A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

don't mind if I pick the RS owners' brain again. 

realise that my brake has gotten "softer" after running in for 1k, is it because i'm more used to the brake or the brake will behave like that? because when I test drive the car, first thing I notice is that the brake is very biting compared to my old Megane. Now like not so much already. (Just nice I see the upgrade by @adrian140180, haha but that one cost too much for me liao)

also anyone managed to resolve the issue of the slight rattling sound when on sports mode? apart from turning it off?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

realise that my brake has gotten "softer" after running in for 1k, is it because i'm more used to the brake or the brake will behave like that? because when I test drive the car, first thing I notice is that the brake is very biting compared to my old Megane. Now like not so much already. (Just nice I see the upgrade by @adrian140180, haha but that one cost too much for me liao)

also anyone managed to resolve the issue of the slight rattling sound when on sports mode? apart from turning it off?

My stock brakes still very jiak.

Dunno what you mean by soft, but I guess you mean like no much bite.

Perhaps your test drive unit never really got its brakes broken in, but then the bite should be quite lousy.

Because I have not broken in this BBK yet, and there were so hairy moments, trying to judge the correct braking distance.lol

If you ask me about this RS stock brakes, although they are 1 potters, they are quite amazingly progressive, considering this BBK is not my first rodeo.

Dunno how much mileage you done on your RS, but I have done just under 20K as of today.

You might want to consider just drop in SCS the dialogue section, and see if they can check the brake fluid level, top it up abit

Another possibility is there is some trapped air in the hoses, just go any workshop ask them help you bleed abit, and check, will not take you beyond half an hour.

As for your rattling in sports mode, that is how the soundkator works, it shakes your windscreen to emulate engine noise.

I put mine in comfort mode, so I do not have to listen to that nonsense. 

Have already upgraded my intakes all the way through to the diverter valve for the real music.

I dunno why my RS growls more now, funny if a simple diverter valve did all that.

Have also added this during the weekend.

The drive somehow feels alot more grounded now.

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/034-motorsport-aluminium-mqb-dogbone-mount-insert-version-2/

Twincharged

Some times the perceived weakness in brakes is due to one not stomping on them hard enough. Having too bitey brakes will make modulation difficult.

If one has decent tires and then still can activate ABS often in the dry, then I think the braking strength is enough.

• Praise 2

The brake modulation on the RS stock brakes is not the best, but it is present, and it is there. With frequent use, you will find the sweet spots. Daily drivers will definitely find it.

vrs 1 pot brakes is same as gti and golf r . should be worth something. maybe change the pads to qfm, yellow stuff, etc... rotors, ssl 

• Praise 1

Both Karoq and Octavia are on dry dsg. I am interested on Karoq too, but price a bit too high and CFO not ok with the amount of money to pay to upgrade.

shd serioulsy consider mitsu outlander....

Was told by my SE any engine below 2L is dry clutch...2L above all wet clutch. Tested Karoq and Octavia AP, like Karoq style more then Octavia AP. But my OC said Karoq too much$$ liao, hence end up getting Octavia AP

@adrian140180 Hi I remembered u bought online and installed the monte carlo black skoda logo front and back a while ago. Able to share where you did the installation? Thank you!

not all

1.4 kodiaq is 6sp dsg wetttttttttt...slurping....

outlander is a nice 7 seater and it was going for sub 100k at once.

seems like the cvt gearbox really killed the car though with the lack of power. 

seems like cat b suv without a burning hole in the pocket will be the suzuki vitara with 1.4t. 

@adrian140180 Hi I remembered u bought online and installed the monte carlo black skoda logo front and back a while ago. Able to share where you did the installation? Thank you!

I did everything myself.

Scraped all the emblems off.

Cleaned out the gum.

Wash, and clean all surfaces.

Then paste them all one by one.

I spent about 3-4 hours, the round badges were a pain.

Even sliced my finger open on one of the broken jagged edges.

Which shop want to do nice nice for me? I think they just whack the badge off, and leave the gum there, then paste over call it a day.

One fine day I go wash car the badge drop off how?

If you want something done well, have to do it yourself.

Tip, use fishing line for the small letters, the badge is too tight to slip any line in, you have to break it into pieces.

I did everything myself.

Cleaned out the gum.

Which shop want to do nice nice for me? I think they just whack the badge off, and leave the gum there, then paste over call it a day.

Tip, use fishing line for the small letters, the badge is too tight to slip any line in, you have to break it into pieces.

A good hairdryer will be useful.

I did everything myself.

Cleaned out the gum.

Haha okay thanks alot

Supercharged

not all

1.4 kodiaq is 6sp dsg wetttttttttt...slurping....

Why did you recommend outlander?

outlander is a nice 7 seater and it was going for sub 100k at once.

seems like the cvt gearbox really killed the car though with the lack of power.

seems like cat b suv without a burning hole in the pocket will be the suzuki vitara with 1.4t.

I have seen the outlander no offence to the owners but the interior and built quality are not as good as kodiaq.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Any good SUV comparison to the Karoq?

I have seen the outlander no offence to the owners but the interior and built quality are not as good as kodiaq.

Twincharged

I did everything myself.

Cleaned out the gum.

If u don’t have access to fishing line may want to use dental floss

Twincharged

Share pics

Think it will be slightly easier with the surface being heated up. Hairdryer will help
↡ Advertisement