A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

how low were they going for?

Lower than the cost for COE.

There is a useful feature in sgcarmart, you can see the trending in pricing of that particular car you want.

Just click the car you looking, and click on pricing, the graph shows up.

No one will know what secret promo the agent has until they go ask, we tell you today sekali tomorrow change whose fault?

Like i mentioned, harvey norman, their indicated pricing is not reflective of what you actually gonna pay.

↡ Advertisement

I recalled going to the Skoda showroom first before popping over next door.

Wife always wanted a wowo, so we went to have a look at S60. One thing I remembered wrongly (that I recall now) is that the $129k was for T4. Gotta top up ard 20k for T5 then.

First impressions of T4 that I recall:

- dated equipment level

- ugly steering wheel

- poor storage spaces (maybe can't even put Adrian's water bottle in the door bin)

- small rear passenger space

- so-so boot size

- dated seats design

- solid doors though

Overall no wow factor. Compared to S90, really 1 sky 1 earth. No SE entertained me so didn't test drive.

RS hadn't landed in SG then but I have a good gauge by looking at the quality of the Octy Ambition Plus.

Again, it is my judgement of 'better', and I did not need to convince my wife. So that's the history.

but there are 6 water bottle bin. And the handphone storage behind the Head unit was something that is not available in many other cars.

If you had test driven the car, you would have know that it steers like a boat. On the T5, if you are naughty, can cause a bit of torque steer as well.

but there are 6 water bottle bin. And the handphone storage behind the Head unit was something that is not available in many other cars.

If you had test driven the car, you would have know that it steers like a boat. On the T5, if you are naughty, can cause a bit of torque steer as well.

Most importantly, can the cupholders hold a standard 7cm base diameter mug/flask?

Do not think there is a supervolvo website just for me to purchase proprietary mugs to fit a volvo cupholder.

Ok, I will stop here.

Supercharged
(edited)

for volvo s60, the comfort level is really way ahead of the skoda. The finishing is also many times better.

Just that the durability of the seats as well as the Head unit is rather back dated.

thanks!

Edited by Knoobie

Ok I admit I'm spoilt. Previous generation octy has more compartments than the current octy and both front door bins can stuff 1.5L bottles.

Supercharged

I recalled going to the Skoda showroom first before popping over next door.

Wife always wanted a wowo, so we went to have a look at S60. One thing I remembered wrongly (that I recall now) is that the $129k was for T4. Gotta top up ard 20k for T5 then.

First impressions of T4 that I recall:

- dated equipment level

- ugly steering wheel

- poor storage spaces (maybe can't even put Adrian's water bottle in the door bin)

- small rear passenger space

- so-so boot size

- dated seats design

- solid doors though

Overall no wow factor. Compared to S90, really 1 sky 1 earth. No SE entertained me so didn't test drive.

RS hadn't landed in SG then but I have a good gauge by looking at the quality of the Octy Ambition Plus.

Again, it is my judgement of 'better', and I did not need to convince my wife. So that's the history.

thanks both! but it seems like you see the differences between s60 and octy on two different spectrum..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I think the price now for Octavia should be the same as during the event. At least that's true for my recently bought Karoq at the event. Maybe you can ask for a better price if you go for test drive at the showroom.

how low were they going for?

hows the se at skoda like? feels like skoda doesn't have any hard on promotion and advertising like other dealers. 

thinking of trying out octavia to replace my k3. 

wanted to recommend octy in your post in the other thread of worth it to sell high coe 5 yr car...since u wanted to try turbo

but u got it:)

and u will be impressed with the quick shfiting dsg too:)

hows the se at skoda like? feels like skoda doesn't have any hard on promotion and advertising like other dealers. 

thinking of trying out octavia to replace my k3. 

No nonsense, no bullcrap, just simple and practical from Skoda. 

Their SE i feel don't go round and round to try to confuse you with the numbers.

Very straightforward I feel. But maybe that just me.

Great choice to consider. Much better drive than the k3. But its a different driving experience.

• Praise 2

Does anyone knows the Octavia 1.4 comes with rear torsion beam or multi-link, the SE told my friend it is multi-link.

I remember only the RS have rear multi-link and also LSD.

Is torsion bean for 1.4. You are right about the RS
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I got 1 question, i recall there was 1 gen of Skoda who used to have a boot and hatch 2in1 system, was a it a Superb or Octy?

Current gen still have it?

wanted to recommend octy in your post in the other thread of worth it to sell high coe 5 yr car...since u wanted to try turbo

but u got it:)

and u will be impressed with the quick shfiting dsg too:)

ahahah. the rs version if can push down or squeeze until 110k.......>:) shall go for test drive soon

I got 1 question, i recall there was 1 gen of Skoda who used to have a boot and hatch 2in1 system, was a it a Superb or Octy?

Superb

Its good to have but not necessary. Hear say the mechanism might fail

ahahah. the rs version if can push down or squeeze until 110k.......>:) shall go for test drive soon

need to alert u on the rs245

it is selling like hotcakes

when i was there for my kodiaq, and wanted to test drive rs245 with the first batch, se said test car and even showroom unit which they din plan to sell also sold cos got buyer made offer

• Praise 1

I doubt so...

But one can always dream... like buying DBS shares at 6 dollars instead of 24.

• Praise 2

The RS at $126,900 is already a steal! COE premium $36k now.

Skoda has overtaken Subaru offering 'bang for buck performance' for the masses. 

Supply and demand thingy la..

:D

• Praise 8

It's the mk 2 superb, one generation before.

Not possible at this coe la..

se said test car and even showroom unit which they din plan to sell also sold cos got buyer made offer

the green one sold !?  [;)]

↡ Advertisement