A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Supercharged

You think the rest is better off?

I've deal with Champion Motors, C&C, Borneo Motors, Motorimage and even Regent Motors. Guess which is the best and worst? You'll be surprised.

Would like to hear your experiences with these ADs
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just signed a Superb today. Any whatsapp group or fb link which can join to share nice mods and knowledge? [laugh]

• Praise 8

audi has the option to tune i think..

I think you meant Premium Auto take over your warranty when they tune..Audi does not.

Just signed a Superb today. Any whatsapp group or fb link which can join to share nice mods and knowledge? [laugh]

Hi just signed Octavia. Will also like to join any groups to know more about the car thanks!
  • Praise 6

Yes mod will push stock car harder and current system, piping, air intake etc are not designed to withstand greater power.

Unless u buy golf R or BMW M series that is factory mod and fitted with suitable supporting racing parts. Then they will honor the warranty if the car got problem.

If u mod outside workshop and car got prob, u should claim warranty from that mod workshop

there is a max minus 5 to 10% delta safety limit.

Most "custom" tune push it to very near the limit.

but if you go stage one with a reputable tuner, you probably be in good shape.

I say probably is sometimes there will be teething issue. So stock out of the box is probably one of the better option.

Hi just signed Octavia. Will also like to join any groups to know more about the car thanks!

PM sent for WA group link, do check :)

• Praise 2

I say probably is sometimes there will be teething issue. So stock out of the box is probably one of the better option.

Have to agree with this one.

My preference is on generic tuned maps. Cannot go wrong with stock mods, and tunes calling for stock mods or stock+.

Custom tunes will typically target the limit with lesser room for safety buffers.

Have seen a single charged 1.4T Jetta undergo block overhaul because its pistons seals blew, on custom tune. And you thought pistons only blew on the twin charged 1.4.

Downsides is that generic tunes do not push out the full potential of your car since well they are not custom ,and they rather you don't blow your car up.

As for generic tuners, I would rate APR as aggressive, and Revo as aggressive+. Do not be too concern about the peak values any tuners give you. If you are going after those values, you will be looking elsewhere. Go for driveability.

Edited by adrian140180
  • Praise 1

audi has the option to tune i think..

Yes. PA offers Stage 1 MTM and Revo tuning.

But prices depends on your car's warranty. Start from $10k till $1k+ when car is out of warranty.

Prob is scs doesnt know whether u did a proper tuning outside. So many tuner out there, so once u did, they just void ur warranty. Because they are not liable for what outside tuner did to engine
  • Praise 2

Congrats on your new ride.

Congrats!
  • Praise 5

Prob is scs doesnt know whether u did a proper tuning outside. So many tuner out there, so once u did, they just void ur warranty. Because they are not liable for what outside tuner did to engine

This point i very understand, which is a reason why I do not go back to AD for servicing.

Because there is no room nor reason for dispute once you go the path.

Sure only the air intake has changed, but only god knows how much the other shop did, just to get the intake in there.

AD take a whole day to change you oil and air con filter only.

You still want to waste time speaking sense to AD meh? lol

Sorry my time very precious, only 1 of each day in a week. lol

• Praise 1

i only know how to waste money on car to increase wear and tear exponentially  . but i travel very fast from one traffic light to the next. 

• Praise 1

This point i very understand, which is a reason why I do not go back to AD for servicing.

Because there is no room nor reason for dispute once you go the path.

Sure only the air intake has changed, but only god knows how much the other shop did, just to get the intake in there.

AD take a whole day to change you oil and air con filter only.

You still want to waste time speaking sense to AD meh? lol

Sorry my time very precious, only 1 of each day in a week. lol

You hv the $$$$$$$$ but NOT the time.....
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

For those having 2nd batch RS245, what's your solution for the lack of boost and oil temp gauge?

Any aftermarket device we can tap along with? Not really only those bigg ass reddy or defi gauges though...

For those having 2nd batch RS245, what's your solution for the lack of boost and oil temp gauge?

Any aftermarket device we can tap along with? Not really only those bigg ass reddy or defi gauges though...

I would not use the gauges that display on the infotainment, even if I had them.

It is silly if I have to move my eyes downwards to see those gauges.

Have not checked if polarfis would work, but am sure it would.

It is a fancy mod that adds on top of your current to give an OEM like add on display to the current MFD.

Just google the website, and you can purchase direct.

Don't ask me about polarfis, but I am not keen on it, the current MFD suits me fine.

As for auxiliary displays, I have connected my old ultragauge from the ex car to this ride.

It plugs to the obd port, and scans whatever port it can read, including boost, and i dunno if that is oil temp, but it usually reads between 91, and 107degC.

It also displays the true speed, instead of the inflated values on the MFD, so I know I am doing 80 on the mce, and not 75.

I have got my old analog pro defi gauges also, but have no plans to install them yet.

Lest someone terms me another ah beng car owner. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1