A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Jin rare to be so quiet here..

How's everyone Skoda? Happily driving them and no complain to raise? or all move to Whatsapp Telegram etc oredi?

Me old man still prefer Forum.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

How's everyone Skoda? Happily driving them and no complain to raise? or all move to Whatsapp Telegram etc oredi?

Happily clocked 27k liao. Very satisfied. Gonna make it superber at the 30k servicing.

1) check coolant system. Topped up 200ml at 25k after it went below the minimum level.

2) 'Since refuel' page keeps resetting itself. Tiagong scs can rectify the issue.

• Praise 4

23 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Happily clocked 27k liao. Very satisfied. Gonna make it superber at the 30k servicing.

1) check coolant system. Topped up 200ml at 25k after it went below the minimum level.

2) 'Since refuel' page keeps resetting itself. Tiagong scs can rectify the issue.

My coolant seem always on low end when overnight.. normal?

2 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

My coolant seem always on low end when overnight.. normal?

Manual ask us to top up if below minimum. I just follow. If yours above min still, your ride seems ok.

• Praise 2

@TangoCharlie @Ody_2004 just head down to the dialogue section to have the coolant system check / purged and top up, then everything will be fine thereafter. Totally FOC. 

I have exactly the same issue with my Sharan 2.0T (same engine as  the current Superb 2.0T) in the first month, and after the purging and top up, so far so good (after close to 3 years / 110K km). Nothing to worry about.

• Praise 11

3 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

@TangoCharlie @Ody_2004 just head down to the dialogue section to have the coolant system check / purged and top up, then everything will be fine thereafter. Totally FOC. 

I have exactly the same issue with my Sharan 2.0T (same engine as  the current Superb 2.0T) in the first month, and after the purging and top up, so far so good (after close to 3 years / 110K km). Nothing to worry about.

FOC for first year only according to mechanic there. Mine continue to have this issue after 15k service. Will have it check at 30k. Thanks bro.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Alot chat on superb whatsapp. Very alive there lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

30 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Alot chat on superb whatsapp. Very alive there lol

I used to be in of the mpv chat until I gave up.

Almost everyday fried cold rice and talked about FC , save fuel, EO used,  car cam, dsg cannot creep etc.

Gave up and exit. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

47 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Is top up of engine oil and coolant common among Skoda cars only or all conti cars? My Karoq chat group got ppl bring this up. 

Top up slightly beyond the high line. Prob solved.

• Praise 5

37 minutes ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Top up slightly beyond the high line. Prob solved.

Will go back SCS when alarm sounds. But will check regularly, can put my army mechanic skills to good use. Haha. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Daniu82 said:

Is top up of engine oil and coolant common among Skoda cars only or all conti cars? My Karoq chat group got ppl bring this up. 

Typical vag car

audi also got this issue even A8 and Q5 esp engine oil drop

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Typical vag car

I checked my EO and coolant at 25k. EO no need top up.

Skoda win Audi.:yuush:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Typical vag car

Whether a car burns excessive engine oil depends how its run-in when new.  My car need not top up engine oil at all. 

As for coolant, its not uncommon for cars of any makes to top up from time to time especially those that were driven hard. 

So dun worry too much guys! 

• Praise 7