A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Thanks much Adrian. I think the connection at Slot 45 (electric seats) blocks the Slot 47 so I can't see the fuse rating.

Much appreciate this though looking at your fuses, it is quite clear the Vrs has alot more accessories than the stock Octavia :)

Do share if you find a way to turn the permanently on 12V sockets to ignition on only. I am not keen on piggybacking wiring and fuses to slots not meant for that purpose.

It is vice versa for most VWs and audis, but for skoda case, that slot ceases to exist.

↡ Advertisement

Hi everyone, Iâm new to Skoda so hoping to get some advice on getting the Rapid Spaceback as compared to the more popular Octavia? TIA guys!

It is a mix of a hatchback while trying to become an octavia. Honestly dunno how to term it. It's like trying to get an octavia but not wanting to get one.

Hi everyone, I’m new to Skoda so hoping to get some advice on getting the Rapid Spaceback as compared to the more popular Octavia? TIA guys!

If you are not in a rush, wait for the Scala to be available.. much more advance and replacing the Rapid..

Hi Skoda friends,

Been monitoring this thread quietly, and with all the advice, eventually booked and collected my Octavia last Saturday.

Initial experience has been great, though I seek advice from the various gurus in the Skoda thread relating to the rear windscreen wiper of the Octavia.

As it's been raining, I have been trying to activate my rear wiper by pushing the right lever on the steering wheel forward, like the Youtube video.  However, the wiper doesn't move. 

https://youtu.be/YQDybAEwx4Q

All other wipers work fine, including the water jets for front and rear windscreen.  I had a suspicion a fuse might have blown, so got my dashcam installer to check while he was tapping the dashcam to the fusebox. 

Checking the manual, I realise I don't even have a fuse at Slot 47, which is tagged to the rear wipers. 

I'm no expert, but I imagine without the fuse, the circuit is open, which explains why my rear wipers don't work.  My dashcam installer eventually plugged in a 20 ampere fuse, and now the wipers work.  Regardless, I'm alittle concerned if the fuse is of the right rating, and also whether I have other missing fuses which might affect safety and stability.

Skoda SE told me he doesn't know how to remove the glove box and snap a pic of the fusebox behind it (which is fair, his job is to sell cars, not trouble shoot them).  For some reason, VW Singapore doesn't want to send me a pic of the fusebox.  

So here I am seeking help.  Do other Octavia owners face the same issue.  And if you do, can let me know the fuse rating for the Slot 47 if you had to put this in yourself?   If you don't, would appreciate some of the more technical folks take a pic of your fusebox behind the glovebox (if you know how to remove it) so I can compare and have some ease of mind as I drive.   

I'm intending to bring the vehicle into Skoda for servicing but it's a rather busy two weeks for me from now to the New Year, so I thought I'd try to get some advice first before I find time.  

Any advice would be great!

Slot%2047%20Missing%20Fuse.jpg?dl=0

do 2 things

1. make sure your hatch is fully closed.

2. When to flick forward and push one more time does the rear washer turn on ?

The rear only goes on as an intermittent period mode per wipe of 5 secs or so.

Else, you may want to go to the service advisor and ask.

• Praise 1

do 2 things

Else, you may want to go to the service advisor and ask.

But he already got it working. He just want to know the fuse rating.

do 2 things

Else, you may want to go to the service advisor and ask.

Hi SDF,

Yep. Yes to points #1 and #2.

Hi Skoda friends,

Been monitoring this thread quietly, and with all the advice, eventually booked and collected my Octavia last Saturday.

Initial experience has been great, though I seek advice from the various gurus in the Skoda thread relating to the rear windscreen wiper of the Octavia.

As it's been raining, I have been trying to activate my rear wiper by pushing the right lever on the steering wheel forward, like the Youtube video.  However, the wiper doesn't move. 

All other wipers work fine, including the water jets for front and rear windscreen.  I had a suspicion a fuse might have blown, so got my dashcam installer to check while he was tapping the dashcam to the fusebox. 

Checking the manual, I realise I don't even have a fuse at Slot 47, which is tagged to the rear wipers. 

I'm no expert, but I imagine without the fuse, the circuit is open, which explains why my rear wipers don't work.  My dashcam installer eventually plugged in a 20 ampere fuse, and now the wipers work.  Regardless, I'm alittle concerned if the fuse is of the right rating, and also whether I have other missing fuses which might affect safety and stability.

Skoda SE told me he doesn't know how to remove the glove box and snap a pic of the fusebox behind it (which is fair, his job is to sell cars, not trouble shoot them).  For some reason, VW Singapore doesn't want to send me a pic of the fusebox.  

