A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

isit worth the extra 7k to get superb ambition plus instead of ambition? from what i see, the only "useful" additional thing might be the blind spot monitoring system.. what do you guys think? thanks!

Hun? The omv is less than 1k difference but they charge 7k extra? I will bargin with them to not to made that extra profit Edited by Lotr8445r
↡ Advertisement

The other useful item would be reverse camera. Was quite surprised to find it missing from the Ambition package.

Agreed.

Some third party offer retrofit with original camera and coding around $600

• Praise 1

I driving just the Superb Ambition as I don't like car with fancy electronics aids. The lesser the less headache.

To me a reverse carmera is a good basic safety feature but AD cant even afford to be present in the basic trim.

To me a reverse carmera is a good basic safety feature but AD cant even afford to be present in the basic trim.

Agreed but too many factors to consider to "price" the car right in this small tight car industry. Too many player too many choices.

As a consumer don't like just walk away.. with declining sales they will wake up and relook into the whole package and pricing.

I am glad that in a way I do not to pay for something i don value by choosing the basic trim,

Choose what fit and pay what u value. 

Never had a reverse cam until my current car.. somehow when i use it, my parking got worse.. so i stopped looking at it anymore..

• Praise 3

Never had a reverse cam until my current car.. somehow when i use it, my parking got worse.. so i stopped looking at it anymore..

some dingy parking lots with poor lighting situation, the camera come in handy.

I also ignore the came except in those dark places.

some dingy parking lots with poor lighting situation, the camera come in handy.

I also ignore the came except in those dark places.

Yes, we never know when do we need it but is should always be there as it available in many cheaper car/brand even in basic trim.

Asides, the bigger rim is meanless at addition 7k. If i want bigger rim, i would rather pay much lesser and get a better looking rim at outsides

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 2

Yes, we never know when do we need it but is should always be there as it available in many cheaper car/brand even in basic trim.

Asides, the bigger rim is meanless at addition 7k. If i want bigger rim, i would rather pay much lesser and get a better looking rim at outsides

the premium you fork out for the original 19 inch is also quite lame as its quite heavy. If not wrong is about 13KG.

a good orignal brand highly regarded ones is 40% off that price and at 8KG.

U multiply the delta X 4. your unsprung weight will be more superior and cost much less. TUV certified.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Agreed.

Some third party offer retrofit with original camera and coding around $600

Just curious - any names of such retrofitting cos for reference?

• Praise 2

quite a number went the OBDeleven route as well as VIM - Video in Motion config

where to get the OBDeleven? Any issues after coding? Or you used the apps to change the settings?

the premium you fork out for the original 19 inch is also quite lame as its quite heavy. If not wrong is about 13KG.

a good orignal brand highly regarded ones is 40% off that price and at 8KG.

U multiply the delta X 4. your unsprung weight will be more superior and cost much less. TUV certified.

Bro i remember reading a thread u posted somewhere on [How to take care of your DSG].

Can't find the thread. Could u pls share with me again? cheers

• Praise 1

where to get the OBDeleven? Any issues after coding? Or you used the apps to change the settings?

https://obdeleven.com/en/

You can purchase, and get it shipped in, make sure your total do not exceed SGD$400, otherwise hard time with GST.

I am not too sure, I never purchased it or using obdeleven.

Am sure it is good enough for novice users whom want to get into the err modification scene.

It limits you from advance changes, because it will cost credits to do some changes.

Yes, its like downloading a game from google play with in-app purchases this obdeleven.

Remember to unstick it from your obd port when you send your car to SCS for service hor.

• Praise 1

Last time my bmw f10 520i doesnt have rev cam. Same like superb ambition with front and back sensor

Tbh the 17” rim abit ugly. Glad i took the ambition plus with 18” rim thats look more nice, not the best though but got racing rim feel.

Rev cam is a must, yes can install outside but i lazy. Prefer factory fitted one including electric tailgate and blind spot assist with rear alert

This is my rim

post-61366-0-08994300-1550043375_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 4

Bro i remember reading a thread u posted somewhere on [How to take care of your DSG].

Can't find the thread. Could u pls share with me again? cheers

You can google this "How to take care of your DSG"  directly, and you will be filled with different versions all over the planet, including videos.

I have my own simple rules for driving a DSG from experience.

1) Do not half brake, it is either full brake, or no brake.

2) I usually do steep spiral inclines on M mode. eg great world city carpark and vivocity car park slopes do not qualify as steep.

3) When moving off from still, I release brakes fully, feel the car roll, then whack the gas.

4) Alternatively, if I need to blast off from still, I put the gear in M, and whack the gas.

You can google this "How to take care of your DSG" directly, and you will be filled with different versions all over the planet, including videos.

I have my own simple rules for driving a DSG from experience.

1) Do not half brake, it is either full brake, or no brake.

2) I usually do steep spiral inclines on M mode. eg great world city carpark and vivocity car park slopes do not qualify as steep.

3) When moving off from still, I release brakes fully, feel the car roll, then whack the gas.

4) Alternatively, if I need to blast off from still, I put the gear in M, and whack the gas.

Whack the gas is quite dangerous le, the car might accelerate hard is narrow carpark steep slope

Whack the gas is quite dangerous le, the car might accelerate hard is narrow carpark steep slope

wah lau, of course I do not do that in a car park.

Liang court basement carpark ramp going down, and up are still hairy for me.

Really have to remove your belt to make sure your front aint rubbing the wall.

Badlammy going to come here say I bo skill.

So far no noise on my suspension. 

I find the engine start-stop function is damn annoying.

Need to turn it off every new journey.

Anyone know how to permanently disable it?

Another thing is the air-con recirculating function, need to turn-on on each restart.

Any idea how to permanently switch it on?  

All these can be VCDS coded to set them to permanent on or off modes. Search carousell for VAG car VCDS modding.

• Praise 1