A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

easier way is to turn up the heater to max and blast the fan to max when you at the service center. If the Batt dies, at least you have ready help. 

The condenser needs to dry up from the gunk of dust that is trap there

Thank you for teaching us how to ruin our nice cars

I had the musty smell come up before the 15K service, and disappeared after the filter change.

Am close again to my 30K now, and that musty smell is starting to show trace again.

↡ Advertisement

So far my customer all loves the 8.2 seconds drive with avg fc of about 16km+/ combined urban and highway. Capable and excellent car to drive with all its features and space for the value you pay.

Ur customer all chiong 0-100?

Ur customer all chiong 0-100? ð¤

What I meant is the quick pick up which translates from 0-100 vs other Japanese/Korean makes of the same class but it's easily 0-100 in a blink of an eye too. Many of them bought the car based on the drive alone. That's a key criteria to me too.

Hi all, may I know how many speakers in total for Octavia 1.4 ambition plus? Saw the center dash got speaker cover but not sure if there are speaker inside.

Hi all, may I know how many speakers in total for Octavia 1.4 ambition plus? Saw the center dash got speaker cover but not sure if there are speaker inside.

There is nothing in there, unless you have the option to take up the Canton sound system.

Otherwise it should be 4 tweets, and 4 woofers, total 8. 4 big 4 small.

I can tell you the 4 tweets are made in China, don't want to mention the big ones.

But if your audio installer tells you it must be Czech, or German speakers, please slap him in the face.

• Praise 2

Those who donât like chiong already got themselves toyota

Actually 1.3-1.6na engine also can chiong one in sg road if u want. But all save fuel like no tomorrow thus...
  • Praise 1

Actually 1.3-1.6na engine also can chiong one in sg road if u want. But all save fuel like no tomorrow thus...

Yeah but there is a real difference in driving between a 1.4l that is 3-4 seconds faster to 100 (which is a lot) than a 1.5-1.6l NA and being equal or more fuel efficient. Technology is a big factor.
  • Praise 6

3-4s late, u will be stuck in red light and that guy already pass through the junction. Cant see his rear light liao

Actually what i meant is... You need to be generous and stEp on the pedal , if u drive 2L car u so frugal or anal about fc, makes no diff.

N of cos vrs shiok la! But u will be surprise ppl who buy 2l turbo and above car, dont really Chiong. Bcos their reason is "petrol expensive leh"

• Praise 1

So far my customer all loves the 8.2 seconds drive with avg fc of about 16km+/ combined urban and highway. Capable and excellent car to drive with all its features and space for the value you pay.

Looks impressive. My 1.6t thai car does 8.4s but only makes 10km per litre. Why scs dont come in and sell skoda cars in 2014. I could be driving skoda now.
  • Praise 1

Looks impressive. My 1.6t thai car does 8.4s but only makes 10km per litre. Why scs dont come in and sell skoda cars in 2014. I could be driving skoda now.

Oh.. What is a 1. 6t thai car?
  • Praise 2

Skoda was in way before 2014, the question you should have asked yourself back then is, would you have given them a chance?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-strong-takers-yet-for-skodas-singapore-franchise-after-previous-agent-went-bust

• Praise 1

Skoda was in way before 2014, the question you should have asked yourself back then is, would you have given them a chance?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-strong-takers-yet-for-skodas-singapore-franchise-after-previous-agent-went-bust

In all honesty, if VCS was not at the helm of the Skoda franchise, I probably would not have considered a Skoda.

Same as why I would not buy a Seat now. Who knows, the dealer could just go bankrupt and you'll be stranded without any after support.

• Praise 2

I started beo-ing the vrs around 2012 onwards. When I was ready to buy new car in 2014, first choice would have been the new facelifted (at that time) vrs. But local dealer went bust already. Self-import is not an option I wanna take.

Do you mean give harvest or skoda a chance?

I ok with Skoda cos I was in europe during 2000s and I could see it is common and reliable. Then I began to know more about cars and its a favourite car brand. 

I also ok with harvest as long as they don't go bust before delivering the car to me. Skoda is reliable enough and being vag can easily find workshop to service and mod here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7