A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Turbocharged

Peugeot doing quite well surprisingly

Yeah surprisingly too.

Based on the data, mostly SUV, so I would reckon the 3008 is doing well then.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not sure on 3008 but 5008 does sell well as all 1.2L variant sold out and I supposed many Brands sell well in June before the VES takes effect. Skoda must have done even better in July as most stocks arrived and closed all deals.

Unfortunately we don't get lane assist, high beam assist, adaptive cruise control and traffic jam assist here, Otherwise it would had been perfect. No paddle shifters either! How can this be.

No paddle shift on the Superb??!?!!?!?!?! Unacceptable! 

I think only the 4x4 Superb has paddle shifters..

Glad you are falling in love with it...welcome to the Conti world. But handling not much different??

VC is? Voice Command?

As for your preferred air circulation mode, do you switch off the aircon before you switch off the engine? If so, you may want to try to just switch off the engine without switching off the aircon.

Hope to read more of your reviews soon.

Handling such as parking and u turn do not different much as my previous ride, that's what I meant.
  • Praise 1

Nopez. Never try Tiguan as I was never interested in VW cars. Lol.

Bro, but isnt ur A3 a VAG car, even though VW and audi are different brands. There are friends who are really not into VAG cars, including VW, audi etc.
  • Praise 1

Bro, but isnt ur A3 a VAG car, even though VW and audi are different brands. There are friends who are really not into VAG cars, including VW, audi etc.

Yeah. I said not interested in VW but not VAG cars. Lol. Audi is fine, for the price, it offers a good ride. Okok. I am a badge whore. Haha

I find that using the reverse camera to park actually made my parking worse..

Now i just rely on it to check for obstacles. 

• Praise 2

I find that using the reverse camera to park actually made my parking worse..

Now i just rely on it to check for obstacles. 

no auto parking like GTi?

And the Virtual Cockpit and DCC is something everyone is looking forward to in the next batch of VRs

no auto parking like GTi?

And the Virtual Cockpit and DCC is something everyone is looking forward to in the next batch of VRs

why are these two features in the next batch of vRS and not in this current set?

why are these two features in the next batch of vRS and not in this current set?

in order to sell at very competitive price, features are removed to lower OMV, which in turn lower the taxes.

• Praise 2

Hi guys

I intend to start a WhatsApp group for the new Octavia 1.0 owners in order to get to know each other and share useful information on the Octavia. If u r keen, please kindly PM me:)

• Praise 1

For general knowledge.

I am able to through Vag-Com configure the following on a Superb. 

1. Change convenience blinks from 3 to 5.

2. Recirculation mode will default to last selection. i.e. If it's turned on, it will remain so even after powering off and starting the car an hour later.

3. Show the amount of fuel pumped in the MFD.

Did not try to disable auto start/stop but I don't think that's a problem.

• Praise 2

in order to sell at very competitive price, features are removed to lower OMV, which in turn lower the taxes.

Good point! One of the key reasons why the vRS is attractive is the bhp/$. If the cost goes up, potential buyers would have other choices
  • Praise 3

Good point! One of the key reasons why the vRS is attractive is the bhp/$. If the cost goes up, potential buyers would have other choices

Maybe they could price it as an option.. so owners can choose if they want those bells and whistles..

• Praise 1

https://youtu.be/3p-jII_npik

This is one option that you be looking at every time you use the car.

I agree and hence no panoramic sunroof

Maybe they could price it as an option.. so owners can choose if they want those bells and whistles..

yup. They should have just add the lane assist and the DCC 

↡ Advertisement