A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

7 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Is the current superb sold the FL version?

Really pity the 2L scale down version was scrapped. The 1.8L spec don't look appealing to me.

Yes, only L&K 2l. Heard 2l new models also detuned to 190hp. Unless it's sportline.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

If only some of us was as good as looking at our healthy lifestyle and brushing our teeth and going for annual medical check up and dental.

The worst part is heathcare is cheaper than the car maintenance

Yup, I go every 6 months for dental and yearly medical check since 30 years old. My car will roll into AD bay at 14999 km.

25 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Is the current superb sold the FL version?

Really pity the 2L scale down version was scrapped. The 1.8L spec don't look appealing to me.

Facelift Superb would not be in until Q2 / Q3 next year. Yes, 1.8L is underwhelming, especially after you have taste the 2.0L 220ps 350Nm version, which is now available only in L&K trim.

BTW, the facelift Superb is a mixed bag, as it will come with a reduction in power and torque for the 2.0L version (190ps 320Nm), but with 7 speed wet clutch DSG instead of the current 6 speed wet clutch.

• Praise 8

5 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Yes, only L&K 2l. Heard 2l new models also detuned to 190hp. Unless it's sportline.

No sportline in SG. Detune can retune if you really want to. If the person doesn't care about cars, he won't know the diff between 190hp or 250hp. Got badge and features can liao. That's how entry contis sell.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, flashbang said:

No sportline in SG. Detune can retune if you really want to. If the person doesn't care about cars, he won't know the diff between 190hp or 250hp. Got badge and features can liao. That's how entry contis sell.

This hamburger knows about car le.😬

• Praise 3

On 9/18/2019 at 1:58 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Lol.. i'm just sharing my humble experience. To service your car at what interval is your own choice. Can do at 5k, 15k or even 50k interval. Happy can liao.. 

Funny sia! Manufacturer recommend to run in new car for the 1st 1000km, ppl dun follow.

Ask them to service 15k km, they follow. 🤭

Muayhahahah

True, but in all honesty.. changing oil every 5k is a waste of money.. Modern engines these days can probably run to 20k before an oil change.. unless you intend to keep the car for >10yrs which is very rare these days..

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, flashbang said:

Yup, I go every 6 months for dental and yearly medical check since 30 years old. My car will roll into AD bay at 14999 km.

Mine rolled in after 15600.

The infotainment, and HUD kept screaming at me like a kid begging for candy.

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Facelift Superb would not be in until Q2 / Q3 next year. Yes, 1.8L is underwhelming, especially after you have taste the 2.0L 220ps 350Nm version, which is now available only in L&K trim.

BTW, the facelift Superb is a mixed bag, as it will come with a reduction in power and torque for the 2.0L version (190ps 320Nm), but with 7 speed wet clutch DSG instead of the current 6 speed wet clutch.

What are the chances of the 2.0l 272 hp being matched with L & K in Sg? 

51 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

Just go for tuning can liao mah.

My previous A6 2.0L has MTM tune, 270hp with 390Nm.[drivingcar]

1 hour ago, Ganwb79 said:

AD probably thinks the market is too small for that

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

The engine in the FL Superb seems to be from the current Audi A4/A5.  Maybe, the 7 speed wet clutch DSG is as well?

Just now, Sdf4786k said:

If only some of us was as good as looking at our healthy lifestyle and brushing our teeth and going for annual medical check up and dental.

The worst part is heathcare is cheaper than the car maintenance

Yeah i brush my teeth twice a day without fail and go for annual medical and dental checkups regularly.

Most of my famly members and friends do that too. 😁

Yes i do agree with u that warming up a modern fuel injected engine is old skool and unnecessary.

However, running in two pcs of moving metal is still essential. Technologies, better machining and assembly holds higher tolerates, shortens run-in period and not to skip it totally.  If u were to talk abt quality, Jap cars are far more reliable than contis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break-in_(mechanical_run-in)

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, adrian140180 said:

What are the chances of LTA permanently banning PMDs in Singapore? That's your answer. lol

My question is highly rhetorical on hindsight 🙂

The current superb is pretty good value but I find the instrument cluster a bit bland. One thing going for the FL would be the virtual cockpit option. 

• Praise 1