So here I am seeking help.  Do other Octavia owners face the same issue.  And if you do, can let me know the fuse rating for the Slot 47 if you had to put this in yourself?   If you don't, would appreciate some of the more technical folks take a pic of your fusebox behind the glovebox (if you know how to remove it) so I can compare and have some ease of mind as I drive.   

I'm intending to bring the vehicle into Skoda for servicing but it's a rather busy two weeks for me from now to the New Year, so I thought I'd try to get some advice first before I find time.  

Hi fellow Octy, don't mind me side-track a little, I collected mine too last week (White) [drivingcar]   on Thursday.

I'm just curious, your SE didn't give you the blackveu dashcam?

• Praise 1

Hi Skoda friends,

As it's been raining, I have been trying to activate my rear wiper by pushing the right lever on the steering wheel forward, like the Youtube video. However, the wiper doesn't move.

All other wipers work fine, including the water jets for front and rear windscreen. I had a suspicion a fuse might have blown, so got my dashcam installer to check while he was tapping the dashcam to the fusebox.

I'm no expert, but I imagine without the fuse, the circuit is open, which explains why my rear wipers don't work. My dashcam installer eventually plugged in a 20 ampere fuse, and now the wipers work. Regardless, I'm alittle concerned if the fuse is of the right rating, and also whether I have other missing fuses which might affect safety and stability.

Skoda SE told me he doesn't know how to remove the glove box and snap a pic of the fusebox behind it (which is fair, his job is to sell cars, not trouble shoot them). For some reason, VW Singapore doesn't want to send me a pic of the fusebox.

So here I am seeking help. Do other Octavia owners face the same issue. And if you do, can let me know the fuse rating for the Slot 47 if you had to put this in yourself? If you don't, would appreciate some of the more technical folks take a pic of your fusebox behind the glovebox (if you know how to remove it) so I can compare and have some ease of mind as I drive.

There is a quick service kiosk at SCS/VW, no service appointment required. Should be settled quickly if it's just a fuse.

Congrats.

• Praise 1

I took this without taking off the glove box. You can see it's a blue fuse. So go figure.

Grateful Lammy.  That's a 15A rating.  

Hi fellow Octy, don't mind me side-track a little, I collected mine too last week (White) [drivingcar]   on Thursday.

I'm just curious, your SE didn't give you the blackveu dashcam?

He did, but I prefer Thinkware X500 from my older vehicle and had it transplanted. 

• Praise 1

Can i check if the karoq in SG has multi-link rear suspension? 

(cos it's only on higher trims in Europe).

Info not available on the brochure.

Hi lala81, it's using torsion beam for the Karoq in Singapore. 

• Praise 1

He did, but I prefer Thinkware X500 from my older vehicle and had it transplanted. 

Ah cool, thanks! Mind sharing Thinkware is better in terms of clarity? or wifi features?

One thing i find a hassle for the blackveu given is that it does not come with the wifi function, and when you need to save or view a recording, you need plug in and out the SD card.

Might wanna search for another alternative with wifi :yuush:

Ah cool, thanks! Mind sharing Thinkware is better in terms of clarity? or wifi features?

One thing i find a hassle for the blackveu given is that it does not come with the wifi function, and when you need to save or view a recording, you need plug in and out the SD card.

Wondering if just want 1CH, can SCS upgrade the dashcam for free?
  • Praise 1

There is a quick service kiosk at SCS/VW, no service appointment required. Should be settled quickly if it's just a fuse.

Congrats.

Thanks for the info TC.  Now that I know it's a 15A fuse, I can just drive in and have it replaced.

It's just perplexing that a fuse can be missing from a brand new car.  It was my rear wiper this time, but what if it was the fuse for my ESC or other safety related feature that doesn't affect driving and is essential when I actually need it.

Best part is Skoda Svc Centre can't take a simple pic and send it to me the same way BadLammy did (and it didn't even involve removing the glovebox).

Hi Jster, 

The Thinkware I'm using is the X500.  No wifi, only an LCD screen. I didn't want Blackvue because it was prone to overheating issues some 4 years back when I wanted a 2ch dashcam.  I thought wifi features would add to the overheating issue. 

It's workhorse and has served me for 4 years now.  And it has saved me from about 3000 dollar of damages, thanks to drivers who collided into my rear and side.

I can't comment about clarity as I don't own a Blackvue. But perhaps you can judge for yourself. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlwiJBCN4aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_EmiGzmBAA

↡ Advertisement