A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

13 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

So the problem are the buttons for the windows?

Yup, full wind down is not sensitive enough.

Anyway not a big deal, keep holding the button till fully wind down is ok. Thaiyo suggested the remote. But its actually more difficult, as it's in the pocket and leh cheh to dig out. 

There are also a few other minor irritance as well, such as an over-sensitive turn signaling stalk. Many times when I flick the turn signal off I ended up signaling the opposite direction, and then when I try to correct that, it ended up switching back the first direction, and this could repeat again... The car behind me must me wondering wtf I'm doing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Friedpiggy said:

Anyway not a big deal, keep holding the button till fully wind down is ok. Thaiyo suggested the remote. But its actually more difficult, as it's in the pocket and leh cheh to dig out. 

There are also a few other minor irritance as well, such as an over-sensitive turn signaling stalk. Many times when I flick the turn signal off I ended up signaling the opposite direction, and then when I try to correct that, it ended up switching back the first direction, and this could repeat again... The car behind me must me wondering wtf I'm doing.

Already say before, best is to vagcom convenience kessy so that can wind down windows by holding onto door handle while unlocking.

But skoda door handle maybe inferior quality too.

• Praise 1

On 10/11/2019 at 9:22 PM, Friedpiggy said:

The signal function should have the 3 blinks for changing lanes? So you don’t have to flick the stalk back

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

some people just cannot or need longer time to adapt themselves to different technology

Yes, like me, I am slowly adapting to the smaller than regular sized cupholders.

• Haha! 3

On 10/11/2019 at 6:22 PM, Friedpiggy said:

I love the signal stalk, just a little push and i can activate quick signal of 4x. I used carista to change 3x to 4x signal.

very convenient in lane change. Unless about to turn left then fully activate the signal light. 

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2

11 hours ago, Hamburger said:

some people just cannot or need longer time to adapt themselves to different technology

As in actually using the signal?.....

I did need some getting used to when moving from a regular triple turn tap and signal to the type where the stalk returns to center even though the blinkers are still on. 

9 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I love the signal stalk, just a little push and i can activate quick signal of 4x. I used carista to change 3x to 4x signal.

very convenient in lane change. Unless about to turn left then fully activate the signal light. 

actually even humble elantra can set 3-5-7 indicator signals, choose your option.
I find 3 blinks which is on my honda, too short. I use 7 on the elantra for my wife.

But i would prefer 5 as sweet spot.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

actually even humble elantra can set 3-5-7 indicator signals, choose your option.
I find 3 blinks which is on my honda, too short. I use 7 on the elantra for my wife.

5 too long. I use 4. 

If use 4 just nice switched over another lane lol

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

If hyundai allows to toggle 3-5-7 as a setting, then it is simply clever.

I use 5x too...cuz I trigger early, not because I execute late 😝😜

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

No wonder some ppl say kimchi car got conti feel.....lol

15 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

The signal function should have the 3 blinks for changing lanes? So you don’t have to flick the stalk back

Signal function...hmmm...okay didnt know of the existence of this function. I always full engage the stalk till it clicks in place. Will try it out.

22 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

New steering wheel design for the upcoming Octavia.

2020-skoda-octavia-combi-spy-photo.jpg

Looks like 2 spokes only? Kind of weird. The virtual cockpit looks good though.