A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

27 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Most Skoda cars, in fact all, are on direct injected engine. Has anyone fitted an oil catch can to their ride already? 

No plans to, unless heavily tracking or running this engine pushed out of typical specs.

If you do fit an oil catch can on the 2.0TSI, you are essentially removing the stock variation of it, to fit something else in its place.

crankcase.JPG

• Praise 1

Just now, adrian140180 said:

No plans to, unless heavily tracking or running this engine pushed out of typical specs.

If you do fit an oil catch can on the 2.0TSI, you are essentially removing the stock variation of it, to fit something else in its place.

crankcase.JPG

Thanks for the info. I didn't know our engine already has one. 

• Praise 3

On 8/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, LYC said:

Talking about this, makes me think of my recent encounter. Sent my car in coz can't start and need jump start constantly. Car was less then 6mths old and driven lesser then 5000km. Went in they say coz I upgraded my sound system outside and wanted to void the warranty as there was current leakage from the sound system. Ended up I went out to check, the issue was caused by the in-car camera's back up battery, the installer for Skoda installed it wrongly before the collection of my car. Luckily the camera and battery was from Skoda, and they have got nothing to say. Worst was, the issue was diagnosed correctly and done up correctly by a third party workshop within 10 mins. Skoda took in the car for 2 days and still blamed it on my perfectly fine upgraded speakers 🤷‍♂️

End of the day, anything u mod, they also can find excuses and find fault with you when they do not have the expertise. hahaha.

Seems like the SOP for SA is scrutinize the details, find anything non-standard, find fault or reasons to void warranty, so it is easier to deny responsibilities instead of working with customers to fix the issues

There's also other VAG choices eg. Audi / SEAT 🤔

6 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Seems like the SOP for SA is scrutinize the details, find anything non-standard, find fault or reasons to void warranty, so it is easier to deny responsibilities instead of working with customers to fix the issues

I guess it is only fair for agent/workshop to do this.. not just in the car industry but across most industries.. one cannot modified anything and expect the warranty still valid.

be like me.. stay stock.. even rims n tires! whahahahahahaha..

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Darkblue said:

You cannot blame them. Business interests always come first. You would be the same if you had a company to run.

Plus you give goodwill to one person, another 10 more will come to you asking the same.

It is just bad for business. You want to be good to customer, you expect the same back from them, that is sustainability. You bank roll your vendor, they shut down, customer also loses.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

I guess it is only fair for agent/workshop to do this.. not just in the car industry but across most industries.. one cannot modified anything and expect the warranty still valid.

Yep. They have to protect themselves.  

• Praise 1

On 8/26/2019 at 5:54 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Mayb in future i change tyres also need to get the same brand and model to prevent voiding warranty. Lol😆😆

then they'll still void your warranty for not using Skoda/VAG branded petrol.....  😄

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Slowpoke said:

then they'll still void your warranty for not using Skoda/VAG branded petrol.....  😄

got this brand petrol ah? then i better pump it....

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, subzero17 said:

Is anyone here the owner of Octavia VRS, SMK6942E? Looking for him. Saw his car and really liked it, want to ask something.

What so special? Mind sharing?

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

What so special? Mind sharing?

Just really liked the workmanship on his carplate, wanted to know where he got it done. Not everywhere does it the same way.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

You cannot blame them. Business interests always come first. You would be the same if you had a company to run.

Plus you give goodwill to one person, another 10 more will come to you asking the same.

It is just bad for business. You want to be good to customer, you expect the same back from them, that is sustainability. You bank roll your vendor, they shut down, customer also loses.

13 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Didn't know change rims also will void whole car warranty

The stock Nexen also slippery, no choice but to change

Now I consider to trade in another car once it reach 6 months because minor mod can link to void whole car warranty is not for me, I thought just give up axle sections only

Misled by the SE

18 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Now I consider to trade in another car once it reach 6 months because minor mod can link to void whole car warranty is not for me, I thought just give up axle sections only

Misled by the SE

Good luck on your search for a new car!

6 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

Good luck on your search for a new car!

Stock VRS just nice, don't need mod got rims , already lowered 15mm, 6.6 secs

The 16"/17" Octy rims ugly AF

On 8/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, Darkblue said:

Misled by the SE

Honestly just enjoy the car (with your good tires) and don worry about things that may not happen..

selling at 6 months you will take a big hit.. must well take this money for repair IF things do happen.

• Praise 3

Simply Clever...:a-good:

Skoda Owners Can Keep Track Of Car-Sharing Children Through Geofencing

dd2a0134-skoda-geofencing-tech-parents-1

If you’re a parent and your kids are old enough to drive, then Skoda Connect’s geofencing function might be something you’d want to look into, as it can let you know if your child has ventured beyond where they initially told you they were going.

So in order to stay on top of things, all you have to do is pop open the app (on your iOS or Android device) and set an area on a map that you want your children to stay within whenever they borrow the car. This can be ideal for when parents are away on holiday and the kids stay behind, for example.

Then, you can either set a green area on the map in which the car is allowed to move freely, or simply identify a red area in which you don’t want the car driven at all. If there’s a “breach”, the owner of the vehicle then gets notified via the app on his or her smartphone.

Another thing you can do is tailor the geofencing function to be active only on specific days and at specific times. Furthermore, the app allows for multiple areas to be monitored, as parents can choose to have up to four area notifications active at the same time.

As for other ways in which you can use the Skoda Connect app, for starters you can access a wide range of information about the status of your vehicle: fuel levels, driving data or its exact position.

Then there’s the Trip Planner function, which will check your calendar and notify you when to leave for your next appointment using real-time traffic information to guide you.

• Praise 9

Simply Clever...:a-good:

Skoda Owners Can Keep Track Of Car-Sharing Children Through Geofencing

dd2a0134-skoda-geofencing-tech-parents-1

If you’re a parent and your kids are old enough to drive, then Skoda Connect’s geofencing function might be something you’d want to look into, as it can let you know if your child has ventured beyond where they initially told you they were going.

So in order to stay on top of things, all you have to do is pop open the app (on your iOS or Android device) and set an area on a map that you want your children to stay within whenever they borrow the car. This can be ideal for when parents are away on holiday and the kids stay behind, for example.

Then, you can either set a green area on the map in which the car is allowed to move freely, or simply identify a red area in which you don’t want the car driven at all. If there’s a “breach”, the owner of the vehicle then gets notified via the app on his or her smartphone.

Another thing you can do is tailor the geofencing function to be active only on specific days and at specific times. Furthermore, the app allows for multiple areas to be monitored, as parents can choose to have up to four area notifications active at the same time.

As for other ways in which you can use the Skoda Connect app, for starters you can access a wide range of information about the status of your vehicle: fuel levels, driving data or its exact position.

Then there’s the Trip Planner function, which will check your calendar and notify you when to leave for your next appointment using real-time traffic information to guide you.

Terrible idea. Never ever let your wife know about this.

Edited by hjchua10
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1