A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

48 minutes ago, Wormee said:

There's the Opel Grandland also. 🙂 Same same with the Pug 3008. Only diff now is Pug does not have the 1.2L 6AT, but the 1.6L 8AT instead. 

Maybe its just me coz i have nv owned conti cars before so AD is a big factor.. wearnes, c&c and scs(under VW) seems ok so citroen, skoda and renault is in.. seat, Peugeot and opel AD am not very sure.. budget wise skoda octavia and renault scenic sit in very well

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

For those that tune, this seems quite a good option for less money and improvement on heat soak

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CJu46-sF&r

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CNe76-sF&r

I already sent so many RFQs for the CSF radiator, no one want to come back to me with a pricing.

I think i will just ship it in myself, and install outside.

1 hour ago, RSwolf said:

Morning, would like to find out if RS245 owners here and mated aftermarket lowering spring with the stock suspension? Asking cuz of previous bad experience of doing such a combination which resulted in knocking in the wheel arch. Appreciate if you could share your experience and what springs are being used. Have a good day! 

There are owners who have paired the stock struts with a minor lowering spring, eg eibach pro kit. You get only a modest 15mm drop.

Then there are owners who went full set of coils(KW, ST), so they are not really the ones you are after.

For me, I went for lowering springs plus lowering struts, because I still want to keep proper geometry on a 50mm lowered ride.

I can tell you i knock, scrap, and rub all over the place, thanks to the longer wheelbase of this ride, and the lower sit height, this is the price i pay for vanity. B12 sportline.

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

There are owners who have paired the stock struts with a minor lowering spring, eg eibach pro kit. You get only a modest 15mm drop.

Then there are owners who went full set of coils(KW, ST), so they are not really the ones you are after.

For me, I went for lowering springs plus lowering struts, because I still want to keep proper geometry on a 50mm lowered ride.

I can tell you i knock, scrap, and rub all over the place, thanks to the longer wheelbase of this ride, and the lower sit height, this is the price i pay for vanity. B12 sportline.

Do you need end links for lower springs or is that only for Coilovers?

42 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Do you need end links for lower springs or is that only for Coilovers?

You need everything adjustable to correct geometry.

Nothing less, otherwise you are just cutting corners.

Skoda does not accept cutting corners.

• Praise 1

Done with the respray.. look good.. no bonus swirl marks or i din examine closely 🤣

btw they need to tow car to tuas to get job done as both Alexandra and Macpherson no spray facilities.

F22649A0-9A27-4860-9EF3-717F3846538F.jpeg

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Done with the respray.. look good.. no bonus swirl marks or i din examine closely 🤣

btw they need to tow car to tuas to get job done as both Alexandra and Macpherson no spray facilities.

F22649A0-9A27-4860-9EF3-717F3846538F.jpeg

Ok, so now the question is whether they used dolly to tow.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

You need everything adjustable to correct geometry.

Nothing less, otherwise you are just cutting corners.

Skoda does not accept cutting corners.

Stock condition best!

• Praise 6

11 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

btw any reason the need to use dolly?

Have you seen those brand new Vezels being moved around? Odo might be 20km but real mileage on the rear wheels is likely 200km.

16 minutes ago, flashbang said:

Have you seen those brand new Vezels being moved around? Odo might be 20km but real mileage on the rear wheels is likely 200km.

this i am aware.. if this is the reason i got no concern as my Superb oredi 13,000km! 😂

I be concern if mine is a 4WD/AWD car when the LSD may kaputs when tow? For FWD vehicle as long as the front is lifted and rear wheel on the road guess is ok.

Do correct me if i wrong.

• Praise 3

38 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

btw any reason the need to use dolly?

Anal. Brudders with experience advised me that when u do front tow, your car is elevated at odd angle, rear bushing will bend and next time u will have sound. I will pay extra to avoid the risk.

Online say don't need. But I happy can le. Macpherson to Tuas is a long journey leh.

IMG-20170301-WA0001-1200x675.jpg

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 1

17 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Anal. Brudders with experience advised me that when u do front tow, your car is elevated at odd angle, rear bushing will bend and next time u will have sound. I will pay extra to avoid the risk.

Online say don't need. But I happy can le. Macpherson to Tuas is a long journey leh.

Thanks for sharing. 👍

I think car can take alot of abuse de.. just we are too over protective over it! 😂 

Look ard the world and I can say Singapore cars are well maintain and clean most time.. we did so despite our cars life is one of the shortest! whahahahahahha..

6 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

VCS has a contract with their towing vendor to tow all vehicles with dolly. Even you insist dont want, they also cannot, because contractual obligation.

Yes, their repair centre is at tuas, near my office. Pass by it every morning going to work, over their roof. Porsche, and audi also share the same shop.

• Praise 1