A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Turbocharged

So I finally collect my ride.

New Red Octavia RS 245 here folks....

Still getting the hang of things. Will update here soon.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Back in SG, so glad to see so many Skodas on the road, even a couple in my estate..

I see a lot of Skoda sedans on the road daily, but very few Skoda SUVs so far.

• Praise 2

need to summon @ariesgoat

wait for his reply....

Hello thanks for summoning me...

So far, no news yet from management. I don't think will be so soon la.. If there are news of official launches, will update you guys here.

• Praise 2

think there was a review that the  Kodiaq VRS was either not here not there or not VRSed enough to make it unique. hope skoda does not dilute vrs status. 

• Praise 2

think there was a review that the Kodiaq VRS was either not here not there or not VRSed enough to make it unique. hope skoda does not dilute vrs status.

Ya, fake twin exhaust is one.

think there was a review that the  Kodiaq VRS was either not here not there or not VRSed enough to make it unique. hope skoda does not dilute vrs status. 

I wonder if it will come with an ice scraper?

Supercharged

Hello thanks for summoning me...

So far, no news yet from management. I don't think will be so soon la.. If there are news of official launches, will update you guys here. ð

Waiting for your good news. Hope it will be priced well.
  • Praise 1

I wonder if the long process of mock-up of the car can be faster and better had from using a rendering software before proceeding into an actual mockup.

try calling stockist like Xin Chong and Kian Hua to see if they have this part number and the cost.

XinZhong was kind enough to reply my email
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
Here is my quick review for the RS245.
1) Family with kids? No problem, the cabin is quiet. Even in Normal mode the engine and exhaust are not intrusive.

2) The suspension is firm but not rock hard stiff. Some body roll but very manageable. Your family will not throw up

3) Someone mentioned no launch Control, there is. Switch off Traction Control, Change to Sport Mode, Press the brake, rev abit and hold to activate launch control.

4) Alot of wheelspin, maybe tyres not fully run in, also due to FWD.

5) The Start-stop function is not intrusive unlike Japanese cars, but rarely activated unless in Eco mode. Stop will off A/C compressor too

6) Stock speaker as not too bad, but some vibration heard and mediocre bass.

7) The steering controls are limited and can't control all features in the HU, you can't even make a call unless you use voice command.

8) Mirror doesn't move down in reverse, even after I enabled the setting. Anyone having this issue?

That's all for now. Will post I thoughts and a comparision with Forester XT soon.
Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 4

1) Family with kids? No problem, the cabin is quiet. Even in Normal mode the engine and exhaust are not intrusive.

2) The suspension is firm but not rock hard stiff. Some body roll but very manageable. Your family will not throw up

3) Someone mentioned no launch Control, there is. Switch off Traction Control, Change to Sport Mode, Press the brake, rev abit and hold to activate launch control.

5) The Start-stop function is not intrusive unlike Japanese cars, but rarely activated unless in Eco mode. Stop will off A/C compressor too

7) The steering controls are limited and can't control all features in the HU, you can't even make a call unless you use voice command.

8) Mirror doesn't move down in reverse, even after I enabled the setting. Anyone having this issue?

That's all for now. Will post I thoughts and a comparision with Forester XT soon.

5. Off the start stop

8. To enable set the mirror setting to left mirror

• Praise 1

I believe not here ( Singapore market not big enough and with the LTA taking the longest time to approve ) and not there ( diesel and market got killed with the taxation ) was the reason.

Hi everyone, i just bought a Superb Ambition, will be receiving it soon. Any SG chat groups to join for Skoda in general as well as Superb specifically?

• Praise 6

2) The body roll is needed to remind you this is a sedan with a powerful engine, not a sports car.

4) It will not go away, I am at nearly 15K with the stock tyres, and I can still wheelspin at the lights if I want to whoop some ass.

6) Try sport mode, and hear the fake engine noise reverberate within the cabin, its irritating and so fake, I switched to individual mode, and put the sound to eco.

• Praise 1

for pt 1 u can add the bonnet insulator .

For Pt 2, u can add lowering springs from eibac

For Pt 3, yes, 1.4 guys dont have Launch control

For Pt 4, depends on the tires that you have. Try a more sticky tire or do 235 instead when you replaced

For PT 5, it also gives an indication of the battery life. But if you switch the aircon to 22C I believe it will not trigger the start stop 

For Pt 6, I thot comes with canton ?

For Pt 8 did u flip it to L ?

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement