Carbon82

on paper written 6s ....... but drive like 16s ...   [:|]

328 / 330 I believe ... 

320i ... 7s ? errrrrrrrr i think they BS   [lipsrsealed]

:D

Simi chia?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

and then you will see them at the next traffic light.

unfortunately wet clutch only for the higher end models though.

But I'm in front of them at the traffic light, so they can't look at me using their rear view mirror to laugh at this DSG goondu.
  • Praise 2

on paper written 6s ....... but drive like 16s ...   [:|]

328 / 330 I believe ... 

320i ... 7s ? errrrrrrrr i think they BS   [lipsrsealed]

:D

can lah buddy...barebone f30 with a malnutrition boy driving it...7.7s going downslope  [drivingcar]

my M110i xDrive TwinPower inline 2 very fast one...20 secs to century  :a-toast:

• Praise 3

And 5.8s u almost can get 2 vrs

Yeah! The 330i is crazily marked up!

can lah buddy...barebone f30 with a malnutrition boy driving it...7.7s going downslope [drivingcar]

my M110i xDrive TwinPower inline 2 very fast one...20 secs to century :a-toast:

Mai ke ke la bro.. your 4 series GC nice, fast and sexy! Its a chic magnet! ;-)
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

The capital investment for PPF is high, returns are uncertain because not too many people on it. I would say this product is still on the novelty phase, like vinyl wrap when it first started.

Most ppl who do PPF are those who do track or a lot of highway driving, especially overseas like UK or Aust where the tarmac is not like SG.. the amount of road debris is crazy..

In SG, i hardly see the need for PPF.. maybe just ceramic coating is sufficient..

Turbocharged

actually i wouldn't mind getting a skoda for the interior quality and overall driving feel. 

when we went to check out the octavia and mistook superb as an octavia, the interior space was just mindblowing then we saw the price difference, was also mindblown. 

if i had the $$, i would have gone for a skoda without doubt. however, i just find the shape of the octavia kinda odd (looks kinda out of proportion) when compared to superb. not trying to flame, just like A3 vs A4 where A3 is a mashed up version of A4, similar to Octavia and Superb where they shrink the size. 

i did a little research and although skoda is effectively a vw underneath but surprisingly the reliability is way better than vw though, wonder what is the reason and skoda gives me the impression that these cars are built like tanks as compared to their neighbour vw. 

given a chance, i will have chosen skoda octavia/superb as my first conti car too as i trust their reliability more than other conti brands excluding mercs of course. 

So which car did you go with or driving now?

Turbocharged

Notice a smell when I accelerate hard past 5k rpm. Anyone else face the same problem?

This shows that you're working the car hard enough.. :a-good:

Overtrade is a bad idea

It helps make the car affordable for some people. Bad idea in a financial sense as you pay more interest, but good idea to help you obtain the car.

Supersonic

It helps make the car affordable for some people. Bad idea in a financial sense as you pay more interest, but good idea to help you obtain the car.

Not really making it affordable lah. The buyer taking the overtrade is paying for it

That's why I say overtrade is a bad idea as it's ironic that if one has affordability issues, the perceived solution is to pay even more...(??)

Have any Skoda owners here purchased their cars with overtrade?

I declined the overtrade offer but they still gave me the discount on the selling price. I went to sell my old car myself.

Not really making it affordable lah. The buyer taking the overtrade is paying for it

That's why I say overtrade is a bad idea as it's ironic that if one has affordability issues, the perceived solution is to pay even more...(??)

Affordable in terms of lower DP needed... Without overtrade they can't place the DP and so no car at all. Interest of course higher...

I am well aware of the cons of overtrade and the various arguments that may arise, e.g. spending within means, higher interest, etc. :)

Now that aside, I’m just wondering have any Skoda owners bought their Skoda with overtrade and how’s the overtrade like. Just want to do some initial groundwork before I visit the showroom.

I declined the overtrade offer but they still gave me the discount on the selling price. I went to sell my old car myself.

What did get? Mind sharing how much u paid?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1