A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

long story short, vw preowned dept said i got loan on my trade in car(evidence of conversation), which i know i did not take a loan. withheld money due to me for weeks. called the bank, bank said cannot give out details/no record, asked me to make police report since i asked could i have been a victim of some car loan scam/fraud.  one side say have, other side cannot help. what you expect me to do right. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

All come disturb the forgotten brother Skoda. Now where's Seat?? Lol.

Seat products are very good, just that it lacks the exposure.

It doesn't have a superb equivalent so i didn't bother.

There seat leon ST is in the same segment as octavia, but im unable to find any carsites which did a comparison with both cars

Edited by Lchong

long story short, vw preowned dept said i got loan on my trade in car(evidence of conversation), which i know i did not take a loan. withheld money due to me for weeks. called the bank, bank said cannot give out details/no record, asked me to make police report since i asked could i have been a victim of some car loan scam/fraud.  one side say have, other side cannot help. what you expect me to do right. 

Huh. So do u know this alleged company holding your loan?

Don't you have the original receipts for your trade in car. How much u paid for it? If u paid full cash.

Edited by Lala81

long story short, vw preowned dept said i got loan on my trade in car(evidence of conversation), which i know i did not take a loan. withheld money due to me for weeks. called the bank, bank said cannot give out details/no record, asked me to make police report since i asked could i have been a victim of some car loan scam/fraud. one side say have, other side cannot help. what you expect me to do right.

Whether there is an outstanding loan, all banks and financing companies can check with HPFLAS.

Buy car, the most sian is this type of unnecessary trouble.

Anyway, all the best.

• Praise 2

Can't help with contacts, but would like to request for you to share some details. Would help folks considering buying a Skoda, as well as for general warning when dealing with loans.

Thanks, and hope your stuff gets sorted quickly and without problems.

On loan, Never go throught loan approval process and provide support docs thru SC. I always request to deal with the bank directly. Same for my insurance.

On loan, Never go throught loan approval process and provide support docs thru SC. I always request to deal with the bank directly. Same for my insurance.

I just tell the SC, ask the bank and insurance peraon contact me directly.
  • Praise 2

I just tell the SC, ask the bank and insurance peraon contact me directly.

even without this. I don't really see what's the problem is.

Car loan interest + principal repayment is fixed. Just show the original contract, show the payments done. What's there to dispute.

If u paid full cash, u should have everything also. receipt of cheque and a photocopy of the cheque.

• Praise 1

All come disturb the forgotten brother Skoda. Now where's Seat?? Lol.

I will never buy Seat cause it is cover by local AD. They can go.out of business any time. That has happened to Skoda many times, when it was under local AD. Looking at Seat sales, the business cannot last.

I bought Skoda mainly because it is under VW SG now.

• Praise 3

I will never buy Seat cause it is cover by local AD. They can go.out of business any time. That has happened to Skoda many times, when it was under local AD. Looking at Seat sales, the business cannot last.

I bought Skoda mainly because it is under VW SG now.

Doesn't really matter, some models they are selling at very thin profit margin.

Spare parts not an issue with skoda and VW here

even without this. I don't really see what's the problem is.

Car loan interest + principal repayment is fixed. Just show the original contract, show the payments done. What's there to dispute.

If u paid full cash, u should have everything also. receipt of cheque and a photocopy of the cheque.

I agreed in this case. I don't understand why there is such dispute. I thought should be documented.

In my casw I requested for a formal settlement letter from bank and agreed by both parties before I hand over my PIN and car keys.

Doesn't really matter, some models they are selling at very thin profit margin.

Spare parts not an issue with skoda and VW here

Precisely, thats the problem. low sales with thin profit. How to last?

How much is the OMV of a 1.0L Octavia ambition?

EDIT: nvm answered my own question. about 18k.

VES 10k for a B&B car seems very boh hua.

Huh ... how come 2.0 Octavia RS has 0 surcharge?!??!

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

*Please Note, vehicles with engine code DLB have a GPF or Gasoline Partiulate Filter. Stage 1 output on these models is reduced by 5-10 HP   https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html

rs245 has a DLB engine code

not sure the additional filter GPF together with the 3 way cat helped with the VES but reduced hp. 

make police report if u think there was a fraud.

Else you be perceived as trying to get some more goodies from a sale 

long story short, vw preowned dept said i got loan on my trade in car(evidence of conversation), which i know i did not take a loan. withheld money due to me for weeks. called the bank, bank said cannot give out details/no record, asked me to make police report since i asked could i have been a victim of some car loan scam/fraud. one side say have, other side cannot help. what you expect me to do right.

If they could xfer the car to their name? What loan?

Welcome bro to Octavia family! Happy for you. Btw not sure if I am over sensitive but lots of bullying and tailgating from other drivers especially Audi, VW and BMW. Didn't encounter this when I was in my previous ride. Other than this,I am enjoying it and proud of my rid e!!

Haha. They just want to get closer to see whats this rare car all about. Or maybe trying to bully a 1.0l car
  • Praise 1

I believe 8/10 would not know this is a 1.0.

Watched a video (hopefully not staged) where they got 5 diff individuals to test drive the newly launched Octavia 1.0 in Europe. They masked the engine capacity and after the test drives they were asked what engine capacity do they think the Octavia was. All of them said between 1.5 to 1.8L. when the true engine capacity was revealed,all of them couldn't believe it and mouth and eyes wide open. LOL.

Watched a video (hopefully not staged) where they got 5 diff individuals to test drive the newly launched Octavia 1.0 in Europe. They masked the engine capacity and after the test drives they were asked what engine capacity do they think the Octavia was. All of them said between 1.5 to 1.8L. when the true engine capacity was revealed,all of them couldn't believe it and mouth and eyes wide open. LOL.

I would think so too. I don't feel its any much slower than my old 1.8l civic. Only time it's slower is when the DSG thinks I'm slowing down and pre-selects a lower gear. Example, breaking before over taking
  • Praise 1

Welcome bro to Octavia family! Happy for you. Btw not sure if I am over sensitive but lots of bullying and tailgating from other drivers especially Audi, VW and BMW. Didn't encounter this when I was in my previous ride. Other than this,I am enjoying it and proud of my rid e!!

Thanks bro. Will not get my ride till Nov as i want to save money so bought event car.  Dun scare me leh.  Maybe just met some wrong drivers on the road.  I believe the Octavia is not that aggressive to attract uncalled for attention to be pushed.  Drive safe dun bother about these nasty ppl.  Hope your ride is good.  Thanks to the many reviews here I do not feel so shy making this purchase.  Hope more can share and promote our rides so we have more Skoda on the road.  Then we will all feel better with our decisions.  :)

↡ Advertisement