A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Paiseh to change the topic abit - can find out from Skoda owners here where they place their VEP RFID tag? Was looking thru some Youtube clips and the common placement suggestion is at the headlights and front windscreen. Both locations while practical but seems 'ugly'. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Top left towards the centre.

Premium car overrated lah

I hv mid-level staff oredi driving MB, BMW and Porsche. Maybe buy on big overtrade or max loan I dunno

Luckily they all feel Audi is an overpriced VW.....lol

Dun really think its an overpriced VW.

The build quality, driving dynamics, Design (aesthetics & ergonomics)  justify the premium. 

More like VW is an overpriced SKODA  [laugh]

yeah lor. so cannot afford premium vehicle mah.

neighbourhood lokun, no big bucks one.

Honda and hyundai [:p]

If i go into the "can i afford a car" thread, surely will get castigated for overspending on cars

It’s just a car. Don’t waste too much $$
  • Praise 1

Process to help you guys out

I got mine done at GP R&R southback (Heading towards Tuas)

Appt time was 1730hrs

Take note that there is a white tentage set up in the middle of the carpark for the whole VEP process

Reached there at 1630hrs to register (submit all neccessary documents and verify Touch & Go App)(do note that they provide printing services and each paper is charged at 1rm) and there were 3 pax who had already done so (do note that they will only begin the VEP process at 1730hrs)

Headed to the nearby KFC for a meal to pass the time.

Once registered and the clock strikes 1735hrs, there will be 2 workers who will call you via your vehicle number. They will be testing if the RFID tag placed behind your windscreen is readable via their handheld scanner. Once tested, they will issue you a queue number and return you the set of documents you submitted earlier.

This queue number will be called up at the JPJ booth set up within the tentage. They will call you twice, the first time to submit your documents, the second time for you to make payment of 10RM.

Thereafter, you can drive your vehicle to the ‘Vep Installation Area’ to paste your VEP tag. Once done, you can finally head back to SG.

I was done around 1800 hrs.

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

Top left towards the centre.

Thanks for the suggestion and photos. Is yours placed on the inside or outside? Can't see the photo properly. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion and photos. Is yours placed on the inside or outside? Can't see the photo properly. Thanks.

Inside. Sorry for the blur photo.

Will take a clearer one tonight !

Hi guys, anyone done spray print for scratches on the car bump? Heard that Daiha Auto @ Alexandra is good and reasonable price, is it? Do I have to call to book or drive there can liao? TIA

Neutral Newbie

Inside. Sorry for the blur photo.

Will take a clearer one tonight !

Oh, I was under the impression that the RFID tag cannot go behind tinted glass...even more so for those with vKool (which come with new Skoda). Guess I was wrong. Thanks a lot MaBoiBoi!  :a-m1212:

revol amk autopoint

Thank You.

Leng wang motor at ubi will be my choice. Reasonable price, good workmanship.

Thank You.

My blackvue always says impact detected during parking mode when I start the car. Can check if those using BV experienced the same?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

My blackvue always says impact detected during parking mode when I start the car. Can check if those using BV experienced the same?

Your car cam still 'talks' to you? Mine don't even talk these days!  [laugh] Don't have similiar experience with yours. Just waiting for the 1st anniversary to swap out the cam. The 'in motion' pics quality is not beri clear. 

↡ Advertisement