

What color did u get? Did you get a good price for your trade in? Whats your transacted price? @theoldjaffa

As usual I'm only there to look see touch feel.

No money to buy

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Businesstimes had a review of the rs245 a few days ago and they estimated the price at 170k. Quite a way off.

Anyway any form of vrs for 130k seems a good deal. It was and is still quite my dream car. Unfortunately 4 years ago not available here. I paid almost 140k for a sylphy instead. Should scrap and get this rs245

• Praise 2

Businesstimes had a review of the rs245 a few days ago and they estimated the price at 170k. Quite a way off.

Anyway any form of vrs for 130k seems a good deal. It was and is still quite my dream car. Unfortunately 4 years ago not available here. I paid almost 140k for a sylphy instead. Should scrap and get this rs245

Do it bro!

Hi. I have a good SE contact. If keen feel free PM me:)

Different niche target market. A type R guy will not look at RS and vice versa. Not sure if an old uncle like me still wanna drive type R but I am certainly excited with the RS:)

Type R at close to 200k is really out of reach for the many, only for people with deep pockets and already have another car

I agree with you that those buying the type R will not consider the vRS but those who wants the type R but can't afford will turn to the vRS

At 127k. It does not come with dcc or lane assist, blind spot as well as adaptive cruise.

But comes in 19inch (i think).

Brakes are pretty solid as well.

Deal breaker is the front head lamp. Either u love it or hate it.

The split head lamps is like what you see on old E class
  • Praise 1

My friend intending to trade in his 2013 Sylphy. Quoted paper value. No body value.

I will be very happy if when the time comes to trade in, someone offer paper value for my sylphy.

Sometime I go showrooms seeseelooklook and ask how much they take my sylphy. So far no dealer dare to quote, not even paper value. The salesgirl who sold me this car msg me ask me change car since coe low now. I ask how much take in my car. Never hear again. If I buy new car, need to ownself scrap old car. This is the perils of buying an experimental car.

My friend intending to trade in his 2013 Sylphy. Quoted paper value. No body value.

I will be very happy if when the time comes to trade in, someone offer paper value for my sylphy.

Sometime I go showrooms seeseelooklook and ask how much they take my sylphy. So far no dealer dare to quote, not even paper value. The salesgirl who sold me this car msg me ask me change car since coe low now. I ask how much take in my car. Never hear again. If I buy new car, need to ownself scrap old car. This is the perils of buying an experimental car.

Regret selling your Superb right...
  • Praise 1

Seems like ex Skoda owners still prefer the new Skodas.

Yup, am one of those but Skoda returned too late for me .... next one maybe.

Based on brochure, there is blind spot and wheels are not 19".

Who gave you those info? An SE?

my bad  [drivingcar]

Was at Skoda yesterday. Was surprised with the build quality of the Superb and Kodiaq. Very very good. Also the sales rep who attended to me was the Head of Sales, Mr David. Told him I am looking at a Combi and he said that he looking at bringing it in next year. Just nice, my car reach 5 years old next year.

Told him to keep the executive range of Superb at 2.0L engines and he gladly agrees.

Overall great chat with him. At first didnt know who he was, he was in t-shirt and bermuda!!!

Twincharged

Thanks bro. Met him just now already.

Wah suddenly change new flame!!!! Abandon your ex stinger!!! Hahaha

my bad [drivingcar]

Any clue why Did David specs it without DCC and adaptive cruise control?

That would have been quite a perfect combo.

I dont know. You will have to check with him.

He is more than willing to listen to feedbacks.

Twincharged
(edited)

my bad [drivingcar]

Any clue why Did David specs it without DCC and adaptive cruise control?

Type R was quoted to me at 187K last month when COE was a tad higher,

Did they raise prices again?

Type R is 182k now I think.

Anyway ever since the Forester xt got relegated to C2 and its price went up, I think this is the cheapest 200hp and above, brand new car. Can’t belivee that it’s 30k cheaper than the golf gti.

@$518 per horse. Is this the cheapest for a brand new car?

Edited by Mkl22

my bad  [drivingcar]

Any clue why Did David specs it without DCC and adaptive cruise control?

Type R was quoted to me at 187K last month when COE was a tad higher,

Did they raise prices again?

DCC is a nice to have, but ACC i feel its not really needed 

The TYPE R that KM sells is the sedan version, the Hatchback version has more horses 

Twincharged

As usual I'm only there to look see touch feel.

No money to buy ð­

Was with a friend who was checking out the Kodiaq 1.4. he's the genuine prospect not me.

240 vs 245.... not much diff for you ley. More of a lateral move. Rwd vs fwd. but more space.
↡ Advertisement