A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

On 9/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Sell below cost price? U think its even possible? Lol

I half suspect it could be a unreg Demo unit and either way, will be sold to dealer at dealer prices.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Sdf4786k said:

I half suspect it could be a unreg Demo unit and either way, will be sold to dealer at dealer prices.

Unlikely bro. At most give more accessories/servicing or higher overtrade that's all.

Its an honest mistake anyway... 

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

SCS is such a reasonable, and understanding agent, so unlikely the special price will drop so low.

They will probably still offer him at 120+ range, maybe throw in complimentary 10sets of comfort packs.

The elusive ERP cover, and the 2 sets of the boot element that never ever gets restocked.

But yeah, that little boo boo is kinda obvious, no one would take that deal up too seriously, we would just see and laugh it off.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Unlikely bro. At most give more accessories/servicing or higher overtrade that's all.

Its an honest mistake anyway... 

I believe honest mistake means don’t have to honor it .. like the stock market. The regulators are quite reasonable people. Same as in this case where no one really expect Scs to make good of the 10 units of vrs at 98k

• Praise 1

This reminds me of an old incident long time back when I was a kid.

Yaohan in Plaza Sing was having a sale in their store and advertised their sale items in Straits Times. One item that caught my eyes is the SEGA Game Gear. The Original price of the handheld was around $450 and the store was offering it for $37!!

I told my dad and we decided to check out Plaza Sing on the item. When we reach there alas the items sold out and the store poster masked the item off.

After i heard that it was a printing error and the offer price is supposed to be $370. The morning queue was mad and Yaohan actually honor the errored price for the first few customers before announced sold out!!

Those first few really had the best deal...

1 hour ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Pocus said:

This reminds me of an old incident long time back when I was a kid.

Yaohan in Plaza Sing was having a sale in their store and advertised their sale items in Straits Times. One item that caught my eyes is the SEGA Game Gear. The Original price of the handheld was around $450 and the store was offering it for $37!!

I told my dad and we decided to check out Plaza Sing on the item. When we reach there alas the items sold out and the store poster masked the item off.

After i heard that it was a printing error and the offer price is supposed to be $370. The morning queue was mad and Yaohan actually honor the errored price for the first few customers before announced sold out!!

Those first few really had the best deal...

i encounter similar incident just few months back on some car accessories.

price tag with bar code $15, original price was $150+(from last visit). there's only 4 pcs left. I wasn't planning to get it at that time.

Went to the counter and confirm price, counter newbie told me its correct at price tag $15., grab all 4pc and Q at counter.

Senior cashier returned when my turn came and check the inventory system then mention its wrongly tag(should be $115), but will honour the 4 on my hands, then asked the assistant to pull the all stock off the shelf ASAP and retag.

assistant came back after i paid and told senior cashier, no more at the shelf liao.
never got such got deals in life before, was damn happy..

hope the ones that went head in for the $98k+ RS, get something out of the deal 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Lplater said:

hope the ones that went head in for the $98k+ RS, get something out of the deal 

No diff. Even if one goes n bang table n demand to buy the RS at 98k, SCS can juz go bid $1 COE n buyer can suck thumb...

• Haha! 2

Before everyone got the wrong idea, any store can label their price wrongly but is not under obligation to sell at the wrong displayed price.

Do not act like cina man and their nonsense.

• Praise 6

10 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Before everyone got the wrong idea, any store can label their price wrongly but is not under obligation to sell at the wrong displayed price.

Yep. This reminds me of what my law professor taught last time regarding the difference between an Invitation to Treat vs An Offer

Put price = Invitation to Treat. Does not constitute a binding offer. Only if the seller accept what the buying party is prepared to offer then it becomes a binding contract.

Maybe cheena law different. Who bang table louder dictates the price.....lol

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Soya said:

Yep. This reminds me of what my law professor taught last time regarding the difference between an Invitation to Treat vs An Offer

Put price = Invitation to Treat. Does not constitute a binding offer. Only if the seller accept what the buying party is prepared to offer then it becomes a binding contract.

Maybe cheena law different. Who bang table louder dictates the price.....lol

Yes that’s right under business law. What I studied too. Haha

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Tjkbeluga said:

Saw a Kodiaq near my office yesterday and, oh boy, fell in love with it! 

Nice isn’t it? I work in Skoda everyday feel like buying but I don’t make enough money haha.. 

• Haha! 2

Aiyo, even the resident Skoda SE AriesGoat also concur, that means no chance for a good offer liao 😄

Incidentally, no news nor update from Skoda communication 😐

↡ Advertisement