A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

I switched off the aircare function on mine, because I feel it made the car work abit harder to keep the air cooled.

Anyway I am using a combination of aftermarket xiaomi ginormous air filter for cabin dust, and the sharp plasmacaster for odor neutralization.

↡ Advertisement

very cheap? Doubt given it is 2nd owner for buyer. Discount is around few thousands only from brand new.

Agreed that it is not a "fair and reasonable" price offered by the dealer for the octavia, but quite sure someone will still bit the bullet nevertheless, as the price point is probably more palatable (as compared to the new car price)..Hard truth..

In fact if you look at the used car price, very few are offered at reasonable prices..Saw a few honda civics (1 year old car) which is even more expensive than new cars!!What on earth are these deals thinking?? Just trying their luck for some carrot heads??

How much u reckon can bargain?

Dun think it is possible to get any good bargain nowadays..If can get a few hundred already stole smile liao!

Agreed that it is not a "fair and reasonable" price offered by the dealer for the octavia, but quite sure someone will still bit the bullet nevertheless, as the price point is probably more palatable (as compared to the new car price)..Hard truth..

In fact if you look at the used car price, very few are offered at reasonable prices..Saw a few honda civics (1 year old car) which is even more expensive than new cars!!What on earth are these deals thinking?? Just trying their luck for some carrot heads??

Dun think it is possible to get any good bargain nowadays..If can get a few hundred already stole smile liao!

I am also very tempted to get a Skodia Octavia RS or Skoda Superb..Hope that there will be good deals!!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

A few k should be able. See how handsome u r hehe

Under dasweltauto mean management or trade in

Other dealer he could have consign or sell via quotz or direct to that dealer

A4 list price ard 180k plus

Wah sei....discount based on how hemsome one is ah? Liddat I get free liao....lol

Audi weekend sale 30k obertrade

Remember there is a flash sale for Audi A4 not too long ago, and it is being sold at around 140 plus? Think it is a one time off deal..But maybe it is really the basic model..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I am also very tempted to get a Skodia Octavia RS or Skoda Superb..Hope that there will be good deals!!

It might be because dealer cannot offer "special" loans, but these car dealers can. 7 years loan for brand new civic vs 10 years loan for 1 year old civic, those who have tight budget will take the 10 years loan.

Wah sei....discount based on how hemsome one is ah? Liddat I get free liao....lol

For u maybe buy one get one free hehehe

Remember there is a flash sale for Audi A4 not too long ago, and it is being sold at around 140 plus? Think it is a one time off deal..But maybe it is really the basic model..

Yes before facelift if i remember correctly and clearing stock

Supersonic

It might be because dealer cannot offer "special" loans, but these car dealers can. 7 years loan for brand new civic vs 10 years loan for 1 year old civic, those who have tight budget will take the 10 years loan.

We can say $108k is robert price but won't be surprised if we suddenly see the price of this used RS jump to $130k n then next day, car will magically be 'sold'....

Off 10k-12k minimum from new i would consider good. Very hard to bargain with dealer unless consignment unit or unit is on market for weeks. Nevertheless, i would see some will buy it with 2k discount and high loan. To each of his own. Good car though.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

We can say $108k is robert price but won't be surprised if we suddenly see the price of this used RS jump to $130k n then next day, car will magically be 'sold'....

What tactics is this?
  • Praise 1

What tactics is this?

More loan, lesser cash outlay for down-payment.

At $108K

Max. Loan (60%) = $64.8K

Down-payment ($108K - loan) = $43.2K

At $130K

Max. Loan (60%) = $78K

Down-payment ($108K - loan) = $30K

*Note: Actual price of the car is still at $108K, but through marking up the selling price (on paper for financing purposes), owner "saved" $13.2K cash for down-payment. Creative financing... But at the expense of the owner, as he/she will need to pay additional interest for that $13.2K (~$2K based on 7 years Lian at 2.19% p.a.)

• Praise 9

At $108K

Max. Loan (60%) = $64.8K

At $130K

Max. Loan (60%) = $78K

*Note: Actual price of the car is still at $108K, but through marking up the selling price (on paper for financing purposes), owner "saved" $13.2K cash for down-payment. Creative financing... But at the expense of the owner, as he/she will need to pay additional interest for that $13.2K (~$2K based on 7 years Lian at 2.19% p.a.)

Talking about this, noticed there is one particular dealer whose car prices are usually much more expensive than the rest..Wondering whether they are adopting this tactic..Haha..

Hypersonic

shhhhh....

wait some korean lovers jap haters from other threads budged in and the rest is history hahhahahahahah

does taiwan octy carries the ice scraper too?:)

Removed. One taiwanese car reviewer bought the latest edition ice scraper from skoda museum when he went to Europe. So he mentioned as giving out as gift for the youtube channel subscribers ha  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Talking about this, noticed there is one particular dealer whose car prices are usually much more expensive than the rest..Wondering whether they are adopting this tactic..Haha..

Thats why some pi said 10% dp for new cars, some even $0 driveway lol

It's call over-trade.. This tactic has been around for decades. Many years ago, my good friend over-traded his Fit for Stream from Borneo Motors too.

Many years ago, my good friend over-traded his Fit for Stream from Borneo Motors too.

Borneo Motors started selling coe Streams these days?

Jeez, Toyota cars used to be the hottest thing since sliced bread

Supersonic

At $108K

Max. Loan (60%) = $64.8K

At $130K

Max. Loan (60%) = $78K

Tks for illustrating, bro

That's why sometimes I laugh when ppl think they got a damn good deal for their trade in coz AD offer them "$10k more" than outside n because of that, their d/p is lower. Wah sei...higher trade in, lower d/p hosay liao, so they decided to buy from that AD....

But in reality, they are the one paying the $10k, not the AD as the car invoice price would added in the extra $10k n land up w a higher loan & interest

Some may be deliberate but some may really be sotong....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1