A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Excellent review bro. The VR245 is truly a cut price GTI. Is the real sell price $126,900?

Thanks bro. That's the list price. Believe there's more room to nego.

Cos my friend bought the Kodiaq at a discount from list plus many freebies plus a high overtrade value for his car (9k higher than what Kia offered).

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Was at SCS this afternoon to try the RS245 while my friend signed for the 1.4 Kodiaq.

The test drive car is in white. Beautiful.

2C14E112-7455-4227-92FC-AC480A4F1CFE.jpeg

21BD6967-DE71-49CA-85EC-ECD5B4C4B374.jpeg

2D4F6CFF-CC1A-4F12-8375-A15EFC815C1F.jpeg

Mileage was 24x.. seems like it has already been test driven extensively in these 3 days.

The interior is well appointed. Typical VAG cabin, and I absolutely loved the sports bucket seats with alcantara/suede and vRS embroidery both front and back.

41122304-4316-4724-B6AD-7D05CB4CAF41.jpeg

F3D1B49A-15CF-4DD4-8638-44B551A529DF.jpeg

A194A527-FC51-4B03-B0FD-63B4CCF4BD6C.jpeg

The drive is good. Nice engine note from the cabin, although I later found out that it's generated over the speakers. The car is very torquey and pulls strongly at low to mid revs. Throttle response is good, and my passengers could feel the G as I tapped even lightly. Yes, I went on the test with 5 pax in the car and the car still performed admirably.

Switched to Sports mode and the engine sound changed to a more raspy note. The response is sharper and more urgent. Steering felt roughly the same though. At Green, I floored. The turbo lag is apparent. Maybe because of the full load, the car only started to move only in like 0.5 to 1s, not before wheelspinning furiously on a dry hot road. The car just runs after that. The 7-speed DQ381 wet clutch DSG blips when it downshifts and the exhaust farts too. Excellent.

Braking wise, it is not very progressive. Typical VW style. Step a bit only and it brakes hard. I did not manage to test the handling much since the test drive route is pretty much a straight and U-Turn and I kena heavy traffic due to an accident at Alexandra Road.

Overall, I think this car is fantastic value for money. For those who are in the market for a performance car, this is THE car to get if you can get over the branding. Stocks are selling well and next deliveries are Sept onwards.

Congrats to Roy and those who bought it. I'm sure it's gonna bring a smile to your face every time you drive it.

Gotta sign off my drive experience with my favourite part of the car. Best stock wheel ever for any brand, second only to the Alfa ð

41685AC7-8E6F-4BB6-82F4-C20B05A70A8B.jpeg

As usual an excellent feedback. But alas, you won’t buy.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I found it ok bro. Rather authentic engine note!

The Stinger GT one sounds even better.

Both are bona fide performance engines.. so even if it's fake sound, so be it ð¤£

I don't know if there's an option to switch it off though.

thanks

Supersonic

Tho it’s based on the GTI, couldn’t hear the DSG farts on the YouTube reviews

TOJ, got or not?

Supersonic

thats the list price before loan rebate

Hmmm.....interesting. Can shave off another how muchie? 

Tho itâs based on the GTI, couldnât hear the DSG farts on the YouTube reviews

TOJ, got or not?

From inside the cabin cannot. From outside, at neutral, when revved, yes there is, but it's not loud. Therefore while driving it's unlikely we'll hear it with Windows up.

Supersonic

From inside the cabin cannot. From outside, at neutral, when revved, yes there is, but it's not loud. Therefore while driving it's unlikely we'll hear it with Windows up.

Does the SG-spec VR245 come with DCC as standard?

Does the SG-spec VR245 come with DCC as standard?

Nope, just sports suspension. It is already very low though.

The website's brochure is reliable so far, except for the rims.

post-196696-0-69481500-1531581143_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

i have asked a few people in this thread who mentioned they tested the Kodiaq 1.4L, so far feedback seems ok. of course its all anecdotal la.

Test drove the 1.4 today after trying out the 2.0 2 weeks back.

After moving off traffic lights I pushed the car a bit and felt a jerk or surge that I didn't feel when driving the 2.0.

The ride was firm like 2.0 and once past that jerk (turbo kicking in) all else felt equal.

The load was 3 adults and 2 kids. Estimate equal to 4 adults.

Took a spin with Vw Touran with same engine and it felt smooth and no surge/jerk so wonder if its due because the Kodiaq weight is a bit too much for the 1.4 when need to rush.

Maybe the touran 7 speed felt smoother than Kodiaq 1.4 6 speed but then they are different types so may not be a fair comparison.

I looked at the two simply because they are 7 seater.

Touran is tougher than Japanese car but Kodiaq felt like a tank.

For a tank, Kodiaq 1.4 is the best price. Vw SE made me feel that maybe Touran is a safer buy/skoda is a risk. Kodiaq is about 10% more than touran.

Tested Renault Grand Scenic 7 seater but Diesel cars may have a higher running cost in long term.

• Praise 1

(edited)

expect the Škoda Karoq to come in 2 flavors 1.0TSI(114BHP) and 1.5 TSI (148BHP) both mated to a 7 speed DSG (dry clutch DQ200 )

This should come as standard on the 1.5 version 

Skoda-Karoq-Interior-3.jpg

Edited by Lchong
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1