A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Turbocharged
(edited)

I know u not finding fault lah.

You are the victim here.

I just know you are up against city hall, thats all.

I got nothing to pick on you.

If you want my opinion, there are better places to channel your energy on.

As for me, my todo list for this car is damn plenty, that is why my energy is focused.

Not on stupid VCS/SCS related issues.

1) Lowering done, need to find balance between going 19", and BBK wheel gaps, and I cannot find a nicer looking wheel than the stock geminis.

2) Different vendors different tunes, but the current stock feels so good with the hardware upgrade already.

3) Aftermarket DV, to do it before or after the 15K visit?!?!?!?

4) Oil catch can, sitting on a fence here.

5) Superpro alloy arm kit replacement, should I, would I, could I? With this, your car can literally steer like a train on tracks.

Pardon me if I may ask:

Can we get ultraguage or equivalent for the performance meters? Will it affect warranty?

1) anyone tried to do the DCC? Can it be done?

3) this is like a blow off valve or dump valve?

4) my past 2 turbo car don't really need this, usually the oil will evaporate over time and just need to do oil residual cleanup up for the pipes now and then, is it a must for the RS?

5) anyone did Rear ARB and front strut bars? Nessesary for this car? Any lobang?

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Pardon me if I may ask:

Can we get ultraguage or equivalent for the performance meters? Will it affect warranty?

4) my past 2 turbo car don't really need this, usually the oil will evaporate over time and just need to do oil residual cleanup up for the pipes now and then, is it a must for the RS?

5) anyone did Rear ARB and front strut bars? Nessesary for this car? Any lobang?

I am using the ultragauge, it plugs to the obd port.

Just remember to unplug it, before you send it for service, otherwise SCS give you the excuse "i do not dare to unplug, and reset your service interval timer."

1) Not interested, but your friend up there has asked elebest, and it can be done, $$$ solves everything.

2) It is just the aftermarket equivalent of the stock version. You ask why I do it then, because it can be done.

3) I also do not think it is needed, that is why I am on the fence for this one.

4) I did the full nonsense ARB, braces, and all on my jetta, and after dekit, I did not feel any difference, thats why I am not intending to do any of this nonsense again, but the alloy arms add caster, caster I can feel very very well. Alternatively can just change the bushes, but the workshop will have a fun time trying to get the correct orientation of the bushes, so the arms are much better since it already comes fixed, plus more caster than just bushings.

(edited)

Pardon me if I may ask:

Bro, DCC cannot but ACC can.

Why would u need DCC in the 1st place? The sport mode is already there. We dun need Comfort mode in an RS.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 9

Why would u need DCC in the 1st place? The sport mode is already there. We dun need Comfort mode in an RS.

Just my 2 cents.

We don't need eco mode either ,but it's there.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just my 2 cents.

For my case it's for family comfort loh. This is after all still a "family sports sedan". I still need to ferry my family often and If I can soften the car for my family and harden when I felt like having some spirited driving, I'm all game for it.

Anyway, is our suspension tuned like sports mode or is it tune softer?

I did read one reviewer comment that those RS245 without DCC are tuned to be in between the hardest and softest of the DCC settings. The Reviewer felt it didn't do justice to the RS which excels in DCC hardest setting... but our SG version may be tuned differently too..

Anyone did cornering already? One reviewer mentioned abit of torque steer after past the apex and even the LSD cannot cope. Anyway our is a simulated one with active braking instead of dynamic rolling unlike a mechanic lsd. Cannot expect too much. Launch also have wheel spin which sound stylo but undesirable if you want to have a good sprint timing.

Also, anyone manage to perpetually turn off the fake exhaust sound?

Edited by Pocus

Hi everyone, just signed up for a octavia ambition. Any whatsapp or facebook group to join?

Hello Fellow Octy, just PM you the link to the WA group. Cheers! and Congrats!

• Praise 1

For my case it's for family comfort loh. This is after all still a "family sports sedan". I still need to ferry my family often and If I can soften the car for my family and harden when I felt like having some spirited driving, I'm all game for it.

Anyway, is our suspension tuned like sports mode or is it tune softer?

I did read one reviewer comment that those RS245 without DCC are tuned to be in between the hardest and softest of the DCC settings. The Reviewer felt it didn't do justice to the RS which excels in DCC hardest setting... but our SG version may be tuned differently too..

Anyone did cornering already? One reviewer mentioned abit of torque steer after past the apex and even the LSD cannot cope. Anyway our is a simulated one with active braking instead of dynamic rolling unlike a mechanic lsd. Cannot expect too much. Launch also have wheel spin which sound stylo but undesirable if you want to have a good sprint timing.

Also, anyone manage to perpetually turn off the fake exhaust sound?

The DCC only makes the feeling of what you feel in cabin, but no changes to the actual handling characteristics.

As for the "sports" suspension in models without DCC, it is just firmer springs and shocks.

I already got them removed, and their corresponding part numbers.

Coming from the sportline kit, the stock setup was very firm, nice, and suitable for general family driving.

But then again, comfort is subjective, because some got softer butts than my skinny bony ones.

I have not done extreme cornering, which is likely what you are asking.

But so far, this car handles well enough with, or without sports mode on, on stock suspension.

Changing it out to sportline kit, it is harder, and firmer, so less roll definitely.

Hitting bumps with sportline kit, it will be quite a harsh, but not so on the stock.

So get your priorities right.

I sacrifice some comfort to take the fender gaps out.

As for the fake engine sound, I put my RS on individual settings, and sound to comfort mode.

So technically should be softer.

My intake sounds louder now, and is definitely more audible than the fake engine growl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRfOXLgU_2U

Here got german version on how to code VCDS to get performance monitor i think? Give it a shot! 

Looks more for the RS230, considering the date the video was released, and the RCD model used.

The VCDS coding for the RS245 is a different animal.

Even between the 1st, and 3rd batches, there were noticeable differences.

Turbocharged

Looks more for the RS230, considering the date the video was released, and the RCD model used.

The VCDS coding for the RS245 is a different animal.

Even between the 1st, and 3rd batches, there were noticeable differences.

Right.. since it's coding so should be do-able right..

Right.. since it's coding so should be do-able right..

Wrong.

Although vcds coding is common on all vag platform

But the rs230 and rs245 are 2 different animal.

Like I said I saw the first batch rs245 ,and batches after ,same car but some differences in coding.

Hence what works there won't necessary work here,and vice versa.

I can pretty safely bet Elebest got their inspiration from that YouTube video.

Turbocharged

1.JPG the most fun vcds is setting is this, throttle response

others will be seat moving back when u exiting

autolock

I guess these settings will void warranty?

attachicon.gif1.JPG the most fun vcds is setting is this, throttle response 

others will be seat moving back when u exiting

autolock

Yes, saw the throttle response thing.

But it is not as simple as flipping between the choice of audi, and "other vw cars".

There are alot more hidden settings that need to be tweaked before can actually feel something.

The auto seat moving thing, I tried, but i think messed up somewhere.

The car keep auto lock itself, hahahaha, so I changed it back.

There is this lock delay in case gong kias leave the key in the trunk.

I admit i done that gong kia deed before.lol

Had to wait for a spare key to come from hougang to tuas, so I could drive home.

I guess these settings will void warranty?

Then your only argument to agent would be it was there, just not enabled at factory. lol

For which your agent will pull your vehicle code, and then prove you otherwise.

I am damn sure SCS aftermarket guys read this thread lah.

You can do all sort of magic to your car, just do not go claim things that you are not suppose to.

The world is pretty fair, and SCS do not want to kill the geese that lay golden eggs.