A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Just to check with you all, is the free servicing 3 years means 1 year 1 time servicing? 

like that is good enough for the car? i doubt so as i still feel every 6 month or 10k should change engine oil

I think a car manufacturer should know what is good for its vehicles.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Its based on the 2013 Octavia which is already running well in EU and Middle East, and its a GTI engine, with the 7 speed wet DSG . So when you combine all these up you can see it already reduce the common issues of piston crack + DSG uplorry. I am not saying its gonna be 100% faultless as there is no such thing in a car, but the chances of vRS with the combi of these parts, in theory, are much more reliable as proven by the sibling car models that use these parts. 

oohh. thanks for the feedback! 

is it available in both auto and manual? how's the running cost in terms of FC?

maybe go check it out tomorrow. 

oohh. thanks for the feedback! 

is it available in both auto and manual? how's the running cost in terms of FC?

maybe go check it out tomorrow. 

Only Auto. FC i duuno i also havent collect the car but online review mention 14-16km/l , however their weather is cooling so might help... I think for us shld get 13-14km/l which is good enough for such engine of better power 2.0 

first day FR.. headache.. gentle press of the gas and the car surges.

Driver needs to upgrade firmware

That is a good problem to have. I suggest you do the following :

- Find an open car park to practice, get yourself familiarize with the car, in term of it size, blind spot, gas and brake pedal response, etc.

- Disable the auto hold function, so that you will not need to press a little harder when moving off (which could have cause the surge)

- It is OK to drive slower (and stop exploring other functions of the car) initially while getting use to the car, think of the time you just pass your driving test...

• Praise 10

Supersonic

That is a good problem to have. I suggest you do the following :

- Find an open car park to practice, get yourself familiarize with the car, in term of it size, blind spot, gas and brake pedal response, etc.

- Disable the auto hold function, so that you will not need to press a little harder when moving off (which could have cause the surge)

- It is OK to drive slower (and stop exploring other functions of the car) initially while getting use to the car, think of the time you just pass your driving test...

Waliew....u sound like driving instructor unker sia

I suggest he try launch control

Only Auto. FC i duuno i also havent collect the car but online review mention 14-16km/l , however their weather is cooling so might help... I think for us shld get 13-14km/l which is good enough for such engine of better power 2.0 

i be happy with 13-14. my current 2l turbo doing 10 plus. 

any vRS group i can join to know more about the ride?

i be happy with 13-14. my current 2l turbo doing 10 plus. 

any vRS group i can join to know more about the ride?

there is a skoda fb and skoda watsapp group

SkodaSG (Singapore Škoda Owners Group)

• Praise 1

I think this is purely sales talk. 

As long as its dry clutch use by 1.4 and below models except tiguan, ateca, kodiaq, it will not work well in our start stop traffic.  I believe the gearbox model is DQ200 which is dry and has issue.

Got this from one of SA - model number for the gearbox. Wet clutch for Kodiaq. Not sure the other models.

post-111289-0-37504600-1532821046.jpg

• Praise 7

Twincharged

first day FR.. headache.. gentle press of the gas and the car surges.

Driver needs to upgrade firmware

Care to share what car you changed from? A Golf? Then driving dynamics should be similar?
  • Praise 1

Got this from one of SA - model number for the gearbox. Wet clutch for Kodiaq. Not sure the other models.

Great info. Thanks!

But got typo in that article. DQ-250 in the green column should be 7F.

This is for the 2L variant cos the 1.4 uses the 6-speed.

kodiaq 1.4 should be wet gearbox DQ250.

other 1.4 and below should be all dry :grin:

(edited)

kodiaq 1.4 should be wet gearbox DQ250.

other 1.4 and below should be all dry :grin:

Yep you're right.

Kodiaq 1.4 is using the 6-spd wet which is the more reliable ones compared to the other 1.4 and below variants in the VAG family using dry clutch.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1