A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

1 hour ago, flashbang said:

For a country that doesn't build cars, we have a lot of automotive experts. 

more like, for a country that has expensive cars for ownership, people get to treat the car better than their own wife sometimes.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

A friend of mine is mechanic in JB. He used to work in a reputated workshop in SG. Get to know him many years ago when he was still working in SG. 

He had alot of SG car customers going to him ever since he open his own workshop in JB. Asked him on service interval, he commented SG cars are always more dirty (engine sludge) as compared to MY cars. Cos of start stop driving conditions... best to use good quality engine oil and service before 10k km.. he said.

https://www.preciseauto.sg/blog/4/1/2017/this-is-why-you-should-do-regular-car-servicing

https://blog.modbargains.com/15000-mile-oil-change-myth/

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 4

Lol.. i'm just sharing my humble experience. To service your car at what interval is your own choice. Can do at 5k, 15k or even 50k interval. Happy can liao.. 

Funny sia! Manufacturer recommend to run in new car for the 1st 1000km, ppl dun follow.

Ask them to service 15k km, they follow. 🤭

Muayhahahah

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 5

24 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Lol.. i'm just sharing my humble experience. To service your car at what interval is your own choice. Can do at 5k, 15k or even 50k interval. Happy can liao.. 

Funny sia! Manufacturer recommend to run in new car for the 1st 1000km, ppl dun follow.

Muayhahahah

Who says people who follow 15k interval don't run in for 1500km? Skoda is 1500km by the way.

15 minutes ago, flashbang said:

Who says people who follow 15k interval don't run in for 1500km? Skoda is 1500km by the way.

I'm referring to those who dun believe in running-in a new car.

Owners manual states 1000km. I ran-in for the 1st few thousand though.. 

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

I'm referring to those who dun believe in running-in a new car.

Owners manual states 1000km. I ran-in for the 1st few thousand though.. 

If u think about it, those who don’t believe in running in a new car, probably don’t believe about maintaining their car well, so they would just follow service interval recommended (15k) without thinking too much?

Why would these people decide to do servicing before recommended intervals? Don’t get your logic.

In fact, these will be the people who try to stretch the 10ks and try to go only at 12k or something.

Edited by Midorima
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

A friend of mine is mechanic in JB. He used to work in a reputated workshop in SG. Get to know him many years ago when he was still working in SG. 

He had alot of SG car customers going to him ever since he open his own workshop in JB. Asked him on service interval, he commented SG cars are always more dirty (engine sludge) as compared to MY cars. Cos of start stop driving conditions... best to use good quality engine oil and service before 10k km.. he said.

https://www.preciseauto.sg/blog/4/1/2017/this-is-why-you-should-do-regular-car-servicing

Ahemmm....for someone depending on Sg car business of course say Sg car need more servicing lah. Lol

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, Soya said:

Ahemmm....for someone depending on Sg car business of course say Sg car need more servicing lah. Lol

I changed my ATF at 60k km instead of 80k km. Cos "heavy/adverse" use as defined by manual.
Lol "heavy" can be determined by the average trip being <10km in length or temps up to 35 degrees. My home to work is less than 10km

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Lol. I'm his long term customer too. I usually bring my own engine oil and oil filter. He charges rm30 for oil change only (JB market rate) Honest chap.😁

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, flashbang said:

And the specifics of the run in was documented as well.

Do not exceed 3/4 of the redline limit.

I can imagine those who didn't even flip the service manual, want to follow a run in routine, and sweat whenever the needle revs to 2000rpms. lol

3 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

And the specifics of the run in was documented as well.

Do not exceed 3/4 of the redline limit.

I can imagine those who didn't even flip the service manual, want to follow a run in routine, and sweat whenever the needle revs to 2000rpms. lol

There is a group of drivers where redline=2000 rpm. They can be found hogging the roads all in the name of squeezing extra km from their full tank. A cyclist can move off from red light faster than them.

• Praise 2

DURING THE 1ST 1000KM, THE ENGINE SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED WITH MORE THAN 3/4 OF THE MAXIMUM PERMITTED ENGINE REVS AND W/O THE TRAILER. 

The redline is 6k rpm. Not to charged more than 3/4 of the max permitted engine revs mean not to excess 4500rpm. 

Correct me if i'm wrong. 

🤣

20190918_200923.jpg

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I changed my ATF at 60k km instead of 80k km. Cos "heavy/adverse" use as defined by manual.
Lol "heavy" can be determined by the average trip being <10km in length or temps up to 35 degrees. My home to work is less than 10km

I lagi kiasi. I changed my ATF at 40k 🤣

• Praise 5

10 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I lagi kiasi. I changed my ATF at 40k 🤣

If only some of us was as good as looking at our healthy lifestyle and brushing our teeth and going for annual medical check up and dental.

The worst part is heathcare is cheaper than the car maintenance

20 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Also beware of this quality issues.

https://jalopnik.com/spying-on-employees-screwing-buyers-what-went-wrong-a-1827474482

19 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Muayhahahah

1000km is old school like warming up the engine for 7 mins.

Those were the days when the manufacturing quality were really terrible. Perhaps for the asian made brand, it makes sense as they going for quantity and not quality. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3