A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

9 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Yeah i notice that too. Butt feel... factory filled engine oil out-performs the SLX 5w40 in term of engine responsiveness.  

I checked the engine oil level b4 i leave that day.  It was top up to slightly abv the full mark. The new oil looks rather black, the SA said they are unable to fully drain the old oil. 🤦‍♂

Anyway there is no 'just serviced' feel after i drive out of SCS. I suspect Skoda factory filled their fleets with 5w30 oil. 

I think they are being economical by choosing 5W40 as it's the standard that works for all their cars. 5W30 should be better for FC.

9 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Yeah i notice that too. Butt feel... factory filled engine oil out-performs the SLX 5w40 in term of engine responsiveness.  

I checked the engine oil level b4 i leave that day.  It was top up to slightly abv the full mark. The new oil looks rather black, the SA said they are unable to fully drain the old oil. 🤦‍♂

Anyway there is no 'just serviced' feel after i drive out of SCS. I suspect Skoda factory filled their fleets with 5w30 oil. 

Draining oil got 2 methods.. one is through the drain plug; the other is through suck suck by machine. Some say the suck suck method can drain the engine oil better.

My Motul is x-cess 5w40 leh.. can rev rev rev.. even my previous car using Motul is better..

Got any lobang for just oil change workshop? I don want any service package.. no time to wait.. i like drain, fill and go! whahahahahhaha..

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Draining oil got 2 methods.. one is through the drain plug; the other is through suck suck by machine. Some say the suck suck method can drain the engine oil better.

My Motul is x-cess 5w40 leh.. can rev rev rev.. even my previous car using Motul is better..

Got any lobang for just oil change workshop? I don want any service package.. no time to wait.. i like drain, fill and go! whahahahahhaha..

Same here. Feels weird to do servicing at the 15,000km or 1 year mark and skip the 1,000 and 5,000km . My previous Korean car is 10,000km or 1 year.  Any recommendation for good servicing outside for Skoda cars? Might want to do 1 servicing end of this year before going back to SCS for my 15,000km servicing next June. 

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Same here. Feels weird to do servicing at the 15,000km or 1 year mark and skip the 1,000 and 5,000km . My previous Korean car is 10,000km or 1 year.  Any recommendation for good servicing outside for Skoda cars? Might want to do 1 servicing end of this year before going back to SCS for my 15,000km servicing next June. 

Not weird for me.

Last time first VW, did 1000, then 5000, then 7500, then sian already 10000.

So 15000 is totally fine for me.

I want to see how you guys sustain 5000 intervals. No really. no lol here.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, adrian140180 said:

Did you take the A/C treatment package @$138.00gst, which your SA will offer? It claims to create a healthier, and fresher environment by removing unpleasant odours?

I buy my own Sonax aircon treatment during autobacs sale. Less than $20 iirc.

• Praise 1

Just now, adrian140180 said:

Not weird for me.

Last time first VW, did 1000, then 5000, then 7500, then sian already 10000.

So 15000 is totally fine for me.

I want to see how you guys sustain 5000 intervals. No really. no lol here.

U will be surprise many out there actually service their cars at 5k km interval.

For me, i usually do 8k km (5k miles) services interval for my cars with aftermarket air filter.

For 100% stock car(like my vRS), I would do 10k km.

Nothing more than that. 

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Just did my first service with them last week. This Professional oil not very pro leh..

It is harder to rev up the engine to redline compare to the Motul I used when I did my 1000km service out of my own pocket..

Guess I will drain it off after 5000k and back to Motul.

Wow! Got chance to rev to redline in SG meh? 

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Nobody surprised la haha...have all sorts of people. That's why oil prices are high.

Everyone happy can le...

Oil prices are high cos of our gov taxes and recent incident in the middle east le. 😅

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Merc and Audi also follow 15,000km/1 yr. Well I would think they would have done the necessary checks to ensure it is adequate, given that they give 5 year warranty usually 

There will be many who will say too long, Singapore weather cannot, car will have problem etc. However, I am sure most drivers following schedule and u don’t see too many breakdowns?

Just enjoy having to go servicing once a yr haha. If u really don’t feel good, just do an in between oil change. Not too ex.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Midorima said:

Merc and Audi also follow 15,000km/1 yr. Well I would think they would have done the necessary checks to ensure it is adequate, given that they give 5 year warranty usually 

There will be many who will say too long, Singapore weather cannot, car will have problem etc. However, I am sure most drivers following schedule and u don’t see too many breakdowns?

Just enjoy having to go servicing once a yr haha. If u really don’t feel good, just do an in between oil change. Not too ex.

For a country that doesn't build cars, we have a lot of automotive experts. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Midorima said:

Another factor to take into consideration is how mileage is attained within a timespan.

Some people take more than a year and cannot hit 15K.

Some people get at least 3 oil changes with 15K intervals between in under a year.

Now if I were to do 3 oil changes with 15K between each time, within a year.

And I switched to doing it like every 5K interval, that is 9 times i change oil in a year, virtually a workshop visit every month, ouch.

• Praise 2

On 9/17/2019 at 7:53 AM, Ody_2004 said:

actually, since the oil filter is located on the top, buy an accessory tap at the drain hole and replace the drain plug and u have an easy DIY for oil change. The only problem is, the lack of proper disposal of oil. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2