A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Curious why no one interested in the space back? Price is reasonable As compared to other cars too

1) Because everyone waiting on the scala.

2) Not heavily marketed unlike the rest of the models.

3) The 1.4 tsi engine in used is the old one, been in use like since 2009. Pretty much all the single charged golfs, jettas, and FL scirocco is using this.

4) Looks funny.

1) Because everyone waiting on the scala.

2) Not heavily marketed unlike the rest of the models.

3) The 1.4 tsi engine in used is the old one, been in use like since 2009. Pretty much all the single charged golfs, jettas, and FL scirocco is using this.

4) Looks funny.

I think engine should be OK, main worry is the gearbox. For a moment, thought its the same 1.4 on Octavia but detuned

I think engine should be OK, main worry is the gearbox. For a moment, thought its the same 1.4 on Octavia but detuned

Engine is fine, spare parts easy to find, won't blow your piston seals with the amount of compression on this one.

DQ200 gearbox is fine also lah, everyone heard all the horror stories about it, and it will keep going round and round.

Truth is, it is an ok gearbox.

Take it from me, ex jetta single charge owner, same engine, and gearbox, mod here mod there, drive like monster.

DQ200 only tell me it is going to die please change it out at the 160K mark.

• Praise 2

Engine is fine, spare parts easy to find, won't blow your piston seals with the amount of compression on this one.

DQ200 gearbox is fine also lah, everyone heard all the horror stories about it, and it will keep going round and round.

Take it from me, ex jetta single charge owner, same engine, and gearbox, mod here mod there, drive like monster.

So usually engine is fine as long as gearbox dont uplorry else easily 5k down the longkang

So usually engine is fine as long as gearbox dont uplorry else easily 5k down the longkang

My engine was fine, except for:

1) Crankcase gasket leak

2) turbocharger manifold wastegate flap actuator jammed, twice (replaced twice with scrap unit)

To overhaul a gearbox once in a 10-year life cycle is with the normal range and acceptable.

• Praise 1

Thank, points taken

Heard some say don’t go over 110 and don’t rev to 3k rpm n above

1st timer as a car owner

May I know which brand engline oil n oil filter?

Is it done at outside workshop?

All the oil filters and oil for first 3 service is free at 15 30 and 45 K.

Conti cars and to a lesser extent, Some of the very keen drivers has sent the oil analysis to check if the car has any issue at 10,000 found that the oil still has plenty of life. 

So, the 1000 km oil change is really quite unnecessary unless you driving another make of cars. For that, its anyone guess.

To overhaul a gearbox once in a 10-year life cycle is with the normal range and acceptable.

I was one of the lucky few on a GTi with usual 60,000 km DSg oil change and drove it till 360,000km or there about without a single over haul or parts replacement.

I was so impressed that I bought another one once I scrap it.

It has its usual problem I would imagine, but I am now on my 3rd Golf and pretty much can confirm its still relatively fun to own. 

Only issue with the Mk 7 EA888.3 is not the engine perse but the Water pump and coolant tank at 10,000 km for BOTH MK7 unit. Claim under warranty

I would imagine the VRS to be the same bang for the buck experience.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Sdf4786k

I was one of the lucky few on a GTi with usual 60,000 km DSg oil change and drove it till 360,000km or there about without a single over haul or parts replacement.

I was so impressed that I bought another one once I scrap it.

It has its usual problem I would imagine, but I am now on my 3rd Golf and pretty much can confirm its still relatively fun to own.

Only issue with the Mk 7 EA888.3 is not the engine perse but the Water pump and coolant tank at 10,000 km for BOTH MK7 unit. Claim under warranty

I would imagine the VRS to be the same bang for the buck experience. [thumbsup]

360k without clutch change?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1