A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

I agree with you. But in Singapore case, even IF or when you ask people to rethink Mazda 3, its every way as superior as Toyota, the answer is .. 

eeewwweee.. Mazda 3 .. 

u out of your mind,

drive Uber / Grab car ??

I rather drive XYZ.. 

I often ask thIs fundamental question, is it a sin to earn a decent living as a Grab Driver or UBER driver...?

Ok, I stop at under or Grab, let's not go into a fashionably poor situation identity that others have created.

The brand identity, I understand. After all, people would tattoo Harley Davidson on their arm or bicep. No one tattoo .. Oh toyota, what a feeling on their forearm or across their belly, even if they bought and drove toyota all their lives.

But its the rational thinking of what is good and what makes sense. After all, we are singaporean, " regardless of race, language or Religion."

So we are really supposed to be "color blind" and work as One united people base on facts , not biases.

Actually new Mazda 3 damn nice...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Speaking from my personal experience, resale value of Skoda (Superb for my case) is about the same as Honda and Toyota, nothing worst.

I bought my 2nd gen Superb 2.0TSI in September 2012 for $149K. After driving it for 4yrs 4 months (and with a high mileage of 158K Km), trade-in at $77K+ (without any overtrade as price are consistent with quotes I have gotten from other ADs). The agent sold my car on sgcarmart within 2+ weeks at $83K.

In comparison, Camry and Accord was retailing at $164K - $170K in 2012, and transaction price on sgcarmart was about $85K - $90K when I sold my Superb (Jan 2017).

• Praise 10

Speaking from my personal experience, resale value of Skoda (Superb for my case) is about the same as Honda and Toyota, nothing worst.

I bought my 2nd gen Superb 2.0TSI in September 2012 for $149K. After driving it for 4yrs 4 months (and with a high mileage of 158K Km), trade-in at $77K+ (without any overtrade as price are consistent with quotes I have gotten from other ADs). The agent sold my car on sgcarmart within 2+ weeks at $83K.

In comparison, Camry and Accord was retailing at $164K - $170K in 2012, and transaction price on sgcarmart was about $85K - $90K when I sold my Superb (Jan 2017).

Many saw the resale price lower and said low resale value.

But they forget that the new car price is also lower.

• Praise 2

Many saw the resale price lower and said low resale value.

But they forget that the new car price is also lower.

And normally kah motor or borneo price harder to bargain. So dont think that toyota honda resale value stronger because whatever car you trade in to dealer will be getting the same lowball offer

Was washing my superb last evening when a Thousand Year no talk neighbor came over and said “Nice Skoda, what model is this?” Told him is Superb. He said Big.

He driving a Trena which COE ending soon and shopping for a car. He ask me how reliable is Skoda. Zzzz..

Told him is a volkswagen afterall. Guess should have told him Audi insread

• Praise 6

Keeping at their current margin with such services i believe more people will give this brand a second chance.

Would u?

They have dropped their margin for Octavia to less than $10,000, so they are really pricing to sell. Looking at the registration numbers for the year to date, they are doing a good job at it.

I'd rather take the lower price than extra services. 

• Praise 3

They have dropped their margin for Octavia to less than $10,000, so they are really pricing to sell. Looking at the registration numbers for the year to date, they are doing a good job at it.

I'd rather take the lower price than extra services.

Now good time to buy, they clear their stock

Was washing my superb last evening when a Thousand Year no talk neighbor came over and said âNice Skoda, what model is this?â Told him is Superb. He said Big.

He driving a Trena which COE ending soon and shopping for a car. He ask me how reliable is Skoda. Zzzz..

Told him is a volkswagen afterall. Guess should have told him Audi insread ð¤£

Seem reliability is a big concern for this brand.

What SCS can do is to minimize any inconvenience caused during a breakdown or repair work. No doubt they have 24 hours road side assistance but i guess they can provide courtesy car and pickup/send off services of the car at owner residence . Like CNC does for their Mercs.

Keeping at their current margin with such services i believe more people will give this brand a second chance.

Would u?

Maybe show him this video? Lol

Owner review after 4 yrs driving superb

https://youtu.be/D4fC0vWnVQE

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

The first impression I have was, the dashboard design look like the 2019 Corolla.

The first thing I noticed was the physical handbrake, which to me is a godsend. Hope the next version of Superb has one too.

The first impression I have was, the dashboard design look like the 2019 Corolla.

Yea now that you mentioned, the air con vents does look like it..

The first thing I noticed was the physical handbrake, which to me is a godsend. Hope the next version of Superb has one too.

Very unlikely.. because rapid is more of a lower end model, thus the physical handbrake..

Very unlikely.. because rapid is more of a lower end model, thus the physical handbrake..

True. Most car had got rid of the handbrake. Some moved to footbrake while some electronics.

For me i hardly use them unless parking at a slope. Then again how many slope we have here? Most time transmission in P good enuff for me